Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: British royals jewelry in fashion - HRH Elizabeth II, Wallis Simpson, etc.

Default British royals jewelry in fashion - HRH Elizabeth II, Wallis Simpson, etc.

Thanks.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing the jewels on display for the Royal Wedding.

A*O

I have loads of books on royal jewels, especially from the Romanovs. This tiara belonged to Grand Duchess Vladimir, the last Tsar's aunt. The Queen wears it a lot but obviously is happy to lend it to Camilla. I'm not mad about emeralds so prefer the pearl version.

Another one the Queen lets her DIL borrow. It was made for Queen Mary in 1919 and can also be worn as a necklace.

If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I'm loving the Tiaras: More British Royal Tiaras - The Tudors Wiki

Wonder which one Kate will wear.

They don't compare with Mels.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

The Duchess of Cornwall wears the Boucheron tiara once owned by Queen Mother at the Commonwealth Heads of Government banquet in Sri Lanka on November 14, 2013

MRS GREVILLE'S JEWELS ... THE STORY BEHIND THE BOUCHERON TIARA

Dame Greville from Boucheron was a well-known society hostess who had a considerable jewellery collection, the crowning glory of which was her tiara.

The honeycomb-patterned jewellery piece was made by Boucheron jewellers for the Hon. Mrs. Greville in 1921 out of stones salvaged from another tiara.

She was a close friend of Queen Mary and, having no heirs of her own, left her considerable jewellery collection to her daughter Queen Elizabeth (the future Queen Mother) when she died in 1942.

It was to became Queen Elizabeth’s signature piece after the King’s death and she wore it consistently throughout her life, well into old age.

Although the tiara was already spectacular when Her Majesty received it in 1942, she improved it in 1953 by having Cartier add height to the top tier in the form of groups of brilliants with one large marquise-cut diamond in the centre.

Crowning glory: The Queen Mother inherited the tiara from Hon. Mrs Greville from Boucheron

Since the Queen Mother’s death, the Queen has not worn this tiara (unlike the Queen Mother’s other signature tiara, the Oriental Circlet); instead, the Queen has loaned it to the Duchess of Cornwall.

She has worn it on a number of special occasions including earlier this year when she attended the State Opening of Parliament for the first time alongside her husband.

For special occasions: Camilla has previously worn the tiara for the State Opening of Parliament, left, and during a royal visit to Amsterdam

Witchywoman likes this.

I wonder what some of these tiaras weigh. The Queen Mother looks on up in years in this pic and that Boucheron honeycomb tiara looks heavy.

“What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I wonder what some of these tiaras weigh. The Queen Mother looks on up in years in this pic and that Boucheron honeycomb tiara looks heavy.

I think Harry looks like her.
    They say it's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me, I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember even if I don't write it down. -
    Tallulah Bankhead

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

The Diamond Duchess: Kate wears glittering tiara for white tie ball at Buckingham Palace | Mail Online

Arriving at tonight’s Diplomatic Reception in a chauffeur-driven Bentley, Kate sported in public for the first time since her wedding a dazzling tiara, believed to have been loaned to her by the Queen.

Regal: The Duchess of Cambridge arrives for a diplomatic reception this evening at Buckingham Palace wearing a tiara

Kensington Palace confirmed tonight that the tiara had belonged to Princess Margaret.

It is a particularly delicate diamond tiara of fanned motifs crowned by floating diamond arches and studded with two pearls at the base and a central top pearl.

Glittering: The stunning tiara is thought to have belonged to the Queen Mother

It was made from one of her wedding gifts, a necklace of a Greek key pattern with pendant diamonds and pearls given by her husband, the future George VI. Jewellers Garrard dismantled it and created a tiara instead.

The Queen Mother often wore it as a young woman before handing it down to her youngest daughter, Princess Margaret, who also loaned it to Serena Stanhope for her wedding to Margaret’s son Viscount Linley.

Although Prince William and his wife have studiously avoided attending any state banquets since their wedding (when a tiara is obligatory), claiming they are left to senior working royals, tonight’s reception was something of a three-line whip.

There are 172 Foreign Missions currently accredited to the Court of St James’s in London, because St. James’s Palace is still the senior palace and official residence of the Sovereign.

Each year the Queen throws a lavish reception in their honour, where members of the royal family make a point of meeting and greeting each one.

A piece of history: The beautiful tiara was owned by the Queen Mother and handed down to Princess Margaret. Kensington Palace confirmed that the Queen loaned it to the Duchess for tonight

Family heirloom: The Queen Mother is pictured wearing the tiara in a picture from 1930, left, while Princess Margaret is seen wearing it to a state dinner, right

Read more: The Diamond Duchess: Kate wears glittering tiara for white tie ball at Buckingham Palace | Mail Online
    Brookie and Neptunia like this.

It's nice to see her break out some of the royal jewels and she definitely has the hair for a tiara. It was only on loan for one night, does that mean Kate doesn't get her own tiara like Diana often wore that pearl one? Maybe because she's not Princess of Wales yet?

Notice her eye makeup! Looks very natural,not harsh at all. She looks fabulous!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yes! Soft and a little smokey. Maybe that felt tipped eyeliner will be gone forever.

I'd wear a damn tiara in the shower if I had access to them.
    dougie and holly like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Diana had the Spencer tiara. Kate has to borrow hers. Still, she looks nice. I want to see her in more jewels.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information