Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jews are 'apes' and Christians 'pigs' in books taught by British Islamic school

Thumbs down Jews are 'apes' and Christians 'pigs' in books taught by British Islamic school

The principal of an Islamic school has admitted that it uses textbooks which describe Jews as "apes" and Christians as "pigs" and has refused to withdraw them.

Dr Sumaya Alyusuf confirmed that the offending books exist after former teacher Colin Cook, 57, alleged that children as young as five are taught from racist materials at the King Fahd Academy in Acton.

In an interview on BBC2's Newsnight, Dr Alyusuf was asked by Jeremy Paxman whether she recognised the books.

She said: "Yes, I do recognise these books, of course. We have these books in our school. These books have good chapters that can be used by the teachers. It depends on the objectives the teacher wants to achieve."

In another exchange, Dr Alyusuf insisted the books should not be scrapped, saying that allegedly racist sections had been "misinterpreted".

The school is owned, funded and run by the government of Saudi Arabia. Mr Paxman asked: "Will you now remove this nonsense from the Saudi Ministry of Education from your school?"

Dr Alyusuf replied: "Just to reiterate what I said earlier, there are chapters from these books that are used and that will serve our objectives. But we don't teach hatred towards Judaism or Christianity - on the contrary."

During the programme Louise Ellman, MP for Liverpool Riverside and chairman of the Jewish Labour Movement, accused the school of inciting racial hatred and hit out at Ofsted inspectors for failing to discover the textbooks. She said: "This whole situation is unacceptable. It is incitement. It is part of a deliberate Saudi initiative to install Wahabbism extremism among Muslims and in the rest of society. If Ofsted has not drawn attention to this, that is a failing of Ofsted.

"It is unacceptable and we should look to see if this is happening in other schools as well. This is about teaching children. I think the school should take immediate action and so should the regulatory authorities."

In his employment tribunal claim Mr Cook, who taught English at the school for 19 years, has accused it of poisoning pupils' minds with a curriculum of hate. Arabic translators have found that the books also describe Jews as "repugnant".

Dr Alyusuf initially claimed that the books were "not taught currently", saying: "We teach a different curriculum. We teach an international curriculum."

Asked by Mr Paxman, "Would you discipline any teacher who has used these teaching materials?", she replied: "Of course I would."

The principal, who has been in the post just under six months, also claimed: "I monitor what is taught in the classrooms. I have developed the curriculum myself."

Asked by Mr Paxman whether she agreed with the suggestion in teaching materials that non-believers in Islam are condemned to "hellfire", she said: "We don't teach that. We teach Islam and it is important for our students to assert their identity."

Mr Cook, of Feltham, was earning £35,000 a year and is seeking £100,000 in compensation. In legal papers submitted to a Watford employment tribunal, he alleged that pupils as young as five are taught that religions including Christianity and Judaism are "worthless". He also alleges that when he questioned whether the curriculum complied with British laws, he was told: "This is not England. It is Saudi Arabia".

Pupils have allegedly been heard saying they want to "kill Americans", praising 9/11 and idolising Osama bin Laden as their "hero".

Mr Cook claims he was dismissed last December after blowing the whistle on the school for covering up cheating by children in GCSE exams.

He is bringing a tribunal claim for unfair dismissal, race discrimination and victimisation. The school is vigorously defending his claims.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23384657-details/We+do+use+books+that+call+Jews+'apes'+admits+head+ of+Islamic+school/article.do
    Remove them. Now.

Deport their asses back to Saudi Arabia.

Britain needs to stop this garbage immediately. They need hate-language laws right now. This bleeding heart crap is not working.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I totally believe this, and it is unacceptable. It's like a little mini-terrorist training school.

And how they blow off and blow up anyone telling them that all of it either radical or fundies, still want to kill everybody. Nah, we are good. Yeah, right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's important to remember that much of the rest of the world believes that we (Americans) teach our children the very same things.

