Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: TX mom whoops carjacker's behind

I've always heard to never let anyone take you to another location. Sometimes fighting back works. Sometimes complying works. She was lucky.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's a horrible situation to face, and I'm not sure if anybody would really know how they react. I don't think it was Gavin de Becker who I saw give this advice, but some other detective: What he said was, "Don't ever let someone use a weapon to control you and take you somewhere else. The woods are full of the bodies of people that agreed to go with someone who had a weapon with them."

Its from the book The Gift of Fear. I know I've talked about that book here before.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I have always told my daughter to fight back, run, do whatever you have to do to get away instead of going to the next location. You are much more likely to survive being shot as you try to escape then you are by going with them.
    MontanaMama likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

he'll be suing her for bodily damage.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i'm sorry but she's a fucking idiot. someone holds a knife to your kid's throat and you do what they say. she just got lucky he didn't slit the kid's throat but he very well could have.
    i've known people who got badly beaten for refusing to give up their purses or wallets when robbed in the street. i'm sorry but i'd rather lose money than be physically hurt, or even worse, have someone in my family get hurt.
    no way. any cop will tell you, you NEVER go to another location. odds are, once you're in the second location, he's gonna kill your ass anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    I definitely see your point but damn it feels good when victims fight back and win.
    damn straight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    In New Jersey, she probably would've been charged with attempted murder.
    well, then I guess she's fortunate she was in Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Good on her putting her son's life in danger like that.
    bullspit. she likely saved her son's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    She's an idiot or she had some unconscious awareness that this guy wouldn't kill her kid. Maybe she "read" this guy correctly and realized she could take him. There are cases of split second psychological awareness that prove to be better indicators of violence than years of studies.
    this!
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This sounds eerily similar to the Boca Mall abductions and murders in 2007. In that case, the guy would jump in the car, hold a weapon to the child's head (a gun in the Boca case) and order the mom to drive to an ATM and take money out. The first mom and son he let go, but he murdered the second woman and child that he abducted. Never been caught either:

Boca mall murders, five years later: Nancy Bochicchio, Joey Bochicchio murders remain unsolved
    precisely, there is no way of knowing what's going to happen - but if you're planning to live, I'd suggest NOT being all complacent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I'm guessing it was all rather instinctual, but bitch is ballsy - driving her car into a tree hoping he'd get thrown through the windshield and then beating his ass AND running over him? I think Texas has probably just identified it's next gubner.
    bitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I've always heard to never let anyone take you to another location. Sometimes fighting back works. Sometimes complying works. She was lucky.
    THIS!
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I have always told my daughter to fight back, run, do whatever you have to do to get away instead of going to the next location. You are much more likely to survive being shot as you try to escape then you are by going with them.
    as you should. zig and zag, bob and weave... but do NOT just fucking sit there and wait to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    he will fucking lose.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

He'll probably try, but again, its Texas. They'll probably whup his dumb ass again just for thinking about it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Baker unintentionally slammed into him with her minivan in an attempt to keep him at the scene
    e
    If I could only count the number of people I've accidentally run over immediately after they tried to harm my child. Damn those sticking accelerators!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Its from the book The Gift of Fear. I know I've talked about that book here before.
    here where I live, many years ago just days before Christmas, a young couple was shopping for toys for their 2 yo. walking to their car, some men pointed guns at them and told them to get in their (bad men's) car. They did.

Husband in front seat, wife in back.

Within moments, one of them shoots/kills husband.

Wife repeatedly raped, killed hours later. bodies found dumped the next day.

I learned at that moment if I'm ever in that situation I'll be killed in the parking lot.

All I thought of for days was how terrified and helpless that wife had to have been.

That's me. I will happily die in the parking lot where someone could call 911. I am not bred to go along with them. I am not going down without an all out fight. I will die right there with zero regrets.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yep, if you let them take you away from the parking lot, you are not only more likely to die, it gives them a chance to do horrible things to you they kill you, and increases the odds of them getting away with it, too. They're much less likely to shoot you in a parking lot where there may be witnesses and if they do, at least you'll die quickly.

I'm not faulting the poor victims-- it's hard to think clearly when confronted with such a situation. That's why it's good to get it straight in your mind as an 'if' scenario beforehand so you will know what to do in the unlikely event it ever does happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information