Thread: Meet the new generation of schoolgirl exorcists

• April 21, 2012

Teenage exorcists in Phoenix fight demons and paganism

Blake Ford Hall
    Phoenix Paganism Examiner

Meet the Teenage Exorcists
    Photo credit: From the Bob Larson blog

Video: How the Teens Got Involved in Exorcism

This is not a new tale to tell, but an old one with a different and new face.
    The Rev. Bob Larson is well known in Phoenix, Arizona. He is the author of such books as arson’s Book of Spiritual Warfare, Larson’s Book of World Religions, and his most recent book Demon Proofing Prayers. Within their secular circles, Larson's books are considered profound or even landmark works on the subject of spiritual oppression, and also demonic possession. He has had a church in Phoenix, Arizona for sometime, and there are branches throughout the United States and Canada now, the local church is located at 22510 N. 18th Drive in Phoenix, as shown on the map to the left.
    According to the Center for Spiritual Freedom website, " Bob Larson encourages people to get away from the quick-fix mentality of prayer and deliverance and recognize that the whole person must be healed. Focusing on emotional, environmental, relational, physical, and spiritual issues, Bob Larson provides a model for freedom that takes into consideration the unique challenges of the suffering person. "
    Larson actively works with individuals to help create solutions for their spiritual needs, or makes an environment that is tailor made for the assistance of the person. Larson has been at work for his causes for over 3 decades.
    Larson claims that," He has worked personally with thousands of troubled souls, and brings a lifetime of experience confronting the most serious of cases others wouldn’t touch."

Reverend Bob Larson also claims to have exorcised more than 15,000 demons around the world in his career. Now the Arizona pastor has been actively training teenagers, particularly teenage girls, to become a new generation of exorcists. Larson trains his teenage girls to conduct exorcisms, invoke the holy spirit, fight evil, and has been sending them out globally to cast out demons in the world.
    The first graduating class of cross-wielding teens for their generation are Brynne Larson, daughter of Reverend Bob, sisters Savannah Sherkenback and Tess Sherkenback, and Christina Massih and Melanie Massih.
    The teenage exorcists first came to public attention on August 11, 2011, in an article by The Daily Mail entitled, ‘We’re not like normal teenagers: Meet the exorcist schoolgirls who spend their time casting out DEMONS around the world.' At first the reader would probably not think to take the article seriously, but then you realize that these folks are very serious about themselves or who they portray themselves to be.
    On his personal and church blog, Larson is up to the usual tactics including asking or requesting money from the masses, preaching against paganism, telling the public about the spread of Satanism, looking for support for his war on the demonic, promoting his exorcism ministry, and now there is even a demon test you can take online. Of course the online demon test does require PayPal payment, so if you do not have an account, it seems you cannot be saved. Not to mock, but it is a terrible example of website exploitation at its worst.
    This author has seen the Rev. Larson preach several times here locally. Even though his shows are generally highly charged and full of fiery tales of Hell for the sinners of the world, even so, this was new territory for him. Maybe it even surprised me, but it does not surprise that a charlatan like Bob Larson was involved. Not only that, but that one of the girls would his daughter.
    By the way, this school for teen age exorcism is not the first incarnation for the Rev. Bob Larson. His previous ministry was focused on fighting the roots and evils of rock music, and things like the Gothic culture, heavy metal, and all Satanic influences on the young people of America. Apparently, there is more money in the modern exorcism market.

