Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nobody likes Stella McCartney's Olympic Uniforms

Default Nobody likes Stella McCartney's Olympic Uniforms

sports.yahoo.com

British fashion designer Stella McCartney was on hand at a ceremony this week to reveal the uniforms she created for the 2012 British Olympic team. McCartney, the daughter of Paul McCartney, is in the middle of the picture above. People had about as good a reaction to the uniforms as you're likely having to Stella's paisley jumpsuit.
    The kit will dress the 500 athletes who will compete in this summer's Olympics and Paralympics in London. McCartney said she was inspired by the union flag, but wanted to make the design "untraditional."
    "Something that was very important to me was to try and use that very iconic image but to dismantle it and try to soften it, break it down and make it more fashionable in a sense," she told reporters at this week's launch at the Tower of London.

Many Brits wished the design had stayed behind lock and key at the infamous 17th century prison. Most of the criticism had to do with the lack of red in McCartney's design. Others thought there was too much Scottish blue. A number of athletes tweeted their disappointment and general consensus ran equally negative.
    Here's the thing: Nobody is going to care what the athletes are wearing so long as they're winning medals. The design isn't particularly wowing, but it says "Great Britain," has all the national colors and is not so ugly that any athlete should be embarrassed to wear it. Frankly, unless you have really cool national colors, like Jamaica, it's hard to make a memorable Olympic design. Do you remember what any American track star has worn at the past few Games?

So, cheer up, mates. Compared to the cult-like uniforms that will be worn by Olympic torchbearers (also released this week), these are downright glamorous.

Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

"Something that was very important to me was to try and use that very iconic image but to dismantle it and try to soften it, break it down and make it more fashionable in a sense,"

lol Listen to her act like she knows what she's talking about.

Ugh. Those long red socks are hideous.

I could be blindfolded and come up with better uniforms.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Why in the unfashionable tacky fuck has this bitch been on every ass in Hollywood lately AND gets to design the Olympic uniforms when everything she designs looks like something a loser on 48-Hour Runway would throw together?
    Last edited by nancydrew; April 16th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

lol the red socks are the only part i like.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lol the red socks are the only part i like.
    Really? Even on a man?

She managed to insult every athlete in every field. She gets gold for that.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Really? Even on a man?
    yeah, they're funny. and they're already wearing short, tight, silly looking costumes so they might as well add knee socks and headbands as well.
    Air Quotes likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm enjoying all these Stella McCartney horror show threads. I don't click on the fashion ones that often but now I can't wait to see the latest crime against good taste she's conned someone into wearing. Nepotism FTW!
    Sasha likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah, they're funny. and they're already wearing short, tight, silly looking costumes so they might as well add knee socks and headbands as well.
    Well, the guy IS really tall so they're still technically knee socks. Put them on someone with average height and they'd be thigh highs. I wonder which look she was actually going for? LOL

There's too much blue on the flag part, it looks more like a Scottish outfit.

Like all of her designs, just hideous.

Elite Member

Her outfit is the most hilarious , it looks like a pyjama. I was relieved when I realized it was her and not one of the uniforms. LOL.

She has no taste or style whatsoever. Her designs are hideous. I find her more annoying than Peaches and Kimberly Stewart, because Stella acts as if her success is all her doing.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information