Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: The Scientology thread

I don't want to name her, but this has to be the chick with the curly blonde hair that was featured on the latest season of Leah Remini's show. I was gobsmacked the entire episode, thinking this girl knows way too much about the Miscaviges' private lives, I hope she has round-the-clock security.
    Brookie likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

fgg

Lawsuit against Scientology cult covers US: The church is in crisis

My son was asking about Scientology a few weeks ago. I told him about The Golden Suicides, Shawn Lonsdale and the expose by The Tampa Bay Tribune revealing the horrific abuses of the cult. If you follow those links, you will see that people critical of Scientology used to get harassed to the point where they would “commit suicide.” That was around 10 to 12 years ago, but Scientology’s influence has weakened thanks to exposes and the accounts of former members who have bravely spoken out, including of course Leah Remini. The cult harasses detractors by spying and following them and using defamation and legal tactics. So it’s nice to hear of yet another civil suit against Scientology. They’ve been sued so many times, but this one may get some traction. US Magazine is featuring it on the cover this week along with photos of Leah Remini, Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley. Tom and Kirstie are still deeply brainwashed and defensive of COS so it’s bizarre that US is making it look like they’re all on the same side. An anonymous former member is suing them, claiming they abused her from the age of 6 and made her work as a slave, essentially. This isn’t the first time we’ve heard this about Scientology.

Kidnapping. Abuse. Human trafficking. These are just some of the allegations an anonymous plaintiff is making in a suit filed on June 18 against the Church of Scientology and its current leader, David Miscavige, 59. Jane Doe, who’s believed to be around age 40, is suing the church — which boasts a host of famous members, including Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kelly Preston — for kidnapping, stalking, human trafficking, false imprisonment, libel, slander, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

“The Church of Scientology presents a facade to the outside world to disguise what, in reality, is nothing more than a cult built on mind control,” the lawsuit alleges. The controversial church denies all allegations of abuse. In response to Jane Doe’s suit, the church’s lawyers tell Us, “We are confident the lawsuit will fail. The church will vigorously defend itself against these unfounded allegations.”

The shocking suit has the potential to bring down the controversial religion and its seemingly untouchable leader — and expose the secrets its A-list followers may have been keeping for years. “Tom [Cruise] undoubtedly knows the stories about the church,” a source tells Us of Scientology’s celebrity golden boy. Another insider says that with the actor, 57, employed as Miscavige’s right-hand man and best friend, “there’s very little he doesn’t know. He and David are like brothers united in their religious devotion. If David is ordering this kind of harassment on people trying to leave the church,” adds the insider, “Tom would likely see it.”

Things aren’t looking good for the once-powerful organization. “The church is in crisis,” says Tony Ortega, a blogger who’s critical of Scientology. “Membership is dwindling, and its practices are being exposed in ways we’ve never seen before.” Scientology critic Steve Mango, of Mangotology.org Opens a New Window. , adds, “Scientology has been trying to cover up its crimes and abuse for decades,” he says. “This suit is the beginning of the unraveling of Scientology as we know it.”

[From US Magazine]

That part about Cruise goes too easy on him. The Tampa Bay tribune had quotes from Scientologists who went on the record to say that they witnessed Cruise physically hit people to keep them in line. He’s more than aware of Scientology’s abuses, he participates in them. If you’d like to know more about this lawsuit, Scientology expert Tony Ortega has more along with an analysis of Scientology’s likely response. The good news is that Jane Doe has a team of eight powerful lawyers. Ortega also knows who she is and explains why it’s likely that the cult does too. While I doubt this will take Scientology down, it’s noticeable how much weaker they are and I hope that encourages more members to escape.

OOh and I checked Leah Remini’s twitter and they have a website for this lawsuit and are asking for former Scientologists to speak to them.

https://www.celebitchy.com/626168/la...is_in_crisis_/
    sprynkles and Brookie like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Also there's rumours that Conor is getting married and tiny Tommy has banned Nicole from attending.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-wedding.html
    just followed that link and...um..

"Connor, a former DJ who is now into deep sea fishing,"

fgg, Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Danny Masterson and Church of Scientology Sued Over Sex Assault ‘Cover-Up’

Four women filed suit on Wednesday against the Church of Scientology, alleging they were stalked and intimidated after reporting sexual assault allegations against actor Danny Masterson.
    The women all claim that Masterson raped or sexually assaulted them in the early 2000s. They reported their allegations to the LAPD in late 2016 and early 2017, and the police continue to investigate the case. Masterson has adamantly and repeatedly denied the claims. He was dropped from the Netflix series “The Ranch” in December 2017.
    “This is beyond ridiculous. I’m not going to fight my ex-girlfriend in the media like she’s been baiting me to do for more than two years,” Masterson said in a statement via his attorney. “I will beat her in court—and look forward to it because the public will finally be able learn the truth and see how I’ve been railroaded by this woman. And once her lawsuit is thrown out, I intend to sue her and the others who jumped on the bandwagon for the damage they caused me and my family.”

The lawsuit states that the women were all followed, allegedly by agents of the Church of Scientology, in retaliation for going to the police. Chrissie Bixler, one of the plaintiffs, alleges that she was chased in her car in October 2017 by two people who were filming her. Shortly after, her dog died inexplicably. A necropsy revealed that the dog suffered “traumatic injuries to her trachea and esophagus.”
    She also says that she has been harassed online, and that Scientology agents encouraged people to post fake Craigslist ads in her name soliciting anal sex. She alleges that she has been stalked, run off the road, and targeted for credit card fraud. She installed a home security system, which she alleges was repeatedly hacked and disabled. Bixler’s husband is also a plaintiff in the suit.
    Another plaintiff, Marie Bobette Riales, alleges that she has been followed and photographed — even on vacation — and had her email accounts hacked. The suit states that her 13-year-old’s bedroom window was smashed in the middle of the night. She runs a food truck, and says it has been vandalized, false reviews were posted online, and fake ads offering to sell the truck have been posted online.
    Two other plaintiffs, who are not identified by name in the suit, level similar accusations. One of them says she has rarely left her house in the two years since the police reports were filed.
    The suit alleges that the Church of Scientology has declared the women “fair game” for violating the church’s proscription against involving the police in such an investigation.
    https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/da...up-1203303238/
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

This cult is evil - when are they going to be stopped?
    Brookie, mostroop, emkat and 1 others like this.

They're part of the current "swamp".
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information