Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: White Male Beaten In Mobile, Alabama- Attackers: "This is for Trayvon"

Hit By Ban Bus!

No it's that this has nothing to do with Trayvon Martin. This isn't a retaliation for Trayvon Martin and so his name should never have been in the headline. It was put in the headline to race bait people into a frenzy and it's scary the way people fall right for it.

The article reads like a violent jerk harassing a bunch of kids in a neighborhood for playing ball and not moving for traffic. Could have happened anywhere. And then he escalated his harassment to going inside and getting knives and coming out and threatening the kids. And the parents and family members heard what happened and flipped out on the guy.

Are they wrong? Yes. Absolutely. Should they be arrested and jailed for assault. Yes. Absolutely.

Would it matter if all the kids were white? It would still be the same crime.

The only reason this is huge news is because one of the people there mentioned Trayvon Martin and people are twisting that into being the motivation for the attack and comparing it to Trayvon Martin when it has nothing whatsoever to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I really think there are a lot of powers that be who want to incite a race war and impose martial law. Trayvon's shooting, the shootings in Tulsa that happened a few weeks ago, this particular attack being played up by the media as some sort of revenge by blacks for other hate crimes going on, the upcoming 20th anniversary of the LA riots, etc. I get the feeling that there are powers that be who want to fan the flames and start riots during an election year. It's really scary, and I hope and pray that I'm wrong, but it's so transparent and obvious.
    The media is doing it's best.

I don't know if anyone saw the Alexandra Pelosi clip on Real Time this week, but she shows how full of shit the media coverage was about Black Panthers/Neo Nazi's related to this case.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    So, basically, what I'm getting here is that you're as screwed up as the media.

They wrongfully play up the 'mob beats white man for Trayvon revenge' angle, and you accuse the guy of being a neo nazi skinhead based on a photo from his bed in ICU.

I specifically said not a neo nazi btw. And from the arrest photo he doesn't look like an actual skin head.

But if you look at all the comments online about this case they are sort of positioning it as the opposite of Trayvon Martin. As if knives are the equivalent of skittles. I agree with hustlingforaliving. It's scary to me how easy it is to manipulate people.

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    I specifically said not a neo nazi btw. And from the arrest photo he doesn't look like an actual skin head.
    Yeah, you clearly meant a non racist skinhead in your post.
    shedevilang likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

No it's that this has nothing to do with Trayvon Martin. This isn't a retaliation for Trayvon Martin and so his name should never have been in the headline. It was put in the headline to race bait people into a frenzy and it's scary the way people fall right for it.

The article reads like a violent jerk harassing a bunch of kids in a neighborhood for playing ball and not moving for traffic. Could have happened anywhere. And then he escalated his harassment to going inside and getting knives and coming out and threatening the kids. And the parents and family members heard what happened and flipped out on the guy.

Are they wrong? Yes. Absolutely. Should they be arrested and jailed for assault. Yes. Absolutely.

Would it matter if all the kids were white? It would still be the same crime.

The only reason this is huge news is because one of the people there mentioned Trayvon Martin and people are twisting that into being the motivation for the attack and comparing it to Trayvon Martin when it has nothing whatsoever to do with him.
    It does NOT fucking say that. The neighbor said he went in and got the knives but not that he threatened anybody with them and that the neighbor doesn't believe he used the knives to incite anything. I think the neighbor would tell if that was the case because he's told that he had problems with this guy in the past.

ETA: here's the quote from the article for you.
    The neighbor said Owens previously had been extremely angry at the children.

“He ran in here and got 2 butcher knives. I said, ‘What are you doing with these?’” he said. “He was in a rage.”
    The neighbor said he does not know what Owens did with the knives but added that he does not believe they were a factor in the confrontation with the children or the subsequent beating.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

So, are you saying that "Notorious jerk with criminal record gets epic beat down by neighbors in churchwear" wouldn't have been as inflammatory a headline???

But if you look at all the comments online about this case they are sort of positioning it as the opposite of Trayvon Martin. As if knives are the equivalent of skittles. I agree with hustlingforaliving. It's scary to me how easy it is to manipulate people.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'd love to see dressed up church ladies with hats kicking ass. That would make my day.
    Sasha likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    It does NOT fucking say that. The neighbor said he went in and got the knives but not that he threatened anybody with them and that the neighbor doesn't believe he used the knives to incite anything. I think the neighbor would tell if that was the case because he's told that he had problems with this guy in the past.

Yes it does. It just doesn't say he did it that time. The articles I've been reading show that this was an ongoing incident, not a one time thing and that at one time he did get knives with the intention of threatening the kids to move.

We'll see. But already there's an entirely different picture that was painted in the first manipulative article.

I don't know if anyone saw the Alexandra Pelosi clip on Real Time this week, but she shows how full of shit the media coverage was about Black Panthers/Neo Nazi's related to this case.
    Exactly. Am I supposed to sit here and think that all white people think like those Neo-Nazis, or that all black people think like those Black Panthers? For the record, I don't but there are those who do.

I understand there is a lot of anger and emotion on either side, but for the media to fan the flames and attempt to twist and define the narrative on either side is ignorance in and of itself.

Yes it does. It just doesn't say he did it that time. The articles I've been reading show that this was an ongoing incident, not a one time thing and that at one time he did get knives with the intention of threatening the kids to move.

We'll see. But already there's an entirely different picture that was painted in the first manipulative article.
    Here you go... one more fucking time:

“He ran in here and got 2 butcher knives. I said, ‘What are you doing with these?’” he said. “He was in a rage.”
    The neighbor said he does not know what Owens did with the knives but added that he does not believe they were a factor in the confrontation with the children or the subsequent beating.

can you see it now?
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Larger font, Mel.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

The initial article is so inflammatory that I'm going to withhold judgment until more facts come out, as they usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    So, are you saying that "Notorious jerk with criminal record gets epic beat down by neighbors in churchwear" wouldn't have been as inflammatory a headline???
    You may have found your calling.
    lizzybabe likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

You don't think him pulling knives on the kids had anything to do with why the parents were angry at all?

Ok well we'll disagree on that.

You don't think him pulling knives on the kids had anything to do with why the parents were angry at all?

Ok well we'll disagree on that.

He didn't PULL THE MUTHAFUCKING KNIVES on the kids... Are you just not using the tools we as kids were taught to fucking comprehend!!!!! You are making shit up in your mind, and its annoying!!!!!!!
    nancydrew and msdeb like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information