Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 2 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By Novice
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Behold the power of boobs!

Default Behold the power of boobs!

Jerusalem Haredi protesters flee after women strip down to bras

Ultra-Orthodox males demonstrating against Eurovision Shabbat ‘desecration’ leave scene rather that look at immodestly clad females

By TOI STAFF21 May 2019, 3:22 pm

Women who took their tops off at a protest by ultra-Orthodox men in Jerusalem on May 18, 2019. (screenshot)

Scores of police in Jerusalem backed up by officers on horseback trying to break up an ultra-Orthodox street protest Saturday got some help from an unexpected quarter — women who took their tops off, driving away the protesters, who are religiously forbidden from looking at them.
    Hundreds of ultra-Orthodox men and boys clashed with police Saturday afternoon, blocking traffic and attacking officers during a protest against Shabbat transgression by workers preparing the Eurovision Song Contest final in Tel Aviv on the Jewish day of rest.

As protesters blocked roads beside an ultra-Orthodox area in the center of the city, at least four women stripped down to their bras, forcing the protesters to leave the area due to the prohibition against looking at women in dress deemed immodest.
    Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top storiesFREE SIGN UP
    Although the broadcast of the Eurovision finale started after the Sabbath, rehearsals and production preparations took place earlier in the day. The issuing of work permits for the event led an ultra-Orthodox political party to temporarily suspend coalition negotiations and sparked the Saturday protest in the capital.

Ultra-Orthodox Jews strictly respect religious law prohibiting work on Shabbat, the weekly day of rest, from sundown Friday until nightfall Saturday.
    Ahead of the Eurovision final, one of Israel’s chief rabbis called for those who keep Shabbat to extend their observance of the holy day by 20 minutes in response to the “great desecration.”
    Some ultra-Orthodox Jews object to photos of women,even when clothed, in public places or media on grounds of modesty. For decades there have been repeated incidents of posters featuring women defaced in the capital and other cities.
    An ultra-Orthodox Jewish man walks past a vandalized billboard in Jerusalem where women’s faces have been blotted out, November 2, 2017. (Noam Revkin Fenton/Flash90)

Source: https://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusa...-down-to-bras/
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

We need to harness (heh) all this boob power and make more old guys run away. Or is that not always the effect...?
    Brookie and Novice like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Brave women. These guys are only slightly better than Jihadis who try to erase women from public life.

I don't understand why they care about others working during the rest time. If they want to not work, then let them not work instead of forcing this on everyone else. And how fragile are they that they can't even handle pictures of women?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I don't understand why they care about others working during the rest time. If they want to not work, then let them not work instead of forcing this on everyone else. And how fragile are they that they can't even handle pictures of women?
    Not just here either, but also in NY.

It’s the same for all religious fundamentalists- Jewish law, Christian Law, Muslim Law....
    czb likes this.

I agree that in every religion that has a "fundamentalist" wing, a key element is giving women a permanent second-class status
    Novice likes this.

Thread Information