Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Um, this is weird ... Body Found After Driver, Son Overcome By Fumes

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Ling chi for Jose Barahona.
    it's Jorge.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    it's Jorge.
    Crap. Ling chi for Jorge Barahona, not Jose. Put the carefully labeled knives back in the bag, everybody!

sounds like he was planning to kill the boy too...

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Investigators say the body of a young girl found in the back of a truck parked on I-95 in West Palm Beach is the adopted daughter of 53-year-old Jorge Barahona.

They also say Barahona gave the dead 10-year-old girl's twin brother sleeping pills and then doused him with a chemical inside the cab of the pickup truck parked on the shoulder of northbound Interstate 95 just north of Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard.

EARLIER: Crime scene slows traffic in West Palm Beach

According to a probable cause statement from West Palm Beach Police, a road ranger found the 1998 Toyota pickup truck on Monday parked on the east shoulder of northbound I-95 north of Palm Beach lakes Boulevard. The driver's seat was empty and a young boy was in the passenger seat, in respiratory distress and trembling. The boy's clothing was soaked in an unknown liquid and next to him was an open 5-gallon plastic gas can.

The road ranger found Jorge Barahona lying on the ground outside the truck, unresponsive. Medics responded and transported Barahona and his adopted son for treatment of hypothermia and treatment of burns from an "unknown chemical agent."

The cab of the truck was decontaminated by an Eagle SWS chemical crew. While a worker was cleaning the bed of the truck, he moved a black plastic bag from the front of the truck bed to the rear and noticed a human limb in the bag, and Florida Highway Patrol confirmed a human body inside the bag.

DOCUMENT: Read the probable cause statement seeking Jorge Barahona's arrest

The 10-year-old boy is hospitalized at St. Mary's Medical Center's intensive care unit suffering from severe burns to his abdomen, upper thighs and buttocks. Police and medical staff also discovered prior injuries, including a broken clavicle, broken arm, scarring to his buttocks and lower abdomen and ligature markings on both wrists from having been bound.

Police interviewed Barahona at Columbia Hospital on Tuesday. He said he placed his daughter's body in the bed of the truck and drove north on Interstate 95 toward West Palm beach on Monday, accompanied by his son leaving their home in Miami. Barahona claimed he was distraught over his daughter's death and intended to commit suicide, pulling over in a spot where he could be easily found. he told police he gave his son a handful of sleeping pills. He said his son's head was in his lap as he covered himself in gasoline. He told police he intended to ignite the gas but couldn't because his son was present.

Police said Barahona suffered no burns to his body, unlike the severe injuries suffered by his son. He told police some of the gas must have splattered on his son. Police have not indentified what the liquid was, but four firefighters responding to the scene were overcome by fumes.

The Miami Herald reports that the boy and his twin, who has not been identified by police or child welfare administrators, had been the subject of a call to the Department of Children & Families’ abuse hotline only four days before the incident off I-95 began. The children, a schoolteacher said, were being bound hand-and-feet with duct tape and were being untied only so they could eat.

DCF spokesman said Tuesday the agency had numerous contacts with the family in the last 7 years, but would not specify what those contacts involved.

Police intend to arrest Barahona on an initial charge of aggravated child abuse, with more charges likely.

----

developing story ... more to come

Read more: Father tried to kill brother of girl in trash bag with sleeping pills and acid | palm, beach, girl - POLICE - WPEC 12 West Palm Beach

Police and medical staff also discovered prior injuries, including a broken clavicle, broken arm, scarring to his buttocks and lower abdomen and ligature markings on both wrists from having been bound.

The children, a schoolteacher said, were being bound hand-and-feet with duct tape and were being untied only so they could eat.
    I would like to amend my recommendation to Ling Chi with dull rusty knives.

Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    sounds like he was planning to kill the boy too...
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I first read the story. Why else would the boy be covered in chemicals? And if it was from helping the father, then he knew too much.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

he couldn't off himself because the boy was in the truck with him? he had no intention of committing suicide, just ditching the bodies of the twins.

Good job, DCF!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Gasoline? Yeah, right. Gas is volatile, it wouldn't have stuck around long enough to make the ER staff sick too.

I would like to amend my recommendation to Ling Chi with dull rusty knives
    Rusty cheese grater. And a soothing solution of NaCL and CH3OH, since he likes to play with chemicals so much.

Ugh, this story makes me sick. Those poor kids.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Oh my god. It was worse than I imagined. How can people be such monsters?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this is so sad I cant even

i want to hold that little boy for the rest of time just hugging him

Yipes. This gets worse and worse. I retract my "Airplane" references earlier in the thread. Poor kids.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information