Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Memphis Three Get A New Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I'm glad they're free. Sickening that the real killer(s) have got away with it so long.
    I was reading more about the case earlier. I always found that weird about John Mark Byers choosing to have all his teeth removed.
    I read today that Terry Hobbs, the other step-father, also had his teeth removed in the mid nineties. The family of his ex wife is convinced that Hobbs did it.

I almost fell over!!!!!!!!! wow!!! so happy for them. man How sad they had to waste all of that time there (esp b/c they were so young )

Bellini it seems like a lot of people are convinced of Terry Hobbs' guilt now (myself included). John Mark Byers was outside the courthouse for quite some time today and I was watching on the CNN live feed, he was telling anybody who would listen about the evidence against Terry Hobbs and asking why it hasn't been properly investigated. I know the man's a bit of a crackpot but it was interesting to see nonetheless.

I don't think for a second that these men - particularly Jason and Damien - are finished with this. I think they'll keep searching for the truth until the real culprit is convicted. Then hopefully they'll sue the ass off of the state and get millions in compensation for this, it breaks my heart to think of all of those wasted years of their lives stuck behind bars for a crime they didn't commit. Can't wait for Paradise Lost 3.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Bronze Member

There's an interesting website where the person was asked to investigate the evidence for a documentary. The person agreed as long as they were free to state their findings either way. The website is Blink On Crime -. They were originally going to do a 4 part series, but then this new development happened and only the first part is posted if you scroll down a bit.

It's rather interesting and not as clear cut as you would think. Echols apparently mentioned the boys being mutilated without the police mentioning that detail. Also, the bite marks in question might not actually be bite marks. Several days before the attack one of the boys traded his friend t-shirts for an ice pick which could have made the marks. Then after the boys were found he returned it to the boy saying something along the lines of "I don't want them to think I did it" or something like that. And I believe it was Baldwin who pointed the police to the other two.

It's interesting and provides a different side to the case. The person that runs it said it's hard to find unbiased information on the case anymore. Oh, and only one parent thinks they are innocent and that is the step-father. One of the moms passed away but she died thinking the 3 were guilty. They also list the other parents that still think they are guilty. That part was listed in the comments section.

Some people in the comments bring up interesting questions and they say they will address those in the upcoming parts, but they haven't been posted yet. If nothing else, it provides for some interesting reading.

^ Yes I just read in this following site that in Jessie's confession he mentioned details that hadn't been released to the public. Hmm.
    The Truth About the West Memphis 3

That site has a pretty blatant bias too. Without getting hold of the original police interviews, who knows whether there was prompting or not?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    That site has a pretty blatant bias too. Without getting hold of the original police interviews, who knows whether there was prompting or not?
    That has the audio of the interviews. Or do you mean they could have prompted him before the recorded interviews?

yeah. You'd need the whole thing in context to figure out what really happened

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Jessie also contradicted numerous actual facts. Got them flat out wrong.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Echols apparently mentioned the boys being mutilated without the police mentioning that detail.
    The police asked Damien what he heard happened and he said he heard the boys were mutilated, "one worse than the others." That's what one of the stepfathers of the victims told the media the day the bodies were found - information given to him by the police. The police were blabbing the details of the murders all over town, also, and it was hot gossip in West Memphis. These were podunk redneck cops were trampled all through the scene, blabbed all over town, and fucked up a ton of shit.

The "details" the police claim Jessie knew that weren't released to the public were details they fed him. The didn't record or document most of their 10 hour interview with a borderline retarded minor, who they forced to sign a Miranda waiver he didn't understand. His parents never gave permission for him to be questioned and there was no lawyer or advocate in the room with him. The cops magically remembered to start documenting once he was "ready" to give a statement.

Those may not be bite marks on the bodies, true. But it certainly is interesting that John Mark Byers (and Terry Hobbs?) voluntarily had their teeth removed and got dentures, without being ill or having a reason for it, once the evidence about bite marks started being discussed. It's also interesting that once possible belt marks were discovered on Chris Byers' body, John Mark Byers suddenly "remembered" that he had whipped his stepson the day before his death. There was no physical evidence tying the boys to the scene, but several bits of physical evidence that linked either Hobbs or Byers (or both) to the crime scene, including a bloody knife, and those were certainly men who rushed to "explain away" each new piece of evidence.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Is there any possibility that Byers and Hobbs were in on it together? It's just so weird that both of them got their teeth pulled. Also both were known to be very abusive to their step-sons.

I watched the follow up documentary, Paradise Lost Revelations. In one scene they showed the crimes scene photos which were very gruesome. It really looked like bite marks all over the Byer's boy's face. The forensic guy who was working with Jessie's attorney said that there were no signs that it was a ritualistic killing, but had all the markers of a rage killing. That it was very personal to someone. I think one of those step-father's, or both them, did it.

A few random thoughts--
    I had never heard that Terry Hobbs also had his teeth removed-- would need to see a link for that to believe it.

this site--- Home --- has all the trial and pretrial transcripts, exhibits, and documents filed, for anyone who really wants to delve into that.

a while back, I found the psych report there on Damien, can't recall exactly how to find it in the docs now, but it was really striking! If it was to be believed, Damien was severely mentally ill. To the point of having hallucinations and shit. He'd been institutionalized more than once in the year or so before the murders. But it wasn't clear how much of that was due to family problems and the depressing fact of living in a trailer in Buttfuck, Arkansas. Anyway, if the report was accurate as to his mental state, it kind of looks bad, but I couldn't imagine he would have even been coherent enough to plan and execute the crime along with his two friends. Three teens trying to control three 8 year-olds, with the ringleader being completely schized out....well, it would have been a disorganized crime scene. Meaning DNA would have been left behind, to say the least.

For what it's worth, that site includes a polygraph exam report showing that Damien exhibited no deception on involvement in the crime or any related questions. Obviously, polygraphs aren't admissible, but they are considered fairly accurate by most experts.

One last thing -- there was the report of a bloody drifter in the bathroom at a Dennys(?) on the highway near Robin Hood Hills that night, I believe. Police were called, but they didn't investigate in time to find anyone. Always thought that was interesting.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

A FB friend of mine (a caterer) says there's a rooftop hotel party going on for two of these three right now in Memphis. With Natalie Maines and Eddie Vedder.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^ I don't know how I feel about that. I can understand wanting to right a miscarriage of justice, but to throw a rooftop party with celebrities just seems incredibly tacky to me. After all, three young boys have still been heinously murdered - and if it wasn't these three men, who was it?

I don't know enough about this case to have any sort of opinion. What linked them to this case in the first place - how did they ever become suspects? Were the three hanging out that night and couldn't account for their whereabouts or what? No alibi whatsoever? How did the police stumble upon them? I guess what I'm asking is that everyone seems to think that these men are innocent, but why did the police have such an opposite reaction? It does sound like they were unjustly convicted but I don't want to automatically assume that makes them innocent, either.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^ IIRC the boys didn't have an alibi. Pat Brown wrote this blog about them. I don't really agree with her here but she gives their background details etc and why she thinks they did it.
    But you can't convict someone just because you think they did it and have no proper proof.
    I agree though, that doesn't necessarily mean they didn't do it. Just that there wasn't enough evidence.
    Women in Crime Ink: West Memphis Three

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information