Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Yale graduate student vanishes days before her wedding

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I think she was just explaining why Annie Le wrote an article about safety on campus. It's because the environment makes people feel unsafe. And the irony is that in that lab she was sealed away from the supposedly unsafe town, yet she got killed.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

It sounds like a complicated case and future film. It might be sexist of me but I always think that when a woman is killed the first people to check should be her partner then ex's.

Oh, I think Ray's our guy.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    It looks like the account has been canceled. Isn't there a way to view canceled myspace pages. Using Google cache?

Nope.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

What did it say? I wasn't able to catch it either.....anything good?

Here's something interesting:

Along with the defensive wounds and the flunked lie detector test, investigators looking into the murder of Yale student Annie Le focused on a lab technician named Raymond Clark because of e-mails about the care of laboratory mice.

In the e-mails, Clark is said to criticize Le for not adhering to the protocols for tending the mice kept in the basement as part of her lab's ongoing experiments.

Le is said to have responded in a conciliatory tone, promising to keep to the protocols. Investigators wonder if Clark was not satisfied, if resentment suddenly flared to rage, if as crazy as it may seem this was a case of mice and murder.

Investigators also noted swipe card records that are said to show Clark usually went through the building in an orderly fashion in accordance with the demands of his work.

But the swipe card records from the day Le disappeared show Clark moving from room to room with no apparent logic, at points going to places unrelated to his job.

Such a pattern might fit somebody who was frenetically searching for a place to hide a body.

Clark left the building at the time of a fire alarm. Surveillance camera footage is said to show him looking considerably more distraught than could be explained by a simple evacuation.

As suspicious as all this seems, the evidence outside the forensics is still largely circumstantial. The investigators have remained cautious about describing the technician as anything beyond "a person of interest."

They continued to call Clark that even after finally taking him into custody yesterday evening, using a "body search warrant" for "DNA and physical evidence." They now await the results of DNA tests before they decide whether to charge him.

The investigators would be shocked if the forensics fail to point to Clark. But they also do not want to charge him and then discover they had the wrong guy. Nobody wants Clark to become the Yale version of Richard Jewell.

Clark asked for a lawyer after he flunked the polygraph so the investigators cannot question him now that he's in custody. Do not expect a real-life version of the cable TV drama "The Closer." The case against the scientist's suspected killer will depend on science.

Clark was surely aware before he was picked up that he is the "person of interest" reported in newspapers and media outlets around the world.

He knows that he flunked the lie detector test if not necessarily the particular question that sent the machine into a tizzy.

He knows that the scratches on his chest are considered defensive wounds.

He knows that there is blood evidence.

Clark also likely knows that swipe card systems record exactly who passes through a door and at exactly what time.

He must further be aware that investigators would be able to retrieve copies of the e-mails from Le's computer.

So in writing details of the case as recounted by law enforcement, I am only reporting what Clark surely knows the police know.

What only Raymond Clark knows for certain is whether the killing of a remarkable young scientist five days before her wedding really was a case of mice and murder.

Read more: Could tale of slain Yale student Annie Le and 'person of interest' Ray Clark be about mice?
    Last edited by LynnieD; September 16th, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

They've taken him into custody and charged him with murder, according to the news. This is so sad.
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Fucking monster. He should be shot.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Police nearing arrest in Yale killing; DNA links Raymond Clark to Annie Le murder - report

Police nearing arrest in Yale killing; DNA links Raymond Clark to Annie Le murder - report
    BY Matthew Lysiak In New Haven Barry Paddock In Middletown Michael J. Feeney In Branford, Conn. and Rich Schapiro
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Updated Thursday, September 17th 2009, 9:00 AM

A Yale lab technician has been arrested in the murder of grad student Annie Le, authorities announced Thursday morning.

Raymond Clark 3rd, the only suspect in the strangulation of the grad student, was hauled out of a Super 8 motel in Cromwell, Conn.

The New Haven Register reported that authorities have linked DNA from Clark, who worked in the same Yale building as Le, to the murder.

Cops obtained an arrest warrant for Clark, 24, who is expected to be arrained in the next 24 hours, police said in a press conference.

Undercover investigators massed in the parking lot - and one motorist passing by shouted, "Get him, get him!" at police.

Clark apparently decamped to the motel after cops hauled him from his home in handcuffs Tuesday, obtained DNA samples and let him go.

While police were waiting for DNA results, they had gathered circumstantial evidence.

Clark reportedly failed a lie detector test and had scratch marks on his chest. And computer records from Yale suggested he was the last person to see Le.

Swipe cards Le and Clark used to move through different areas of college buildings showed they were in the same room shortly after 10 a.m. on Sept. 8, The Hartford Courant reported.

Le, 24, wasn't seen alive after that, and her card wasn't used again. But Clark swiped into the area where she was found strangled five days later in a crawlspace, a law enforcement source told the paper.

New Haven Police Chief James Lewis refused to give details of Clark and Le's relationship, saying only that they worked in the same building and passed each other in the halls.

Cops interviewed Clark several times in the days after Le disappeared, but then he stopped talking with detectives and asked for a lawyer.

Clark's lawyer, David Dworski, said yesterday the muscular technician was cooperating with the investigation. "We are committed to proceeding appropriately with authorities with whom we are in regular communication," Dworski said.

State police officers impounded Clark's red Mustang yesterday. They also took about 150 pieces of forensic evidence from the Yale lab, where he mostly did janitorial work.

Le's body was discovered stuffed behind a basement wall inside the lab on Sunday - the same day she had planned to get married on Long Island.

