Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By *Wookie-Chick*
  • 2 Post By yoyoma
  • 1 Post By arie_skop
  • 4 Post By rollo

Thread: How much celebs are paid to wear dresses (article)

Elite Member

Default How much celebs are paid to wear dresses (article)

How much celebs are paid to wear dresses

How much celebs are paid to wear dresses

AAP
    14 hrs ago

Hollywood stars don't just get free designer dresses to wear to red carpet events, it appears they also get paid to wear them, according to one A-list stylist.

And it's not exactly a nominal fee.

AP Miranda Kerr

Stylist Jessica Paster, who has worked with Cate Blanchett, admitted at a recent panel discussion at the Vulture festival in New York that an A-list actress can receive up to $US250,000 ($A320,000) to wear a dress on the red carpet.

Paster, who counts Blanchett as one of her clients along with Emily Blunt, Miranda Kerr, Sandra Bullock and Rachel McAdams, said it is a pretty common occurrence.

"Jewellery people are paying, shoe people are paying, tampon companies are paying, everyone is paying," Paster said at the panel, according to AOL.com.

"It could be just paying the stylist and we get anywhere between $US30,000 to $US50,0000. Or it's paying the actress something between $US100,000 and $US250,000," she said.

No matter how much money is offered, though, Paster says if the dress looks awful the client won't wear it and nothing is ever signed.

But she sees no problem in accepting money if the dress works.

"If it looks gorgeous on you and this is the dress we were going to pick anyway, why not be paid?" Paster said.

The stylist explained that she calls the paid relationship between a designer brand and a celebrity an ambassadorship.

"They're ambassadorships and you start relationships with them (the brand), and then eventually, the actress often does get a campaign from them because they have a relationship with her," she said.

"I don't seek these things out, but I think you put the most beautiful dress on the girl and if you get paid that's a plus.

"I'm not going to use a dress that's not right for a girl and get paid, that's wrong. I always tell my assistants, don't worry about the money, the money will come, just do a beautiful job."

Fellow celebrity stylist Brad Goreski said he had never been offered money to dress a client but he knew it happened.

"If someone shows up to the Oscars in a black dress and huge statement necklace, chances are they're being paid by a jewellery company," Goreski said.
    Last edited by *Wookie-Chick*; June 20th, 2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Took away '?' in title.
    dougie likes this.

Disgusting!
    BelledeJour and holly like this.

that's crazy, they earn enough money
    holly likes this.

But didn't we know this? Every time we criticize them, they are laughing all the way to the bank!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

That would explain why some of them are wearing shoes 2 sizes too big or too small. I'll never understand why a more or less famous actress would wear such shoes. Not even for 30,000.

Better than the hooking Lohan is doing.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by *Wookie-Chick* View Post

"I'm not going to use a dress that's not right for a girl and get paid, that's wrong. I always tell my assistants, don't worry about the money, the money will come, just do a beautiful job."
    I do not know about this stylist but some do as we have seen the most atrocious ugly stuff on the red carpet.

It also explains a lot of the hardcore posing. lol. I'm talking to you Lea Michele! lol!

Bitches.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Thread Information