Not arguing or saying you're inaccurate about this, it's just the way they see us - the same way we see them. They perceive us - and often rightfully so IMO - as imperialists, as expansionists, as occupiers, as racists, as elitists, as heathens, as a superpower who don't follow the teachings of Christianity or Judaism. <Which we really aren't since we've already become beholden to the Chinese and other countries, but that's another subject.

It's also important to remember that the school in question is funded by Saudis, a country which was founded upon the precepts of Wahhabism which is an interpretation of the Quran and not true Islam.

It's still instilling very dangerous and racist ideas in its students' heads. I don't know of ANY school in the United States that could get by with this type of curriculum- including private schools.

It's important to remember that much of the rest of the world believes that we (Americans) teach our children the very same things.
    We don't. So their assumption is ignorant and incorrect. Any current-day school in the US that was teaching children to hate people of other races and religions and encouraging them to refer to members of another race with derogatory names would be shut down in a heartbeat.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Your points are really well-taken. And you're right we don't - not directly. We teach it indirectly by our complicity with all kinds of things in our society that contribute to fear and fuel the fires of bigotry, all of which creates the desperate need for diversity training in every single school and place of worship.

What about the fabrications that Muhammed was a rapist and murderer (which he definitely was not). What about "ragheads" ? What about all the other racial epithets that get tossed around about foreigners in our country?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

It's still instilling very dangerous and racist ideas in its students' heads. I don't know of ANY school in the United States that could get by with this type of curriculum- including private schools.
    There is a very silly pc tendency to avoid any criticism of brown people, especially ones who speak a foreign language because no matter how valid the critique there will always be some that cry 'racism' in repsonse. That is a tactic, but one that works on people who have lost their balls.

The principal of an Islamic school has admitted that it uses textbooks which describe Jews as "apes" and Christians as "pigs" and has refused to withdraw them.
    Of course. Don't all the Muslim countries seem to be just lightyears ahead of every other civilization out there?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Of course. Don't all the Muslim countries seem to be just lightyears ahead of every other civilization out there?

Many religious groups and individuals are not exempt from this assessment either.

Yes, but we're not looking at them in this article. Simply saying "Well this other group is doing it too" is a deflection, not dealing with the issue at hand.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well, in this instance I don't give a flying fuck about being PC. Deport their asses!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Many religious groups and individuals are not exempt from this assessment either.
    No, but that really isn't the point. Countires that are predominately Muslim lag behind the rest of the civilized world in nearly every way and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    It's also important to remember that the school in question is funded by Saudis, a country which was founded upon the precepts of Wahhabism which is an interpretation of the Quran and not true Islam.
    there is no such thing as a 'true' religion, not in islam, not in christianity, not in judaism. they are all interpretations and everyone is convinced that their particular brand of religion is the 'true' one. the only difference is that some interpretations are less dangerous than others.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

No, but that really isn't the point. Countires that are predominately Muslim lag behind the rest of the civilized world in nearly every way and you know it.
    But do you think that they're lagging behind mainly because they're predominantely muslim ? Not because of corrupt governments or long-term effects of colonization-which a lot of these countries have been exposed to- but because they're mainly muslim?

^^^
    the invasion of the secular state by islam doesn't help though. look at iran under the shah - women had better access to education, didn't have to wear the veil if they didn't want to, government infrastructure was more advanced... and i think if turkey is comparatively much better off than the rest of the muslim world it's in large part due to mustafa kemal atatürk's huge reform process and secularisation of the country.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'd say it's half and half.. the islamic world used to lead in science, philosophy, architecture, etc.. they reached a zenith somewhere in the 11-13century, and then kind of.. froze. They stopped developing.

Their culture froze, their technology froze, science, you name it. Then along come these european powers that have been developing since the time of swords and chain mail and basically sweep them aside in their own lands.

Since then its been a clash of modernism in science/technology vs. a culture that has frozen in the 12th century, with all the inherent friction due to such a mismatching.

The fact that these cultures have become so intermeshed with their versions of a faith plays even further havoc with development because one does not step outside of the cultural/religious restrictions that have basically become one way of living.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information