Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: The Scientology thread

Really? I thought she looks really bad, very plastic and unnatural, I didn't recognise her at all.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    Really? I thought she looks really bad, very plastic and unnatural, I didn't recognise her at all.
    Have you seen the Scientology show she's on? Her makeup and eyelishes were crazy over the top the first season.
    Daphodil likes this.

No, I haven't, but it's on my list.
    -

fgg

TOM CRUISE THANKED BY DAUGHTER ISABELLA IN BIZARRE SCIENTOLOGY PROMO

We were stunned this morning to receive a copy of an email sent out to Scientologists on March 19 that contained a bizarre “success story” from a parishioner encouraging other Scientologists to do an “internship” to become an auditor at the London org. We did a real double-take when we realized that the Scientologist in the photo was none other than Tom Cruise’s daughter, Isabella.

We’ve been writing about Bella for years, so we recognized her instantly, even though she looks a bit different than the last time she was featured in the tabloids. Her hair is darker, but it’s definitely her, with some tell-tale tattoos on her arms that we remember.

And what a success story! This is one of the longer and more meandering success stories that we’ve seen, but it’s typically spacey as Bella talks about the difficult moments she had getting through auditor training so she’ll be able to quiz other Scientologists using an E-meter.

“I became that annoying girl in the org who would just talk endlessly about how incredible training is and how phenomenal the internship is,” she says at one point. But as challenging as the experience was, she urges her fellow Scientologists to go through the experience as well: “We all need to do this. It’s hard work…but it is worth everything because you will get through.”

And then the best part, she thanks her famous actor father and Tom’s sister, Cass Mapother: “Thank you to my Dad for everything. To Cass. To Tash. I would have drowned in my own problems if you hadn’t been there to sup me or get me through the preliminaries.” We don’t know who “Tash” is, and if you do please let us know.

For years, the tabloids have spilled oceans of ink claiming that Tom Cruise or his daughter had left or were thinking of leaving Scientology. When Isabella married Max Parker in London in September 2015, reporters asked us if Max’s lack of history with the church was a sign that Bella was defecting. Not at all, we said, and pointed out that Max’s best man was from one of the most prominent Scientology families in the UK. And now, Bella herself is extolling the virtues of training to become a Scientology auditor.

Just nine days ago, meanwhile, we found evidence that Tom Cruise attended the latest major Scientology event, the L. Ron Hubbard Birthday Event in Clearwater, Florida, a celebration of the holiest day on the Scientology calendar. And between the two of those two things, there really should be no doubt that the Cruise family is still fully on board.

Here’s the image from the email and then the text of Bella’s message…

WE ALL NEED TO DO THIS.

Wow. What an accomplishment.

I’ve written this success many, many times over in my head. I want to get it just right. But now that it’s time and I’ve forgotten many of my mentally penned notes, here comes the real one.

This journey started with my training, and even that was a bullbait. I knew I needed it but every fibre of my being fought me on it. Said I was the PC, that if I did it I’d get nothing from it and many more delightful little criticisms. I was overwhelmed before I started.

Finally I got through that and what a ride. It was incredible but I was BIs at the end. I had gotten SO much out of it but there was something missing and it really was messing with me. Hard. I couldn’t figure out what it was.

The next thing was internship and lord knows I was not into it. I tried to get into it but it was even worse than the training. I had so many reasons and excuses as to why I didn’t need to do it and how it just wasn’t right for me.

It turned out it was exactly what I needed. I dragged out the testing and correction, just made it through the drilling and then finally began my auditing adventure, and wow, I wasn’t prepared. This IS what I had been searching for. The missing piece. Suddenly everything began to make sense. My metering… Wow. It became clear I actually knew my metering. Even to the point of having any slight doubt on a read. I know it wasn’t a read. Beautiful thing about drilling, of course. The tech that I felt was wavering and on the verge of disappearing from my mind became part of me. I know it. Like really know it to the point that it’s just there man. I never thought I could know something like that.

I became that annoying girl in the org who would just talk endlessly about how incredible training is and how phenomenal the internship is. I’m sure a few people couldn’t deal just like I couldn’t. But I won’t stop with that because now I KNOW.

