Thread: Is God protecting Fla. at Gov. Crist's request?

Default Is God protecting Fla. at Gov. Crist's request?

Is God protecting Fla. at Gov. Crist's request?

By BRENDAN FARRINGTON, Associated Press Writer Brendan Farrington, Associated Press Writer – Fri Aug 21, 1:50 pm ET

ORLANDO, Fla. – Could it be divine intervention that's kept Florida safe from hurricanes since Gov. Charlie Crist took office?
    Crist said he isn't trying to take credit, but he told a group of real estate agents Friday that he's had prayer notes placed in the Western Wall in Jerusalem each year and no major storms have hit Florida.
    Crist noted that just before his election in 2006, Florida had been affected by a total of eight hurricanes in 2004 and 2005.

"Do you know the last time it was we had a hurricane in Florida? It's been awhile. In 2007, I took my first trade mission. Do you know where I went?" said Crist, a Methodist, referring to a trip to Israel.
    He then told of going to the Western Wall and inserting a note with a prayer. He said it read, "Dear God, please protect our Florida from storms and other difficulties. Charlie."

"Time goes on — May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December — no hurricanes," Crist said. "Thank God."
    Last year, Sen. Nan Rich was traveling to Israel and Crist asked her to put a note in the Western Wall, a holy site in Judaism and a place where written prayers are traditionally placed.

"It was the same note, by the way, the same prayer," Crist said.
    This year a friend was going to Israel and he gave him a prayer to put in the Western Wall.

"You can do it on the Internet now, but I'd rather have it physically in there," Crist joked.

The note was placed in the wall in May.
    "May, June, July, August — we're getting closer," Crist said. "Knock on wood. I would ask you all to say a prayer."

Afterward, he said he's not taking credit for the lack of storms in this hurricane-prone state.
    "I give that to God," Crist said. "But it's nice."
    Is God protecting Fla. at Gov. Crist's request? - Yahoo! News
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

couldn't he have at least put a word in for the rest of the eastern seaboard?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

So, if a hurricane hits Florida later this year, should we infer that God doesn't like requests made public? Or just decided to punk Crist?

Thread Information