Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Elizabeth Banks In Georges Chakra Couture

  1. #1
    Elite Member Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59,911

  2. #2
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    54,890

    Default

    It looks horrendous on her. Wrong colors for her skin.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  3. #3
    Elite Member stef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    11,756

    Default

    it definitely would've looked better on her in different colors. i love it on the model.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

  4. #4
    Gold Member mb86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Looks way better on the model.

  5. #5
    Elite Member Air Quotes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Not great for her but I think I love it.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

  6. #6
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    30,344

    Default

    Considering she's old enough to be the model's mom, she looks pretty good. But it seems like she needs colors that are a higher contrast with her skin tone....

  7. #7
    Elite Member calcifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Considering she's old enough to be the model's mom, she looks pretty good.
    ah. i didn't know there was an age limit on wearing haute couture.

    i love the dress. i think the rose & purple colours flatter her skin tone. she needs to touch up her roots, though.

  8. #8
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    30,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    ah. i didn't know there was an age limit on wearing haute couture.

    i love the dress. i think the rose & purple colours flatter her skin tone. she needs to touch up her roots, though.
    Oh, I don't think there's an age limit for wearing haute couture. I was actually trying to say that if we were going to compare how Banks looks in the dress with the model, it might be good to note that one person is 18 and the other person is 36.

  9. #9
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,571

    Default

    Really ugly.

  10. #10
    Elite Member calcifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Oh, I don't think there's an age limit for wearing haute couture. I was actually trying to say that if we were going to compare how Banks looks in the dress with the model, it might be good to note that one person is 18 and the other person is 36.
    i never pay attention to age when comparing both pics. to me it's more about seeing how well the dress translates to the red carpet, how it's (or should be) draped, what modifications were made, differences in accessories etc. i don't see why or how age should be factored into that. style or knowing how to dress and wearing what is most flattering is mostly a matter of intuition anyway. think of isabelle huppert, who's older than elizabeth banks. she can make a dress with the most simple cut look fab.

  11. #11
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    30,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    i never pay attention to age when comparing both pics. to me it's more about seeing how well the dress translates to the red carpet, how it's (or should be) draped, what modifications were made, differences in accessories etc. i don't see why or how age should be factored into that. style or knowing how to dress and wearing what is most flattering is mostly a matter of intuition anyway. think of isabelle huppert, who's older than elizabeth banks. she can make a dress with the most simple cut look fab.
    I always have this caveat because the model represents the physical ideal and they are hired specifically to make the clothes look good. Not to mention, the clothes are often designed with a particular size in mind. So, any time a non-model wears the clothing, it's going to represent somewhat of a less ideal fit.

  12. #12
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    24,984

    Default

    Pretty wretched. I am shocked, 'cause she's a pretty li'l thing. But the dress overpowers her; it's like she's dressed in a Sandra Lee tablescape.

  13. #13
    Elite Member calcifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I always have this caveat because the model represents the physical ideal and they are hired specifically to make the clothes look good. Not to mention, the clothes are often designed with a particular size in mind. So, any time a non-model wears the clothing, it's going to represent somewhat of a less ideal fit.
    but don't most actresses have an actual fitting before they wear a dress on the red carpet? if it's not a perfect or good enough fit, the dress is altered. and frankly, i don't think the model looks significantly better in this dress than elizabeth does.

    i'm still confused, though. you only mentioned their age difference in your first two posts, you didn't say anything about size. but now your entire explanation is in terms of size differences and no more mention of age.

  14. #14
    Elite Member SillyME54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    Looks like haute couture on the model looks like a hot mess on her

  15. #15
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,151

    Default

    It's a case of the dress wearing her instead of the other way around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Eva Longoria & Elizabeth Banks-MET Ball
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 5th, 2010, 06:25 AM
  2. Elizabeth Banks - Academy Awards
    By cmmdee in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM
  3. Elizabeth Banks: Women in Film
    By fgg in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 14th, 2008, 11:45 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •