Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 'Youíre dead.' Audio of Minnesota homeowner repeatedly shooting unarmed intruders

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    ^^ that story makes it even worse in my opinion. He knew the kids personally, and knew damn well his life wasn't in danger. That discredits any self-defense motive right there. Yeah, I know he was pissed about his stuff, but this vigilante justice shit has got to stop. I guess the kids' parents now have every right to go kill him, since he committed a felony against them. My only sympathy is that I truly believe he is mentally unstable.
    How does knowing someone personally equal "knowing your life is not in danger?" Besides, I don't think he knew the kids well. According to the article, they went from door to door looking for work and he had only moved back into the neighborhood a few years earlier. Someone who's willing to break-in 11 times and steal and trash $40K+ of my stuff. I'd be thinking my life might be in danger.....

But no doubt, the guy should have had more faith in law enforcement. I think catching them on video stealing might have done the trick.....

Anyway, here's the article. It's the Daily Mail, fwiw.

Minnesota intruder trial - what the jury DIDN'T hear | Mail Online
    Brookie likes this.

He's crazy, those stupid kids picked the wrong psycho's house. He knew they were shot and couldn't hurt him anymore but he wanted them dead because he's a crazy fucker who probably enjoyed this opportunity. The girl got shot and he went and got his other gun to shoot her in the head after she's on the ground bleeding to death. I'm sure his community is happy he won't be exposed to the public anymore. These kids were assholes but he executed them.

He wasn't exactly "exposed to the public". They broke into HIS house, and were stealing HIS stuff.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    He wasn't exactly "exposed to the public". They broke into HIS house, and were stealing HIS stuff.
    True. However, he did every possible wrong thing you could do if you want to stay out of prison.

He didn't call the cops, apparently, until it was over.

He mortally wounded the girl, and instead of calling an ambulance or the cops, he shot her point blank while she was disabled.

He inadvertently recorded himself on tape gleefully reacting to shooting them and even proved that he willfully killed her after she was no longer a threat.

He goes and tells police exactly the same thing that the tapes show.

He could have told a different story. He could have said he was in abject fear and he didn't know who else was in the house. But instead, he lies in wait and executes the second person. And the tape totally screws up any alternate story he could have told.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Oh I think what he did was way over the top, but then I'm not in his shoes. I don't know what I would have done, or what I would do since I've not had to deal with anything like it. He does sound like a nut - but he wasn't scouring the neighborhood, randomly shooting people at will.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Oh I think what he did was way over the top, but then I'm not in his shoes. I don't know what I would have done, or what I would do since I've not had to deal with anything like it. He does sound like a nut - but he wasn't scouring the neighborhood, randomly shooting people at will.
    The tough thing is that I'm sure this guy was absolutely enraged that he was a victim again and again of burglars. I think a lot of people can identify with the feeling of anger and helplessness. It's kind of scary, though, to think of what it would mean if a guy like this didn't get charged with murder. What if someone had just seen his front door ajar and went into the house to see if he was okay or what's going on? And then he blows them away?

Kids, let this be a lesson to you. When the neighborhood crazy old coot says "GET OFF MY LAWN," get the fuck off his lawn. And before you decide to terrorize him instead, watch Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino.

Not trying to justify what he did, but damn who breaks into someone's house ELEVEN times? Stupid little thugs. You can only poke the bear so many times before he goes ballistic on your ass. You knew he had guns because you stole guns from him!!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

How does knowing someone personally equal "knowing your life is not in danger?"
    especially as we are much more likely to be killed by someone we do know. the guy obviously had issues, but these kids were clearly terrorizing him. multiple break ins, breaking windows., etc....you can frighten someone into killing you. they're all responsible to a degree, terrible situation all around.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If they didn't break into this house they wouldn't be dead. End of story.
    MontanaMama likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This was the audio he recorded. You can here him shooting both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    That's the kicker in all of this....dude would have completely gotten off scot free if HE had not set up the audio recording. (who does that?)
    Not to mention the sheer stupidity of him saying that kind of stuff knowing he was being recorded. I think he would have been better off with some kind of insanity plea. In another article I read that he testified that he didn't call the police because "why would I bother law enforcement with something like that on Thanksgiving?"
    i read somewhere that he had the recorder going for weeks and would check everyday to see if anyone had broken in and took anything. apparently when the break ins first started happening, he wasn't sure if he had just misplaced things or they were stolen (hence why he didn't report them to the police). only when they broke windows and/or otherwise trashed the place did he know for sure. and then he became obsessed and shit got real bad for everyone.

Maybe he thought the tape would be what saved him. If he shoots and kills these kids out of fear and torment, surely he would walk away because it would be viewed as self-defense?

I agree with Witchcurl, these kids were tormenting him by breaking in on multiple occasions, taunting him, etc. I think he acted out of fear, anger and revenge. Sucks all around.

They had it coming. They weren't shot snug in bed at home,were they?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think there is a difference between disabling them and then callously shooting to kill.
    faithanne, Sarzy, Flygirl and 2 others like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information