We all need to do this. It’s hard work. It’s a lot of effort. It’s a few melt downs and running to the bathroom to have a mini episode, but it is worth everything because you will get through. This is a gift to yourself and so many others. It doesn’t matter if you aren’t going to be an auditor or aren’t going to join staff. If you are going to make it as a being for the long run you NEED this. That’s the truth. You won’t stay Clear or OT without it. So stop messing around and get going.

The internship, for me, is what made me a Scientologist. I don’t just believe the tech works now. I know without any doubt that it does.

Thank you to my Dad for everything. To Cass. To Tash. I would have drowned in my own problems if you hadn’t been there to sup me or get me through the preliminaries. And every other single person from the C/S to the Qualifications Sec, who has taken even just a minute of time to help me get through. It took a whole family and org to get me here. So thank you to all for the endless support. And to those who saw me in my moments. Thank you for seeing me to the end. This isn’t just my product but yours as well.

Thank you to COB. This wouldn’t be here without you. I can’t even begin to describe. It would take me a few centuries.

Thank you to LRH, on so many levels. I’d need another few centuries to even find the words.

— Bella

At the end, she thanks “COB” — chairman of the board, Scientology leader David Miscavige — and “LRH,” for Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. No success story would be complete without those two nods.

Former Scientology Sea Org member and technical expert Sunny Pereira says the success story is vague about which particular program Bella has completed: “It doesn’t say anywhere which internship she’s talking about. But based on what she’s describing it’s probably a Class IV Internship, which means she can now audit someone from Objectives through Grade IV on the Bridge to Total Freedom.”

The email was sent out by Scientology London staff member Kate Wakley, who is married to another notable figure at the London org whom we’ve seen in various promotions, Charlie Wakley.

https://tonyortega.org/2019/03/24/is...ad-tom-cruise/

more at the link...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

There have been a number of recent articles saying that Isabella is a top recruiter for them.

Regarding Leah Remini - she does wear a lot of makeup and has even described herself as "a big old drag queen", but I really liked her features when she was young. She kind of reminded me of Asia Argento. This is Remini on "Cheers" I think:

Brookie, panic and Witchywoman like this.

Love her, love what she's doing on that scientology documentary. LOVE.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Thank you to COB. This wouldn’t be here without you. I can’t even begin to describe.

Well, considering that there's been rumours for years that Bella is the result one of Davey's indiscretions, that goes without saying.

Also there's rumours that Conor is getting married and tiny Tommy has banned Nicole from attending.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-wedding.html
    Last edited by Kittylady; March 27th, 2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: ducking auto carrot!
    fgg and Brookie like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Yeah, she's pretty much the spittin' image of Miscavige.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I always read his name as miscarriage. If only...
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I always read his name as miscarriage. If only...
    I think of a dentist putting a filling in the wrong tooth
    Waterslide, Kittylady and SHELLEE like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post

fgg

Elisabeth Moss on being a Scientologist: ‘It’s a complicated thing…’

Elisabeth Moss is currently promoting about five different projects, including The Handmaid’s Tale, Us, and Her Smell. Which is why she sat down for a long-read interview with the Daily Beast. In this interview, Moss talks about a million different things, from feminism to reproductive rights to Mad Men and more. But this interview is getting attention because it’s the most directly Moss has ever spoken about being a Scientologist. Moss was, I believe, born into Scientology. She still considers herself a Scientologist, although I would argue that she’s not in as “deep” as someone like Tom Cruise (obvs). Here are the Scientology parts:

Whether her feminist characters are at odds with her Scientology beliefs: “Listen, it’s a complicated thing because the things that I believe in, I can only speak to my personal experience and my personal beliefs. One of the things I believe in is freedom of speech. I believe we as humans should be able to critique things. I believe in freedom of the press. I believe in people being able to speak their own opinions. I don’t ever want to take that away from anybody, because that actually is very important to me. At the same time, I should hope that people educate themselves for themselves and form their own opinion, as I have. The things that I believe in personally, for me, The Handmaid’s Tale, and the ability to do something that is artistically fulfilling but is also personally fulfilling, I’ve never had that. The Handmaid’s Tale lines up so perfectly parallel with my own beliefs in freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the things that this country was actually built on.

