Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Banks In Georges Chakra Couture

It looks horrendous on her. Wrong colors for her skin.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

it definitely would've looked better on her in different colors. i love it on the model.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Looks way better on the model.

Not great for her but I think I love it.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Considering she's old enough to be the model's mom, she looks pretty good. But it seems like she needs colors that are a higher contrast with her skin tone....

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Considering she's old enough to be the model's mom, she looks pretty good.
    ah. i didn't know there was an age limit on wearing haute couture.

i love the dress. i think the rose & purple colours flatter her skin tone. she needs to touch up her roots, though.

Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    ah. i didn't know there was an age limit on wearing haute couture.

i love the dress. i think the rose & purple colours flatter her skin tone. she needs to touch up her roots, though.
    Oh, I don't think there's an age limit for wearing haute couture. I was actually trying to say that if we were going to compare how Banks looks in the dress with the model, it might be good to note that one person is 18 and the other person is 36.

Really ugly.

Oh, I don't think there's an age limit for wearing haute couture. I was actually trying to say that if we were going to compare how Banks looks in the dress with the model, it might be good to note that one person is 18 and the other person is 36.
    i never pay attention to age when comparing both pics. to me it's more about seeing how well the dress translates to the red carpet, how it's (or should be) draped, what modifications were made, differences in accessories etc. i don't see why or how age should be factored into that. style or knowing how to dress and wearing what is most flattering is mostly a matter of intuition anyway. think of isabelle huppert, who's older than elizabeth banks. she can make a dress with the most simple cut look fab.

Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    i never pay attention to age when comparing both pics. to me it's more about seeing how well the dress translates to the red carpet, how it's (or should be) draped, what modifications were made, differences in accessories etc. i don't see why or how age should be factored into that. style or knowing how to dress and wearing what is most flattering is mostly a matter of intuition anyway. think of isabelle huppert, who's older than elizabeth banks. she can make a dress with the most simple cut look fab.
    I always have this caveat because the model represents the physical ideal and they are hired specifically to make the clothes look good. Not to mention, the clothes are often designed with a particular size in mind. So, any time a non-model wears the clothing, it's going to represent somewhat of a less ideal fit.

Pretty wretched. I am shocked, 'cause she's a pretty li'l thing. But the dress overpowers her; it's like she's dressed in a Sandra Lee tablescape.

I always have this caveat because the model represents the physical ideal and they are hired specifically to make the clothes look good. Not to mention, the clothes are often designed with a particular size in mind. So, any time a non-model wears the clothing, it's going to represent somewhat of a less ideal fit.
    but don't most actresses have an actual fitting before they wear a dress on the red carpet? if it's not a perfect or good enough fit, the dress is altered. and frankly, i don't think the model looks significantly better in this dress than elizabeth does.

i'm still confused, though. you only mentioned their age difference in your first two posts, you didn't say anything about size. but now your entire explanation is in terms of size differences and no more mention of age.

Looks like haute couture on the model looks like a hot mess on her

Elite Member

It's a case of the dress wearing her instead of the other way around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information