Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Beyonce Debuts Pixie Cut on Instagram

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Default Beyonce Debuts Pixie Cut on Instagram

From dailymail.co.uk

At last! Beyoncé ditches her trademark long tresses for an edgy pixie crop
    By Rachel Levy and Donna Mcconnell
    PUBLISHED: 00:48 EST, 8 August 2013 | UPDATED: 05:27 EST, 8 August 2013

Beyonce Knowles stunned fans on Wednesday as she unveiled a drastic new hairdo.

The superstar singer who is known for her trademark honey coloured tresses has finally ditched her long weave for an edgier short pixie crop.

To launch her new look the 31-year-old songstress posted pictures to her Instagram account showing pictures of herself gazing in the mirror.

Bold new look: Beyonce shared a snapshot of her cropped hairstyle on Wednesday after removing her weave and cutting her remaining hair into this edgy new style

Feeling it: The star checked herself out in the mirror after getting her new look... and she's clearly still getting used to it

The Crazy In Love singer can also be seen from behind feeling the back of her head where her long hair used to be.

Dressed in a short sleeve printed T-shirt and gilt choker, Beyonce shared another snap showing her pixie cut from the front - slightly combed back and parted the side, complete with dark roots.

Beyonce has been a diehard weave wearer for years - and will no doubt have thought long and hard about taking this new direction.

Comparisons to Rihanna - who has worn the shorter look on and off for some years now - will be inevitable.

The Pour It Up singer has also recently unveiled her shorter natural hair after removing her weave.

Beyonce has rarely sported anything other than big, bouffant looks in since blasting onto the music scene with Destiny's Child.

And her new look could - like Halle Berry's short crop from film Boomerang - see a rush to hair salons for fans eager to copy her new look.

Beyonce's wig collection was once estimated to be worth $1 million.

The many hairstyles of Beyonce: The singer is reported to have a wig collection worth a reputed $1million...

... now she has ditched her signature honey coloured tresses in favour of a shorter edgier look

The wigs are mostly handcrafted and custom made for the star out of real human hair, and a single wig is reportedly worth $10,000 each.

It's unclear if she will keep her new look for long, but the singer donates her worn pieces to an organisation that provides wigs for chemotherapy patients, so they should expect something of a bonanza shortly.

Wow: Beyonce looks a little stunned herself as she plays with her new shorter locks

The new style comes just two weeks after her blonde stresses got entangled in the blades of a fan as during her performance in Montreal of her power ballad 'Halo'.

Beyonce had been sat next to the fan - which was perched on the edge of the stage - for her finale performance when it became apparent her tightly curled hair had been sucked into the machine.

Typically she continued singing while holding onto the roots of her hair to prevent it getting caught further, before security rushed over to tease it out.

Beyonce still had her longer locks as she performed her last show at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Monday.

Working up a sweat beforehand, she said: 'I biked to Barclays for my last show in Brooklyn!'

Full article and more pictures on dailymail.co.uk
    Last edited by dougie; August 8th, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

Normally, I like this kind of hairstyle, but it seems to me like her face is too full for it.

God no! She's somebody who needs longer hair. The colour is horrible too.
    McJag likes this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

I wonder if she really cut her hair or if it's a wig? Do we even know what her real hair looks like?
    BelledeJour likes this.

She doesn't look good in it. Her neck is huge!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Dougie there have been pics of her natural hair. It's pretty short, maybe bob length or a little longer.
    dougie likes this.

Pixie cut my ass. She just took her weave out.

I thought her face could pull off any hairstyle but it seems I was wrong. That short hair does not look good on her and the color is awful. It makes her look really masculine. She needs to put the weave back in.

i guess she's trying to look cooler, like her sister. and it's not working. besides, it's probably what she had under her weave all along.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I usually like shorter hair, but I'm with yawl here. Put your weave back on before Loreal drops your contract! Why would I buy hair color from a self-important hag in a wig? Oh right.....I wouldn't!!!!

Not working on her.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Gold Member

She looks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by angileek42 View Post
    She looks like a man
    Nonsense! Men look way better.
    rockchick, Honey and BelledeJour like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yuck, that sucks ass. And I really hate dyed blonde hair on women of color.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I always thought full wig - never just a weave. Also - in the article it says she donates her old wigs to chemo patients and they should expect a bonanza. So - we are to assume she will not wear a wig just because she cut her hair?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information