The official cause of her death was ruled as "traumatic asphyxiation due to neck compression."

As cops and Clark played a waiting game last night, new details about his background emerged - including an allegation of forcible sex.

A high school sweetheart told Connecticut cops six years ago that he forced her to have sex, the New Haven Independent reported.

"I feel like I'm 16 all over again," the unidentified woman wrote in recent postings on her Facebook page, the Independent reported. "It's just bringing back everything."

Clark and the young woman attended Branford High School, where he played on the baseball team and was a member of the Asian Awareness Club.

Cops were summoned to the Connecticut school in 2003 after Clark and the girlfriend got into a confrontation.

She told cops "that at one time [the male] did force her to have sex with him," a detective wrote in the police report.

The young woman declined to press charges.

Clark's neighbors in Middletown, Conn., were in disbelief that he was at the center of a murder probe.

"He always seemed too quiet," neighbor Rick Tarallo, 23, said. "Other than that, he seemed like a very good guy. He didn't strike me as he was gonna kill somebody. I'm still in shock."

Read more: Police nearing arrest in Yale killing; DNA links Raymond Clark to Annie Le murder - report
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Elite Member

I'm glad he was arrested, but for god's sake, where does it come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Clark's neighbors in Middletown, Conn., were in disbelief that he was at the center of a murder probe.

"He always seemed too quiet," neighbor Rick Tarallo, 23, said. "Other than that, he seemed like a very good guy. He didn't strike me as he was gonna kill somebody. I'm still in shock."

Don't they all.

Far cry from other descriptions of this guy and his behavior.

What a total waste of a good life.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It looks like the account has been canceled. Isn't there a way to view canceled myspace pages. Using Google cache?
    I pulled this from another site I'm a member of. Some people moved quickly and grabbed info from his GF's myspace before it was taken down.

Category: News Author : Kim LaCapria Posted: September 16, 2009
    Tags : annie le, annie le abduction, annie le person of interest, jennifer hromadka wedding website, murder, raymond clark iii wedding, raymond clark jennifer hromadka

Jennifer Hromadka, girlfriend of Le suspect, blogs about Yale lab flings

But as always, the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]internet[/COLOR][/COLOR] never forgets.
    As we've seen in other recent high-profile murder cases, tidbits of information left on Facebook and MySpace give some background information in a case that so far has few answers and many, many questions. Yale grad student Annie Le was kidnapped last week, disappearing seemingly without a trace from a building on campus, possibly during a fire drill. Sunday evening, [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]investigators[/COLOR][/COLOR] announced the discovery of Le's body in a wall, on the day she was to marry [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]fiance[/COLOR][/COLOR] Jonathan Widawsky.
    While no arrests have been made, police have taken a "person of interest" into custody in the case. Yale lab worker Raymond Clark was hauled off in cuffs yesterday and reportedly failed a polygraph. Clark has given [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]DNA[/COLOR][/COLOR] and been released, and in the interim, the New York Post did some digging online. Before the content was deleted, they grabbed some text from girlfriend Jennifer Hromadka's "blog," likely from MySpace. In it, she addresses "rumors" that her boyfriend was having "flings" down at the lab:
    "He is a bit naive, doesn't always use the best judgement, definitely is not the best judge of character but, he is a [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important] good [COLOR=blue ! important] guy[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
    "He has a big heart and tries to see the best in people ALL THE TIME! even when everyone else is telling him that the person is a psycho or that the person can't be trusted. he thinks everyone deserves a second chance. and has a hard time hurting peoples feelings and it takes him getting burned to learn.
    "My boyfriend, Ray, if you don't know him, has no interest in any of the other girls at [the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important] university[/COLOR][/COLOR] research center] as anything more than friends.
    "This rumor of a 'fling' is probably the most stupid thing i have ever heard and really is not even worth going into detail about.
    "Who are you to [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important] judge[/COLOR][/COLOR] the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean!!"
    "He is a bit naive, doesn't always use the best judgement, definitely is not the best judge of character but, he is a good guy.
    "He has a big heart and tries to see the best in people ALL THE TIME! even when everyone else is telling him that the person is a psycho or that the person can't be trusted. he thinks everyone deserves a second chance. and has a hard time hurting peoples feelings and it takes him getting burned to learn.
    "My boyfriend, Ray, if you don't know him, has no interest in any of the other girls at [the university research center] as anything more than friends.
    "This rumor of a 'fling' is probably the most stupid thing i have ever heard and really is not even worth going into detail about.
    "Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be, but before you start pointing fingers make sure your hands are clean!!"
    The accounts Hromadka maintained have since been swept clean of content- and a "wedding website" on the Knot is empty.

Fiancée's blog slams cheating rumors

I wonder if he tried to rape her and she fought back and he then strangled her? He'd have been pretty dumb to plan to murder her there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I wonder if he tried to rape her and she fought back and he then strangled her? He'd have been pretty dumb to plan to murder her there.
    I was just reading an article on organized killers vs. disorganized ones. Organized killers are usually serial killer types. They spend a lot of time fantasizing about the crime before they do it. They plot who they will attack, where they will take them, and where they will dispose of the body. They typically attack strangers who are far away, so that the crime can't be traced back to them as easily. They carry a set of tools with them.

Disorganized killers don't plan it out, often act out of rage or uncontrolled aggression. They don't necessarily plan where it's going to happen. They attack people they know. They leave a pretty good amount of evidence behind. Only if they luck out, and don't get caught at first, do they learn to become organized killers.

This guy is clearly in the disorganized category.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information