Well not much later, the Rev. Larson and his teenage exorcists were making the television circuit, which is his best medium. In February the troupe appeared on both TV's Inside Edition and on the Anderson Cooper show. You can watch the program clips on the links provided in the last sentence, if you would like.
    Brynne Larson explains that her first exorcism was at age 13, "I got up on stage in front of 3,000 people and cast a demon out in Africa."
    Tess reveals that she first performed an exorcism for her friend who was possessed and explains that one of the signs of demonic possession is dilated eyes. She says, "You can see evil."
    The Anderson Cooper show was one of the most hostile that Larson has ever dealt with.
    In fact on his personal blog, the Rev. Larson made this comment about the appearance, " I’m not surprised that Anderson Cooper acted the way he did. He also failed to mention that five years ago he sent his top reporter Tom Foreman to shadow me for an entire day and found nothing negative to say about that instance of investigative journalism. I expected Cooper to be adversarial because of his obvious disdain for hard-core Christianity. But the saddest scene was the Assemblies of God missionary and the Baptist preacher who allowed themselves to be manipulated by Cooper to attack other Christians. Matthew 18:15 is clear that if you have anything against a brother, you don’t become the pawn of an unbelieving TV host to broadcast your differences on national TV. As the character in the old comic-strip Pogo once said, “We have met the enemy, and he is us!’ "
    It is up to the reader to decide what they think, but it seems that the Pogo reference is a bit odd. What is not as weird is that Larson even then, seemed to be bucking for his own chance to put the girls on a reality show. Well the truth has come to light.
    Since the beginning of April, Bob Larson and the girls have been on local Phoenix, Arizona news programs. In several news casts he announced that they would be shooting the pilot for what they hoped would become a national reality show. The local shoots will be held on August 15-17.
    To his credit, Larson is offering free exorcisms for a brief time period. The website promotes this further information, " Because the television crew will be there, Bob is making this time available without a suggested donation towards our overseas mission work. YOUR EXORCISM WILL NOT APPEAR ON TELEVISION. It will only be seen by television executives. This is your chance to have Pastor Bob and his team of trained exorcists work with you. Please call 303-980-1511 or email bob@boblarson.org."
    The Rev. Larson and his girls have done it, they have locked onto a chance for the television spotlight. They did not manage to get an American based gig, but rather one through the Canadian indie producer Cineflix.
    Cineflix is developing the series All-American Girls Fighting Satan, about five teen girl exorcists training to cast out demons. It will be about their lives as teenagers, exorcists, being taught by the Rev. Larson, and about the Spiritual Freedom Churches. They will show how they save troubled souls from demonic influences, fight Satan while peers are out partying, find time to attend local beauty pageants, enjoy playing sports, take karate classes, and even go out horseback riding together.
    “The girls and the Reverend Bob believe they are on a God-given mission to save the souls of the possessed,” Cineflix said in a statement. The series is being developed by Joe Houlihan and Simon Lloyd.
    Leave it to the Bob Larson to put this one together. It does not speak for the whole or Christianity, nor the Catholic church, what is being done by Larson and his teen age exorcists.
    We've gone so far, humanity as a whole has learned so much about our own mind, body, and the deeper spiritual nature of being human beings, and now this? Exorcism, a Catholic art is not meant to be what is portrayed here, which is mostly scenes of holding down people with mental problems and screaming at then is starting to taint the minds of teens? This is a nightmare.
    If the show ends up being anything like what is shown on the Larson videos, websites of the Anderson Cooper interview, a few things are obvious.
    This is my opinion as an author. To Anderson Cooper, you are better than this, it really makes all of America look bad. Everyone understand that you need to get a steady stream of viewers, so everyone who works on your show can have a job, but giving a forum to folks like this is not setting the right example for society.
    As far as what Rev. Bob Larson and the teenage exorcists are doing with TV of late. Everything they said is obviously staged. They are acting like.. well, like they are acting. Also it is not uncommon for anyone get pupil dilation or headaches sometimes, for that matter. It is called cluster headaches, or it could be because someone is using a controlled substance, or is on medication. It does not have to be a case demonic possession, and it probably is not. These girls and their father do not use the judgement that should be with performing anything like exorcism. Some might say that they should be put in jail for their actions, but this is 2012 and the age of mass stupidity.
    For those from a Biblical point of view, this is the other side of the coin.
    Acts 19: 13-15 says, " Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, 'In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.' Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?' "
    To these teenage girls a thought. Those without the proper authority from God, then you are only doing lip service and pretending to have the same abilities that the Master has given his apostles. It would be wise to be sure that your power is coming from where you believe it is, and be sure that your judgements are sound. It is not a safe bet to assume, nor to play games with people and their spiritual or mental health.

It is sad, how the strong still manipulate the week in society.

Finally, it is also sad how in 2012 we still believe in these fairy tales.

Source: Teenage exorcists in Phoenix fight demons and paganism - Phoenix paganism | Examiner.com
    I gotta say, I agree with this article.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    I gotta say, I agree with this article.
    Me too! Especially this part:

To these teenage girls a thought. Those without the proper authority from God, then you are only doing lip service and pretending to have the same abilities that the Master has given his apostles. It would be wise to be sure that your power is coming from where you believe it is, and be sure that your judgements are sound. It is not a safe bet to assume, nor to play games with people and their spiritual or mental health.

by jacksc on April 5, 2012 at 8:18 pm
    As a Catholic boy myself, there’s no way the Pope is giving his Satan-smiting secrets to some pathetic Reverend and his deluded daughter. The Pope and his other 100 really old bros-in-dresses are worth more than a half billion. Pretty sure the Pope wouldn’t even allow these wannabes to squeegee the pope-mobile.