Whether Scientology’s flaws are any better or worse than Catholicism’s flaws: “It’s funny, there’s two things you’re never supposed to talk about at a dinner—politics or religion—and of course I’m doing The Handmaid’s Tale, which is politics and religion, so it’s a strange situation where you’re going to be asked about these topics. I choose to express myself in my work and my art. I don’t choose to express myself about it in interviews. I don’t choose to talk about not just religion, but my personal life—who I’m dating and that kind of thing. So for me, it’s so hard to unpack in a sound bite or an interview, but I will say that the things that I truly believe in are the things that I’ve mentioned, and I think that they’re very important. I think people should be allowed to talk about what they want to talk about and believe what they want to believe and you can’t take that away—and when you start to take that away, when you start to say “you can’t think that,” “you can’t believe that,” “you can’t say that,” then you get into trouble. Then you get into Gilead. So whatever happens, I’m never going to take away your right to talk about something or believe something, and you can’t take away mine.

L. Ron Hubbard’s homophobic writings & CoS’s reported anti-LGBTQ stances: “Which is not where I stand. It’s like, it’s a lot to get into and unpack that I can’t do. But that is not my bag. I am obviously a huge feminist and huge supporter of the LGBTQ community and believe so strongly—I can’t even tell you—in people being able to do what they want to do, to love who they want to love, to be the person that they want to be—whoever that is. To me, it’s a huge reason why I love doing the show. That’s all I can say. I can’t speak to what other people believe, I can’t speak to what other people’s experiences have been. That’s where I stand and the only place I can speak from is my own.

[From The Daily Beast]

Obviously, she’s talking in absolutely inane circles during a big chunk of the interview. As I’ve said before (and I’ll say again many times), I’ve made the choice to look past Moss’s Scientology and just appreciate her as an actress. She’s extremely talented. And while I think she’s “in” deeper than people realize, I also think she does question her fake-ass religion and she obviously wants to be a good ally and advocate for feminism and LGBTQ rights and all. The first answer is basically like “respect that I have a right to believe whatever crazy-ass religion I want,” and she’s right. She does have that fundamental right. And all of us get to choose whether or not her faith is a dealbreaker.

https://www.celebitchy.com/616896/el...licated_thing/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm on my phone and can't post an article but I saw on Twitter that a Scientology cruise ship has been quarantined for a measles outbreak.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Scientology Hell: Ex-Member Sues Church For Kidnapping, Human Trafficking & Stalking

Plus, shocking new claims about Shelly Miscavige’s final moments in public!

June 19, 2019 @ 16:39PM

Church of Scientology and its leader David MiscavigeOpens a New Window.have been sued for false imprisonment, kidnapping, stalking, human trafficking and other shocking allegations in a bombshell lawsuit obtained by RadarOnline.com.
    In court papers obtained from Superior Court of California, the Plaintiff, who is listed as an unnamed Jane Doe, filed the lawsuit on June 18, 2019.
    She is suing the church and its leader for false imprisonment, kidnapping, stalking, libel, slander, constructive invasion of privacy, intentional infliction of emotional distress, failure to pay minimum wage, failure provide days of rest and meal periods, fraudulent inducement of employment, negligent misrepresentation and negligence.
    READ THE SHOCKING LAWSUIT!
    “The Church of Scientology presents a façade to the outside world to disguise what in reality is nothing more than a cult built on mind control and destruction of the independence and self-control of those drawn into its sphere,” the lawsuit alleged.
    She claimed members are subject to “physical, verbal, psychological, emotions and/or sexual abuse and/or assault.”

Anyone who speaks out against Church of Scientology is deemed a “suppressive person” or an “enemy,” the Plaintiff claimed. Members are directed to injure or destroy that person by any means, she claimed.
    The Plaintiff alleged Church of Scientology, whose high-profile members include Tom Cruise and John Travolta, believes all are immortal and reincarnated. Because of this belief, the lawsuit claims, children are treated as though they are adults in the body of a child. Children are often separated from their parents.
    “Even children who are brave enough to come forward are forbidden from contacting law enforcement, nor are they treated as victims at all,” the Plaintiff alleged of instances of child abuse. “Instead, they are led to believe that they have done something wrong and must have done something to incite such abuse.”
    Children have been forced to apologize to their abuser for the children’s “role in their sexual abuse,” the Plaintiff claimed.
    Phones in Church of Scientology facilities are even incapable of dialing 911, she alleged.

