Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: White teens beat and drive over a black man - hate crime in Jackson, MS

I went to "A" school in Meridian, Mississippi right after boot camp and absolutely despised it. The people were awful. A friend of mine brought me to his trailer where he lived with his gf, and they stared at me like I was Elephant Man. The same thing happened at a country-western bar we went to later that night. Good thing I had my uniform on, or they'd have come after me.

Another night we went into town to go see a movie - there were several black people in line, both civilians and military people like myself. I swear, these fat, pot-bellied rednecks just stood there staring us down as we waited for our tickets. A truck drove by and someone shouted to one of the bigots, "Hey Doug, you ain't goin' intew dat dere theeater, is ya? It looks like NIGGER NIGHT!". We turned around to look, and the coward sped off. Me and my friends yelled after him, "FUCK YOU, PECKERWOOD", but a black woman, a local, told us to ignore them or there would be more trouble. "We jes' used to it - y'all mus' be from de North.". It was hard to enjoy the film. I think it was Risky Business. After that, I limited my ventures to the local mall and the all-you-can-eat buffet.

I HATED Mississippi, and still do.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Lawd the south has all that evil, hate, and ignorance in it... to have some beautiful places!

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Lawd the south has all that evil, hate, and ignorance in it... to have some beautiful places!
    And me, Diva!
    Bitter, please don't judge all of us Mississippians by those creeps.
    Those people are slime. There are a LOT more nice,decent people there, I swear. I am kin to quite a few.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My grandmother was from MS and got the fuck outta there when she turned 15 and moved to Jersey.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    And me, ya'll remember MOST of us are just as shocked and pissed off when this racist bullshit goes on. The south is like anywhere else you have your good people and your scum. These guys are even lower than the scum
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

DAP

Mississippi is pretty much the same place as it was in the 19th century. Whites hate blacks, and blacks hate whites. The overall social backwardness is rather shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    My grandmother was from MS and got the fuck outta there when she turned 15 and moved to Jersey.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I don't believe they will spend their time victimizing others. You have to remember that the US prisons are filled with a disproportionate number of blacks.
    and a lot of white supremacists who stick together and protect each other.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Morgan Freeman made 'Prom Night in Mississippi' documentary in 2007 about a segregated High School Seniors prom. He paid $20,000 for the school to have a non-seg prom and after a pro-white community meeting somewhere, about half the white kids didn't show up (to the prom).

The film is really interesting to watch. It's avail online some places.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I know we hear a lot of horrible shit in this world, but for some reason this story REALLY affected me. I was literally in tears thinking about it.
    This^^ 100%. My heart hurts for that man, his family.....and humanity.

Three men plead guilty to federal hate crimes in Mississippi killing

Auto plant worker James Craig Anderson was run over and killed by a group of white teens in June, Mississippi authorities say.

• NEW: The defendants admitted to previous assaults in the Jackson area, prosecutors say
    • Three men plead guilty to federal hate crimes in Mississippi killing
    • One of the defendants pleaded guilty to a state murder charge Wednesday
    • They are the first charged with a killing under a 2009 federal hate-crime law

Editor's note: This story contains language that some readers may consider offensive.

(CNN) -- Three white Mississippi men pleaded guilty to federal hate crimes Thursday in connection with the 2011 beating death of an African-American man in Jackson, the Justice Department announced.
    Deryl Dedmon, John Aaron Rice and Dylan Butler each admitted to conspiracy and violating the 2009 federal hate-crimes law in last June's killing of James Craig Anderson. They face sentences of up to life in prison and $250,000 in fines, federal prosecutors said.
    The 19-year-old Dedmon had already pleaded guilty to state murder and hate-crime charges Wednesday in a state court and was sentenced to life in prison. Rice, 19, and Butler, 20, made their initial appearances with Dedmon in federal court Thursday morning.

The men are among the first defendants to be prosecuted under the federal hate-crime statute that President Barack Obama signed in 2009 and the first to be prosecuted in a fatal attack, Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez, the head of the Justice Department's civil rights division, said in a statement on Thursday's pleas.
    "The Department of Justice will vigorously pursue those who commit racially motivated assaults and will use every tool at our disposal to ensure that those who commit such acts are brought to justice," Perez said. "And I note that our investigation in this matter is ongoing."

Deryl Dedmon pleaded guilty to state murder and hate-crime charges earlier this week.

John Aaron Rice made his initial appearances in federal court Thursday morning.

In court Thursday, all three admitted to harassing and assaulting African-Americans on several occasions in the weeks before Anderson's death, hurling beer bottles, firing slingshots and driving at them with cars, prosecutors said. They targeted people they believed to be drunk or homeless, believing them less likely to report the attacks.
    They are also expected to testify against other teens implicated in Anderson's killing, two sources close to the proceedings told CNN.
    They admitted to violating the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009, named for the victims of two 1998 killings that shocked the country. Matthew Shepard, a gay Wyoming teenager, died after being kidnapped, beaten and left tied to a fence, while Byrd was a black man dragged to death in Texas by white supremacists.
    Anderson's death prompted several large marches and prayer vigils in Jackson, a city of about 537,000 people. At his state plea hearing, Dedmon told the court that his crimes were the result of being "young and dumb, ignorant and full of hatred."

But Hinds County Circuit Judge Jeff Weill told him, "Whatever excuse you offer, forget that. There is no excuse."
    Anderson, 47, died after he was beaten and run over by a truck driven by Dedmon, who was part of a group of seven white youths from largely white Rankin County who decided to "go f**k with some niggers" after a night of partying and drinking, law enforcement officials have said, quoting some of the suspects in the case.
    Authorities have said they believe Dedmon led and instigated the attack. They said the youths climbed into Dedmon's green truck and a white SUV and drove to the western edge of Jackson, where Anderson was standing in a hotel parking lot just beyond a highway exit ramp.
    On a videotape obtained exclusively by CNN, the group pulls into the parking lot and stops where Anderson is standing, although he is just off camera and not visible. The young men can then be seen going back and forth between their cars and Anderson.

Witnesses told authorities this is when Anderson's beating took place, as the white youths yelled racial epithets, including "white power." After the beating, Dedmon drove his Ford F-250 truck over him, leaving him to die, according to what some of the teens cooperating with police have told authorities.
    Rice initially faced state murder charges as well, but a judge reduced the charges to simple assault because he was not believed to be driving the vehicle used to kill Anderson.
    At Dedmon's sentencing Wednesday, Anderson's sister, Barbara Anderson Young, said her family was praying for "racial conciliation."
    "These last months have been very difficult," Young said. "We cried. We wept. We reminisced about our beloved brother, Craig, a loss I cannot even explain. Craig was a big-hearted person who loved his fellow man."

Three men plead guilty to federal hate crimes in Mississippi killing - CNN.com

I don't think these little shits will be lasting all that long in the federal pen.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Fuck those assholes. They don't deserve to even breathe, let alone the kindness of prison.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Fuck those assholes.
    Oh, I'm sure someone will be, you can be assured of that.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Oh, I'm sure someone will be, you can be assured of that.
    Hooray YAY!!!! Maybe there is actually justice!
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information