Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Yale graduate student vanishes days before her wedding

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

im confused, what was the motive? was there any?

They don't know yet, because the guy isn't talking. They've only said that it increasingly looks like a gone-postal-type incident. Some people are speculating that the suspect had a lot of resentment because he was a glorified cage cleaner and he worked with so many young people who were going to go on to be hugely successful.

But one person (former FBI or something) pointed out that to strangle someone, you have to have a huge amount of hatred for them, because to successfully kill by that method you have to watch the person die bit by bit before your eyes. Ugh.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Yale grad's bones broken to fit in hole
    By REBECCA ROSENBERG
    Last Updated: 10:51 AM, September 21, 2009

Accused murderer Ray Clark was so desperate to hide his heinous handiwork that he allegedly broke the bones and mangled the body of a strangled Yale grad student to fit it through a wall opening the size of a computer screen, The Post has learned.

"He just crushed her in there. She was like mush -- she was so smashed up you couldn't recognize her," said a source, who gave The Post disturbing new details of Clark's moves after Annie Le's gruesome slaying.

Le's body, the source said, was found in a utility space in a bathroom wall near the basement lab where she had been working the day she vanished.

In his haste to cover his tracks after Le was killed, Clark accidentally tripped a fire alarm -- possibly with his own or Le's employee swipe card, the source said.

Clark had used both his and Le's cards to access various areas of the lab after her murder -- and those swipe cards can be used to sound a fire alert, according to the source.

"He didn't mean to set off the alarm," the source said.

Clark was seen on video after the building was evacuated, holding his head in his hands.

Before Le was even reported missing, two rookie cops who talked to Clark after the fire alarm went off suspected he was up to no good, the source noted.

"They knew something was off with the guy -- he was nervous," said the source.

"He was acting weird, he was ghost white. His answers weren't making any sense. He was stuttering, and trying to stand in front of a chemistry tray with his arms crossed, trying to hide something."

Investigators have said Clark aroused suspicion when he was seen trying to clean the lab and hide equipment that later turned out to contain blood splatters.

According to the source, Clark was "a control freak" who insisted on lab cleanliness and "had issues" with the way Le kept her lab and her research mice.

"She wasn't clean, and it made him mad."

Le was last seen entering her lab building at around 10 a.m. on Sept. 8 and was reported missing that night. Her body was found Sept. 13, the same day she was to wed Columbia grad student Jonathan Widawsky on Long Island.

A "foul odor" led investigators to her body, the source said.

The space where Le was found -- 8 inches deep and covered by a metal panel "the size of a computer screen" -- houses a vertical and a horizontal water pipe.

Her killer had to maneuver her body around the pipes, according to the source.

"I've been doing this a long time, and I've never seen anything like that. This guy's twisted."

Accused murderer Ray Clark broke Yale student Annie Le's bones to fit in hole in the wall

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

um, lovely.

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeewwwww.

when shit like this happens to good decent ppl just living their life i can only wonder WHY?!

WOW. He is one sick fuck. To 'mash' her in there. I can only imagine the pain her family must be in...

At this point, I agree with the Asian fetish theory. She was cute and from news videos looked like she had a fun personality.

He was probably obsessed with her and felt driven to kill her before she could get married. It'll be interesting to see if anyone says he was overly interested in her.

I can see a good defence being he went crazy over the mice.

Personally I appreciate when these killers "off" themselves and spare the families and society a lot of time, expense and agony.

Accused murderer Ray Clark was so desperate to hide his heinous handiwork that he allegedly broke the bones and mangled the body of a strangled Yale grad student to fit it through a wall opening the size of a computer screen

Geeeeeeeeeezus!

Seriously, wtf!!! I know they said he strangled her but how was there blood found? Did he beat her up badly, too?

This guy obviously has rage/anger issues. To do this at work and think he could cover it up... insane in the membrane!

Horrifying. My heart aches for her family to learn how their daughter died. Her poor fiance, terrible.
    Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen.

Cops Refute Claim Yale Student's Body was "Mangled" | NBC Connecticut

By Andrew Pergam

There is much that remains unknown about the killing of Annie Le – a motive, for one thing. Police have been (relatively) tight-lipped.
    But now, New Haven police are going on a media offensive trying to set at least part of the record straight.

At issue is a line in this New York Post article that cites a source that says that Ray Clark, the suspect in this case, "broke the bones and mangled the body of a strangled Yale grad student to fit it through a wall."

New Haven police refute that line of the story.

“This information is false,” said Chief James Lewis, in a statement released late Monday. “This myth must be dispelled at the request of the State’s Attorney,” he continued. State’s Attorney Michael Dearington has not commented on the case.

Rebecca Rosenberg's article also described the graduate student's body was “like mush – she was so smashed up you couldn’t recognize her”. The New York Post has not commented on the story yet.

Also in the headlines, the public defender’s office that will likely represent Clark says it plans to file a formal complaint against Dearington’s office on leaks in the case.

Meanwhile, Le’s body has been sent home to prepare for her funeral.
    Last edited by Shinola; September 22nd, 2009 at 12:17 AM.

So what's false? The Chief himself isn't being clear, not that I care to know the nasty details anymore than what's been put out so far.

Horrid to say the least.

And I agree he was a control freak and if she left the area 'dirty,' or what he considers dirty, it probably set him off in addition to other factors.

This guy I know, he works in a lab, he has serious beef with this other guy that leaves the lab a mess. He leaves his samples and solutions lying around, dirty equipment all over the place, etc. You can see the anger and fury in his face when talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    So what's false? The Chief himself isn't being clear, not that I care to know the nasty details anymore than what's been put out so far.
    The police are saying the body wasn't mangled.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It looks like the account has been canceled. Isn't there a way to view canceled myspace pages. Using Google cache?
    Just a page with one picture on it.

Jen & Ray (Jennifer Hromadka) | MySpace - myspace.com/jenniferhromadka

The New York Daily News has a picture of Annie Le's fiance wearing his wedding band. So sad
    Fiance of murdered Yale student Annie Le Jonathan Widawsky wears wedding ring

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information