Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Question: what do Gossip Rockers want to see in Famous style?

Default Question: what do Gossip Rockers want to see in Famous style?

There is clearly an age differential I've noticed on this forum, younger prettier celebs get more replies to their threads. No surprise there.

Then there are the cultural/nationality questions. Unheard of Asians and Russians and Africans get very few responses even when they are 'famous' or wildly attractive or interestingly attired.

The biggest responses to a Famous Style post seem to be:

-A current young female US television star, no matter how insignificant or insufferable
    -English speaking western music celebrities

So it seems to me we see a lot of the same tedious people over and over again (Taylor Swift anyone?) when there is a whole lot of fashion, entertaining celebrity, international royalty, and all around fabulous wealthy sensationalism that sadly doesn't elicit two responses in a thread here.

....too bad really because I have turned up some spectacular stuff I never posted because I knew it didn't have the name recognition to elicit so much as a 'meh'. I couldn't be bothered to do the copy and paste to post them because it would have been ignored.

So I'm asking outright, why not, what do gossip rocker Style'ers want to see?

(or perhaps I have answered my own question? More Taylor Swift?)

To be honest I'm not all that interested in the fashion threads and will only click if it's someone I like or if they usually look either stunning or a train wreck. I love the disasters and if a thread has a lot of replies I'll click to see what I'm missing. But most of them I scroll past. I like megathreads and would be happy to have all the fashion in one, like a megathread for each red carpet event or one for each repeat offender celeb, but I don't think that's a popular opinion. Sometimes when i log in and click New Posts it's 2 pages of fashion threads with one or two replies each, which to me clogs up the board.

phew, for someone who doesn't care I have a lot to say about the issue.
    Butterfly, MontanaMama and SHELLEE like this.
    Be excellent to each other.

But you can't know if they're stunning or a train wreck until you've opened the thread to begin with.

So if it is stunning/train wreck you will comment no matter the subject? Or you will just open the thread of a recognized celebrity hoping for a stunning train wreck? If it is someone you've never heard of you won't bother looking?

I'm not that into fashion so I'll usually only look at the celebs I like or the threads that seem popular.
    I hate megathreads, I don't see why it's so bad having new threads, it's not as if we have tons of them in the first place.
    Ravenna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    So if it is stunning/train wreck you will comment no matter the subject? Or you will just open the thread of a recognized celebrity hoping for a stunning train wreck? If it is someone you've never heard of you won't bother looking?
    I don't always comment because half the time someone's already said what I was going to, so I'll like their post. I open threads that look busy because that usually means train wreck. Or if it's someone trashy and the title says for instance Britney Spears in an orange leather mini of course I'm going to click. And if I've never heard of them I usually don't click unless the thread title is too tempting (again, orange leather mini). But someone like say Cate Blanchett I will always click expecting something stunning.
    tulip likes this.
    Be excellent to each other.

So who/what do you want to see?

I feel the same towards the fashion threads as faithanne. I don't bother unless it's someone really famous or a known disaster. Also, a thread title might catch my attention. "Obscure Scottish Bagpipe player wears Peacock Thong" will get a view from me.

So Azoria if you find something stunning, title it as such and I'll take a look.
    azoria likes this.

I try to post about different celebs to make it more interesting. The Cartrashians can certainly go in one thread. We all know what to expect. I'm not that big on TV stars.

I will rarely click on any royal celebs just because it is usually just the same old skirt/jacket with stupid hat in another shade of drab pastel or beige. Although I do love checking out the shit that Beatrice and Eugenie wear.

I like seeing outfits from awards and I don't mind if it all goes into one mega thread.

I click on celebs that I know will be outrageously bad (Kardashian, Camel toe lady, Britney, Miley, Rihanna)
    Celebs that I usually love their style ... Jessica Alba, Aniston, Taylor Swift etc or the ones that I'm hoping have finally got it right (Jennifer Lawrence, Kristen Stewart)
    And other celebs that I love to mock .. Angelina Jolie, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Biel, Abigail Brenin, Dakota Fanning, Tara Reid,

I don't care about tv stars or males or politicians.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I usually look at the names I recognise. I also have a few "triggers", where I'll look regardless - Katy Perry, Camilla Belle, Blake Lively (though I hate her), Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Lowndes, Kerry Washington, Amber Heard, Adriana Lima, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry (even if she's a crazy bitch). Women I either find attractive or know they usually put a lot of effort into their outfit.

I also look at most of the men, even though I don't have a lot to say if they are just wearing a standard suit.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I like the fashion threads, but I generally only want to see celebs who are on my radar, so Asian/African/Russian etc celebs aren't people who I know or really give a shite about. I don't think a megathread would be good for the big events, those threads move so quickly that lots of interesting or funny comments would get lost in the mix.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I like the fashion thread, but I mostly click on the celebrities I know - I say mostly because from time to time I'll just look at pretty much every celebrity regardless if I know the name or not.

I don't always comment though: sometimes I will look at something, but feel I don't have much to say (other than "nice" or "ugly"), so I don't write anything.

I always check the 'who wore it better' threads, even if I don't know the people. And I click threads where I'm expecting to see something beautiful, whether it's an Elie Saab dress or a beautiful face like Marion Cotillard's or Zhang's. And I usually admire Helen Mirren's style as well.

I also click people who are often good for a laugh, like Julianne Moore and ChloŽ Sevigny. Kim Kard is usually a disaster too but I just want that whole family exiled to another planet so I don't usually click those.

I click on Cheryl Cole's threads so I can admire her gorgeous face while shaking my head over her trashtastic styling.

I click on threads about people I haven't seen in a long time. For example, Honey posted a thread yesterday about Juliet Binoche, and it was interesting although it hurt my eyes.

I'm with Sarzy about megathreads. I hate hate hate 'em.

Ah, yes - Ravenna, Cheryl is also one I always look at
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I don't quite see what the problem is here. Don't post fashion just for the sake of posting them. We all like different things and some of my very favorites have just gotten maybe 3 comments. Doesn't matter because the 3 of us loved what we saw.
    Judi Dench,Joan Collins and Helen Mirren and Jane Fonda always get interest. Although I do love Taylor Swift.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information