“During auditing sessions, children have been asked to relate great details any sexual experiences they may have had, including explicit details of masturbation,” the papers claim.
    The lawsuit then claimed how Church of Scientology engages in forced labor of adults and children, as men, women and children are allegedly forced to work 100 hour weeks for below minimum wage.
    “Church of Scientology has removed children as young as 9 years old from their homes, asked to sign employment contracts and put them to work,” the lawsuit read. “Pregnant women have been coerced into terminating their pregnancies to allow them to work longer and harder hours, as pregnancy is viewed as a hindrance.”
    The conditions have forced members to flee, even hiding in trunks or drinking bleachOpens a New Window., the lawsuit claimed.
    The Plaintiff was born into Scientology to Scientologist parents. From ages 6 to 12, she lived at the Spiritual Headquarters in Clearwater, Florida.

She was a member of Cadet Org, which is for children of the most dedicated members. She was subject to “military-like conditions,” where she would work and clean from 8am to midnight, she alleges.
    At 10 years old, she claimed she was subject to bullbaiting, where members, including children, are “trained not to react to harassment, verbal assault, threats and/or sexually explicit and inappropriate comments.”
    Adults would allegedly say vulgar and sexually explicit things and punish the children if they showed visible reaction.
    She claimed adults screamed in her face, “I am going to f**k you and then your mother” and “You are going to suck my d**k.”
    She was forced to work from when she was 15 years old until she escaped with not a single day off, she claimed. She alleged that she did not receive breaks or legally mandated meals until late at night. The work was “laborious and back-breaking.”

At 15, she became a member of Sea Org and moved to Church of Scientology headquarters in California. She was there for 12-13 years. Members were allegedly forced to sign a billion-year contract dedicating their lives to Church of Scientology. Children were allegedly paid $15 a week, while adults were paid $46.
    She claimed she worked closely with Miscavige, seeing him 7 days a week.

“In late Summer 2005, Miscavige became increasingly hostile and verbally abusiveOpens a New Window. towards his wife, Shelly Miscavige,” the papers read. “Eventually, David Miscavige had Shelly removed from the main office as his secretary/assistant in the Gold Base. Jane Doe, because of her connection to Shelly Miscavige, at the age of 26, was punished by being removed from her position as steward and forced into the ‘Hole.’”
    The ‘Hole’ is solitary confinement before allegedly being forced to do physical and manual labor. Hole individuals were allegedly completely cut off from the outside world.

“In late Summer 2005, Miscavige became increasingly hostile and verbally abusiveOpens a New Window. towards his wife, Shelly Miscavige,” the papers read. “Eventually, David Miscavige had Shelly removed from the main office as his secretary/assistant in the Gold Base. Jane Doe, because of her connection to Shelly Miscavige, at the age of 26, was punished by being removed from her position as steward and forced into the ‘Hole.’”
    The ‘Hole’ is solitary confinement before allegedly being forced to do physical and manual labor. Hole individuals were allegedly completely cut off from the outside world.

“Approximately, six months after being placed in the ‘Hole,’ while performing hard labor, Jane Doe witnessed a dark-colored tinted vehicle pull up to the main building,” she claimed. “Thereafter, unidentified men dragged Shelly Miscavige, who was crying and visibly distraught, out of the building and put her in the carOpens a New Window.. Shelly Miscavige has never been seen or heard from againOpens a New Window..”
    The church has repeatedly denied any claims regarding Shelly.
    The Plaintiff claimed to have suffered mentally and contemplated suicide.
    In an effort to escape, she hid in the trunk of a non-Scientologist to leave Gold Base. She returned in fear of losing connection with her family.
    She claimed she was then treated like a prisoner, as she had a ‘handler’ accompanying her to the bathroom.
    In 2017, she left Scientology and began working for former member Leah ReminiOpens a New Window., who, as Radar readers know, has spoken out against the churchOpens a New Window.. The Plaintiff was deemed a suppressive person.

Jane Doe was featured in an episode of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.
    The Plaintiff accused members of stalking her following her escape and work with Remini.
    “Beginning in 2017 through June of 2018, Defendants and their agents have followed Jane Doe while she was driving,” she said.
    The Plaintiff is seeking a jury trial and damages.
    The Hollywood ReporterOpens a New Window. was the first to report on the story.
    A law firm representing Scientology told Radar in a statement: “We are confident the lawsuit will fail. The Church will vigorously defend itself against these unfounded allegations.”
    https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...king-stalking/
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I hope she wins....but COS has a lot of money and lawyers.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information