Source: » This Trio Of Teenage Exorcists Can Suck My Dick Barstool Sports: New York City

That link might be offensive to some, I apologize, but I agree with this comment as well. Exorcism is serious business. No way in the World these kids know what theyre doing. Well, besides robbing people.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Would you mind if I asked you to expand upon both parts of that?
    Back in 78/79ish my great uncle ronald was killed. He was shot in a bar. At the time of his death one of my uncles (Ronald's nephew) was having a secret affair with his wife. that uncle - Larry felt tremendous guilt for this. He said that Ronald appeared to him one day in the woods while he was hunting (gun in hand for Larry) and said "Hey, Larry. How about you put that gun in your mouth, pull the trigger and see what it's like to die.". This shit ate Larry up. Larry's wife said that one night Larry had been out drinking and when the car pulled up, she went outside to make sure he was ok... she said that Larry got out of the passenger side and that the driver's side door opened and a fireball shot out. There were incidences of Larry jumping up about 6 foot high onto a tree limb in front of people. One night Larry was cursing God in front of some family members. One family member was so disturbed by that, she went into another room and prayed for him to herself. He came into the room and told her (even though she never said anything out loud) "Don't you ever pray for me, you bitch." This family member was SO disturbed by this that she did go speak with a Catholic priest about demonic possession. She asked him if it was possible for "the devil to possess a person". The priest told her that it is possible.. IF a person feels an incredible amount of guilt over something.

Now, I cannot verify all of this first-hand but I can tell you that pretty much everyone in my family believed that Larry was possessed by the devil during that time. I don't know what happened that this demon/devil was exorcised but I believe there was something evil going on with him.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^ Wow. Im sorry to hear that about your uncles.

Ive heard tales as well. My mother told me of one involving a family member when she was a child and also, back when I was still in church, the pastor told me that he had had an experience before too. As I said, the stuff Ive heard and even what youve described, this stuff is unfit for TV and truthfully I doubt these kids have interfaced with the real deal. That stuff is beyond scary just hearing about it. To see it, I think they wouldve thrown down the crosses and ran in fear.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    One night Larry was cursing God in front of some family members. One family member was so disturbed by that, she went into another room and prayed for him to herself. He came into the room and told her (even though she never said anything out loud) "Don't you ever pray for me, you bitch."

Uh...yeah, that was totally a demonic manifestation.

What is demon manifestation??? - Yahoo! Answers

Ya'll want to read an awesome book that explains demons and how it works, read this:

I read it when it came out in the late 80's and literally started reading at like 8:00 p.m. and couldn't put it down all night. I finished it at 4:30 a.m.

Then I slept with the lights on for the next week!

Christian fiction is almost as funny as Christian rock.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

For some reason, don't ask me why, but christian rock pisses me off.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

probably because it's so fucking lame

Beeyotch likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

All I see is a red x.
    It's definitely lame, but I have an irrational hatred for it.

Every place I go they say the show is in the works but yet I cant find anything on it. Just a bunch of appearances everywhere and the same recycled interviews.

I seriously cant believe TLC hasnt licensed this. Theyll probably snatch it up if it does well, just like those gypsy wedding shows.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    All I see is a red x.
    It's definitely lame, but I have an irrational hatred for it.

It was just a pic of christian hair metal band Stryper. Jesus loves spandex.

Im not sure Ive heard Christian Rock, but is there a subdivision called Christian Pop? Im sure Ive heard alot of that.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It was just a pic of christian hair metal band Stryper. Jesus loves spandex.
    Oh God I'd forgotten about THEM.

God’s Angels
    Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reporter: Michael Usher
    Producer: Phil Goyen

Get ready to meet some real teenaged hell-raisers. Brynne, Savannah and Tess are trainee exorcists; all-American school girls who slay demons in their spare time.
    Armed with just a bible, holy water and a handbag-sized cross, they fearlessly take on the forces of darkness wherever they may lurk. And, nowadays, that seems to be everywhere.
    The Catholic Church is performing more exorcisms than ever before, while the girls can scarcely keep up with demand.
    And we’ll give them this much. They do put on one devil of a show.

