Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Serena and Venus Williams

  1. #1
    Elite Member Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59,909
    dougie likes this.

  2. #2
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    22,536

    Default

    Wow, Serena was always the prettier one, but Venus looks much better in these shots.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  3. #3
    Elite Member levitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    the sin bin
    Posts
    15,049

    Default

    Venus needs blotting papers/powder sharpish!

  4. #4
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    Venus may not be as "pretty" but at least she's not pumped full of roids like her brother.
    msdeb, Laurent and rockchick like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  5. #5
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Venus looks pretty.

  6. #6
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    22,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Venus may not be as "pretty" but at least she's not pumped full of roids like her brother.
    Serena is a big girl, but not full of roids. She doesn't have the telltale signs like the voice or the excessive hair (beard, mustache). I'm sure she's just like my sis and myself: we just show very quickly after exercising.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  7. #7
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    15,991

    Default

    Christ, Serena looks like she's channeling Lil Kim!

  8. #8
    Elite Member InigoMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    I remember reading an article in Rolling Stone when they were young. I can't find it in their archives, but recall Richard said something to the effect of after he saw Venus' potential, he talked his then-wife into having another child to also train for tennis. In the article, he said he thought Serena would end up a better player than Venus.

  9. #9
    Elite Member Lofty Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,187

    Default

    Wow, I think both sisters look great.

  10. #10
    Elite Member Lofty Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I remember reading an article in Rolling Stone when they were young. I can't find it in their archives, but recall Richard said something to the effect of after he saw Venus' potential, he talked his then-wife into having another child to also train for tennis. In the article, he said he thought Serena would end up a better player than Venus.
    i heard that story alot when they were new to the circuit. Later, it was never mentioned again. I tend to believe that, given how Richard raised them.

  11. #11
    Elite Member GRuser1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Christ, Serena looks like she's channeling Lil Kim!
    Did she do something to her face?

  12. #12
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    47,199

    Default

    ^ Yes, a while ago now.

  13. #13
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    i heard that story alot when they were new to the circuit. Later, it was never mentioned again. I tend to believe that, given how Richard raised them.

    I read that Richard insisted on two more children from his wife after he watched some tennis matches and decided he wanted tennis stars. It was mentioned in more than one article I've read.
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  14. #14
    Elite Member Kathie_Moffett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    just another freak in the freak kingdom
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Wow, Serena was always the prettier one, but Venus looks much better in these shots.
    People think Serena's prettier? Hm, I would have to disagree. Neither is exactly a stunner, but I think Venus has more interesting features and is more gracefully put together. She cleans up very well, imo, whereas Serena looks pretty much the same dressed down and dressed up.

    Venus looks great here, and I love that lipcolor with her skin tone.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

  15. #15
    Elite Member InigoMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I read that Richard insisted on two more children from his wife after he watched some tennis matches and decided he wanted tennis stars. It was mentioned in more than one article I've read.
    Now I have a vague recollection of reading him mention Graf and Seles and their dads as coaches, and said, "I can do that." but I may be misremembering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
  2. Venus and Serena Williams
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 27th, 2011, 03:27 AM
  3. Serena and Venus Williams
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
  4. Venus and Serena Williams
    By olivia720 in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
  5. Serena and Venus Williams
    By yoyoma in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •