• 4 Post By OrangeSlice
  • 1 Post By Novice
  • 1 Post By dolem
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 5 Post By dolem
  • 2 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 13 Post By Kittylady
  • 6 Post By MsDark

Thread: Obese Pastor Tells Congregants They Need to Lose Weight, Look Like Melania

Default Obese Pastor Tells Congregants They Need to Lose Weight, Look Like Melania

Pastor tells women to look pretty or husbands will stray in sermon to Missouri church

BY CHACOUR KOOP

MARCH 04, 2021 02:59 PM

Stewart-Allen Clark, a pastor at First General Baptist church in Malden, Missouri, is on leave after a sexist sermon about marriage and women’s appearances. Screengrab from Friendly Atheist on YouTube.

A Missouri pastor is on leave after delivering a sermon telling women to lose weight and submit to the sexual desires of their husbands to keep them from straying.
    Pastor Stewart-Allen Clark took a leave of absence Tuesday from First General Baptist in Malden after widespread criticism of his sexist sermon in late February. Besides weight loss and sex, Clark told wives to wear makeup, dress nicely, choose appropriate hairstyles and appear less “butch.”
    Although the church in southeastern Missouri deleted videos from its website, a recording of the sermon appears on Facebook.

“Now look, I’m not saying every woman can be the epic — the epic – trophy wife of all time like Melania Trump. I’m not saying that at all. Most women can’t be trophy wives, but you know ... maybe you’re a participation trophy,” Clark said as a photo of the former first lady appeared on screen. “I don’t know, but all I can say is not everybody looks like that. Amen! Not everybody looks like that. But you don’t need to look like a butch either.”

First General Baptist is a church in the General Baptist denomination, which released a statement Monday saying Clark’s sermon was “not consistent with the positions and values” of the organization.
    “General Baptists believe that every woman was created in the image of God, and they should be valued for that reason,” General Baptist Ministries posted on Facebook. “Furthermore, we believe that all individuals regardless of any other factors are so loved by God that Christ died for them.”
    Reagan Williams, who posted a video of the sermon, blasted Clark’s message in a Facebook post.
    “He goes on to blame women for the actions of men and says it is of God and it should be accepted as normal,” Williams posted. “Instead of teaching men and boys to take accountability for their actions and control themselves, he degrades women, victim blames, and points the finger at their mere existence. He fails to use Bible verses to back up his nonsense.”
    Clark includes one Bible verse in the sermon — which he told husbands in the congregation to display on the headboard of their beds.

“The wife has no longer all the rights over her body, but shares them with her husband,” he said, quoting the verse. “So whenever she’s not in the mood, dig out your Bible.”
    Clark only briefly mentioned the second part of the verse, which says “in the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.”
    According to Clark’s church, he’s now “seeking professional counseling.”
    Here are a few more quotes from Clark’s sermon:
    “Why is it so many times that women after they get married let themselves go? Why is that? Why do they do that?

“Men have a need for their women to look like women. Sweatpants don’t cut it all the time. Wearing flip flops and pajamas to Walmart – that ain’t going to work. Ain’t nothing attractive about that. It’ ain’t. And men want their wives to look good at home and in public, can I get an Amen!”
    “Ladies, it’s the way God made us. It’s the way we are. Men are going to look. He made us to look. You want them to be looking at you. Don’t let yourself go.”
    Let me tell you something. I have a friend. He has put a ‘divorce weight’ on his wife. That’s how important this is.”
    “Listen ladies, we are not lust monsters. We’re not that lust monster that chases you around the bed every night. We can’t help ourselves. God made us this way. He made us this way. Listen can I just tell you this? This may never pass your mind when you’re saying ‘I do,’ but I’m going to tell you it does his. It’s the main reason he married you.”

source: https://www.kansascity.com/news/nati...249693258.html

https://www.facebook.com/savannah.myers.14/posts/10164915530685707
    https://www.facebook.com/jess.raynor.9/posts/10158245035135292
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ-pXNJqqgA
    ^must be seen to be believed