Full transcript:

MICHAEL USHER: Just down the road from Hollywood, California, I’m witnessing scenes that are quite incredible. Tonight, we are inside the usually hidden and secret world of exorcisms. It’s raw, confronting and at times, downright weird. Meet Brynne, Tess and Savannah – they are teenage exorcists.
    BRYNNE: What we’re trying to do is bring exorcism out of this dark corner that people have stuffed it into. We’re trying to show people what it really is, what exorcism is and if they can get help for things that are tormenting them – that’s our goal.
    MICHAEL USHER: You get quite forceful with that bible and cross.
    SAVANNAH: Oh yeah…
    MICHAEL USHER: They look more like 'X-Factor' contestants than exorcists. But armed with their crosses and their bibles, they take on the devil – under the guidance of Brynne’s father, Bob Larson, a preacher and exorcist who claims to have performed more than 15,000 of these and can’t keep up with demand.
    BOB: There has been an exponential rise in the interest of getting exorcisms and the cases coming to me. It’s absolutely astounding. Ah, there’s definitely job security in being an exorcist.
    MICHAEL USHER: Are more people possessed than ever before?
    BOB: I do believe more people are possessed today.
    MICHAEL USHER: And if you believe Bob, there are demons in this room tonight. And as he settles into his ‘Do what Jesus Did’ seminar, more than a few in the congregation become restless.
    BOB: By the power of this cross you are defeated! Do you understand me, Satan? Defeated!
    MICHAEL USHER Bob Larson scans the room – he’s searching for what, he says, is the devil in people’s eyes. To my surprise, it was sitting right beside me.
    BOB: Resist you with the blood of Christ. No! I take the sword of the spirit and I’m going to pierce you with it. You got that? I’m going to pierce you with it.
    MICHAEL USHER: How would you answer the criticism that you’re just a showman and this is one hell of a show?
    BOB: It is dramatic but I’m not faking dramatics. It’s just dramatic. I mean, it’s pretty sensational when you have somebody you’re hanging onto, they’re flailing about, they’re screaming curses and then a split-second later, they come to themselves and they are a very nice, ordinary person. Now that’s pretty sensational but I don’t try and make it sensational. In fact I don’t have to, it just is.
    MICHAEL USHER: Over some time, Bob and his apprentices extract Cynthia’s demons, which turn out to be awful truths – a rotten childhood, a teen pregnancy, a family history of abuse. Do you believe you have the devil inside you?
    CYNTHIA: Not the devil in itself but demons, yes.
    MICHAEL USHER: Do you believe that demon has gone now?
    CYNTHIA: Oh yeah. I feel lifted. I feel like a big relief.
    MICHAEL USHER: Savannah, when you’re looking directly into someone’s eyes and you can see the demon, what’s that experience for you?
    SAVANNAH: It’s incredible. There’s nothing like staring down a demon because what’s when it really becomes real.
    MICHAEL USHER: They may be the Charlie's Angels of Exorcists, but Brynne, Tess and Savannah are just as comfortable talking make-up and music as they are the manifest evil of the devil.
    SAVANNAH: We break every stereotype there is for an exorcists. We’re young teenage girls – it’s doesn’t get more radical than that.
    MICHAEL USHER: When you let potential dates know you are exorcists, what’s the reaction?
    BRYNNE: Surprise would be the best way to put it. But when you talk about it, like, explain it, they kind of go, “oh, that’s neat, that’s kind of cool.”
    MICHAEL USHER: But does it scare some off?
    SAVANNAH: Um, yes.
    MICHAEL USHER: Not many dads can say their daughter’s an exorcist. Nor many daughters can say their dad’s an exorcist.
    BOB: I actually don’t know that there’s anybody else on the planet who can say what I say and what my daughter says but I wish there were a million more. I mean, I’m not happy that I’m the only one, I wish there were more. In fact, that’s my whole point.
    MICHAEL USHER: So you’d like to franchise exorcism?
    BOB: 'Franchise', of course, is a harsh commercial term. Do I want to duplicate it? Absolutely.
    MICHAEL USHER: Where Bob Larson is the extrovert exorcist, Catholic priest, Father Gary Thomas, fights evil quietly, discreetly. His services at this Northern California diocese are deeply traditional and he is one of the church’s few, officially sanctioned exorcists.
    GARY: My role as an exorcist is not simply to say, "oh yes, you have a demonic attachment." My role is to get to the root cause of their affliction.
    MICHAEL USHER: Father Thomas has been an exorcist for six years, was taught by the Vatican, even had his training turned into a film – 'The Rite.' In real life, he has performed 80 exorcisms on eight people. But under strict Catholic protocol, they all happen in private – stark contrast to Bob Larson’s very public purging. Do you think that he’s a genuine exorcist performing real exorcisms?
    GARY: When people of other denominations are performing exorcisms, they are more likely to be really experiences or rituals of deliverance. They’re very dangerous. They can do more harm than good, so you really need to know what you’re doing.
    MICHAEL USHER: Because some of these people could be suffering genuine mental health problems.
    GARY: The vast majority of people who see me have mental health problems.
    MICHAEL USHER: So if somebody walked through the door now and said, "I have demons. I have something badly wrong with me, I need an exorcism", there’s no way you’d exorcise them on the spot?
    GARY: No way, absolutely not.
    MARIE: I hate the devil. He messed me all up, he destroyed me. He turned me into a piece of sh*t, I hate him.
    MICHAEL USHER: In Marie Moore’s tormented mind – she was convinced that she was possessed. What she needed was a psychiatrist, not an exorcist. In 2009, Marie walked into a Florida shooting range and shot her 20-year old son Mitchell before killing herself. She left behind recordings, saying the devil made her do it.
    MARIE: When I look back how sh*tty I was thinking and all the negative and how the devil got to me, he destroyed me. He made me destroy all of us.
    BOB: She’s obviously severely mentally ill. Now I think the demons took advantage of that and planted these horrible thoughts in her mind. And I want to make it clear the demons didn’t pull the trigger, she did. Demon possession is never an excuse for moral accountability.
    MICHAEL USHER Bob insists that everyone attending his seminars must provide their mental health history – information he and his teen exorcists apparently analyse.
    SAVANNAH: Part of our job and part of our education at this point is learning where that fine line is – what is the difference between someone who suffers from Schizophrenia or Bipolar disorder. It’s very different though when you know what to look for, you can tell when it’s a demon.
    DAN: These exorcists are really practicing medicine without a license. They are perhaps keeping people from getting real help when they really need serious help.
    MICHAEL USHER: Dan Barker is an atheist, but he wasn't always. For 19 years he was a preacher – he himself performed deliverance. Looking back on that time now, what do you think about what you were doing?
    DAN: Well, I’m embarrassed – it’s silly to think that we could treat mental problems with demonology.