• First General Baptist Church has taken down its Facebook page.
    • Clark has also taken down his Facebook page.
    • The church took down its video archives on YouTube and Vimeo.
    • The church’s contact page has been removed.
    • General Baptist Ministries, the umbrella organization overseeing this church, issued a statement saying the Council of Associations and the MoArk Presbytery will “research the statements and take appropriate action.” (What’s there to research? Who knows.) They added that Clark, who was scheduled to moderate the General Association of General Baptist meeting in July of 2022, won’t be doing that anymore. I’m including a screenshot below because these cowards delete everything.

Not every sermon of Clark’s has been removed though. For example, here’s another one making the rounds, allegedly from Mother’s Day, 2019, though I can’t verify that because the church’s archives have temporarily disappeared.
    https://www.facebook.com/savannah.myers.14/posts/10164915530685707

In that video, Clark takes the cringe to new levels:

• He says he’d love to be a “hot” woman and “arm candy.”
    • He “jokes” about how, if beautiful Southern women are called “Southern Belles,” then beautiful Mexican women must be “Taco Bells.”
    • He says that “physical beauty is within the reach of every woman.” (His description of physical beauty, as we all know by now, is extremely narrow.) That comment is followed by an picture of the backside of a woman he implies is unattractive.
    • He points to a graphic saying that women “should not look like butch” [sic].
    • He offers a beauty tip to women: Look more feminine.
    • He tells women to stop cutting their hair shorter.

In a separate clip at the beginning of that sermon, Clark walks on stage in high heels, explaining that he’s doing it in the “spirit of trying to identify as a woman.” Because right-wing bigots only know one joke.
    All of that is to say this guy’s been doing the same schtick for years. It wasn’t a one-off mistake. It’s his whole thing.

source: https://www.facebook.com/jess.raynor...58245035135292
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; March 5th, 2021 at 08:06 AM.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Some photos of the tubby tyrant.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

“Now look, I’m not saying every woman can be the epic — the epic – trophy wife of all time like Melania Trump. "
    mostroop, Daphodil, Sarzy and 1 others like this.

For some reason, I was expecting him to be a LOT older than the guy in the picture. I just have no words to describe how disgusting his views are.
    czb, SHELLEE, Lalasnake and 1 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit;[URL="tel:3809213"
    3809213[/URL]]

Some photos of the tubby tyrant.

Fucking awesome! What a bigoted unimpressive self-loathing arsehole.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Not surprised that pastor is a trumplican since their fat, ugly, orange king is all about judging women on their looks.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    For some reason, I was expecting him to be a LOT older than the guy in the picture. I just have no words to describe how disgusting his views are.
    Same! I was expecting someone at least in their 60's to be spouting this nonsense. Blaming the woman on a mans actions is just so low.

I love how he basically justified marital rape b/c the bible says it's ok. Asshole.
    czb likes this.

This bit made me LOL:

"Most women can’t be trophy wives, but you know ... maybe you’re a participation trophy"
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Personally, he's not even a participation trophy. I have zero patience for men who tell women to stay thin, dress nicely, etc. when they themselves are chubby and wearing stupid shirts.
    Mivvi21, Dolly, Trixie and 2 others like this.

He's not even a consolation prize.
    Mivvi21 and Trixie like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Elite Member

What a horrid man.
    How about 'husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church.'

He laid down his life for the church, put the needs of others before his own.
    Why doesn't tubby quote that?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm not going to take advice on being womanly from a man who can't see his own dick.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Yep ladies, lose weight and look hot and maybe you can keep one of these fat, old, ugly misogynistic fuckers!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Same! I was expecting someone at least in their 60's to be spouting this nonsense. Blaming the woman on a mans actions is just so low.

I love how he basically justified marital rape b/c the bible says it's ok. Asshole.
    Me three for thinking he was older.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information