MICHAEL USHER: We showed Dan some of the footage from Bob Larson’s seminar.
    DAN: You know, it would be comical if it wasn’t dangerous. This woman looks like she’s a somewhat mentally healthy woman but she’s play-acting and going along with it. We’re watching a drama. A drama that was not just acted out by the main actors – those phoney practitioners of medicine who think they understand mental health – but also participating in the drama were the people in the audience. And people got what they came to see and they were not disappointed.
    MICHAEL USHER: Is this exorcism or is it evangelical therapy?
    BOB: That’s very good and I don't think anyone has ever quite put it that way before. It’s not clinical therapy and I’m not a licensed clinician and I’m not trying to practice as such. But often a good therapist is in addition to their education and professional standing, a good, kind friend and listen who hears the pain of the people and that what I try to do.
    MICHAEL USHER: Is she possessed right now?
    BOB: Yeah. Right now, this is her talking but you can tell when the spirit starts to take over.
    MICHAEL USHER: Janette is in the throws of her exorcism – to the point of becoming physically ill. I don’t understand the psychology of what’s happening here, but Janette is certainly deeply affected.
    JANETTE: When I was throwing up, I felt like things came off me, you know? Like I felt like a more-free person.
    MICHAEL USHER: Sounds creepy.
    JANETTE: It is, but it’s real.
    MICHAEL USHER: You believe that.
    JANETTE: Yes. It’s real.
    MICHAEL USHER: Bob and his girls may be unconventional – and their work potentially damaging – but they’re thoroughly convinced that they’re helping win God’s war with the devil.
    JANETTE: There’s no doubt in my mind that it’s a spiritual battle and it’s the power of God working through us.
    BOB: I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing but you see the establishment church in America doesn’t want to hear it. They wish I would be quiet and go away.
    MICHAEL USHER: Will you be quiet and go away?
    Bob: Absolutely not. I’m not going anywhere except to heaven someday.

Source: God
    Video at the link.

Im a bit late on this but I see they were on Sixty Minutes recently. I didnt even know that show was still on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information