Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Teen Who Killed Four People Got Off On Probation Because He's Rich

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Infract! Infract!
    twitchy2.0, Honeythorn and holly like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

'Affluenza' teen Ethan Couch transferred to adult jail

Fort Worth, Texas (CNN)Teenager Ethan Couch, convicted in a 2013 fatal drunken-driving crash, has been transferred from a juvenile to an adult jail, Tarrant County, Texas, Sheriff Dee Anderson said Friday.

A judge hasn't decided if Couch, 18, will be prosecuted in adult or juvenile court for probation violation, Anderson said. A hearing on that question is scheduled for February 19.
    A judge decided Friday to move Couch to the adult facility, Anderson said.
    "The only change that was made in this order was his housing change," the sheriff said. "We will house him as we do any adult prisoner except that he's under the jurisdiction of the juvenile court."
    Anderson said Couch was soft-spoken and voiced no concerns.
    "His demeanor and attitude were much the same as when I saw him at the juvenile detention center," Anderson said. He said Couch was being housed in a single cell at the moment.
    Couch's attorney, Scott Brown, has said they will not fight a transfer of the case to adult court. Couch could be sentenced to 120 days in jail.

Couch disappeared in December, nearly two years into a 10-year probation stemming from the drunken-driving accident in which four people died. His mother also went missing.
    They vanished after a video surfaced that appeared to show him at a party where alcohol was being served, a violation of his probation.
    Authorities tracked Couch and his mother to Mexico, where they were detained last month. Couch was returned to the United States on January 28.
    Couch's case drew widespread attention after his attorneys argued the accident was partly to blame on what they said were indulgent parents who failed to set limits for the teenager, who was 16 at the time of the fatal crash.
    A psychologist who testified on the teen's behalf described the condition as "affluenza."
    Couch's mother, Tonya Couch, is facing a separate investigation. She has been charged with hindering her son's apprehension and is free on $75,000 bond, CNN affiliate KTVT-TV reported.
    Ethan Couch is being held without bond. Anderson said another detention hearing, to determine whether Couch should remain in jail, is scheduled for February 12.

CNN's Greg Botelho and Jason Morris contributed to this report.

Can he share a cell with mommy?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Not nude. The picture is just carefully cropped. There are pants: http://i.imgur.com/l53xPFc.jpg
    Well done! that is worse than the one I posted!!!! *snigger*
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Can he share a cell with mommy?
    wouldn't that be "cruel & unusual"??
    Free Charmed.

Its past time for him to get off the tit anyway.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This kid got off so easy it's unreal.
    I pray this time they get it right & send his ass to jail for a long time!
    This leopard isn't gonna change his spots.

Affluenza’ Dad Allegedly Chokes Girlfriend

Does it run in the family?

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 @ 16:59PM

Fred Couch, father of the ‘affluenza’ teen, was involved in a domestic disturbance Friday night after he allegedly choked his girlfriend.
    Police were called to the scene in Tarrant County, Texas after the woman’s frantic 9111 call. According to the sheriff, “Deputies saw she had some redness around her neck, potential choke marks.” However, when asked to give her statement, the woman refused to cooperate.
    She also refused to allow the officers to take crime scene photos, the Daily News reports. Without the alleged victim’s cooperation, authorities lacked enough evidence to charge Fred in the incident.
    PHOTOS: Drunken Disasters The Stars Didn’t Want You To See
    SPONSORED

10 costly pension mistakes millions of Britons make Hargreaves Lansdown

As Radar reported, Fred’s 18-year-old son first made the news in 2013 after being involved in a fatal DUI. His legal team successfully argued an ‘affluenza’ defense, saying that he was too rich and spoiled to have a sense of consequences. He was given probation.
    Then in 2015, he and his mother Tonya (twice divorced from Fred) fled the country after a tape surfaced that showed Couch potentially violating the terms of his probation. After a weeks-long manhunt, mother and son were apprehended in Mexico and brought back to the United States to face their crimes.
    Last edited by Novice; February 14th, 2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Free Charmed.

The laws were changed to give power to police to make an arrest without the cooperation of the victim. These police chose not to use the law and should be investigated. The laws changed to protect the police who would respond to the same house over and over, and then eventually be met with violence. In the last week, 3 officers have been killed responding to domestic violence calls. In this case the cops should have arrested him on physical evidence and the 911 call. Just like his son, he will get way with violence.
    holly, twitchy2.0 and lindsaywhit like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The laws were changed to give power to police to make an arrest without the cooperation of the victim. These police chose not to use the law and should be investigated. The laws changed to protect the police who would respond to the same house over and over, and then eventually be met with violence. In the last week, 3 officers have been killed responding to domestic violence calls. In this case the cops should have arrested him on physical evidence and the 911 call. Just like his son, he will get way with violence.
    I was thinking, "I thought they changed that?!" Then I read your post, confirming that I wasn't mistaken.
    IDK why they didn't arrest his ass! Asshole probably paid them off or something. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    did the laws change across the board or only in some states?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

^ I wonder the same.

All states have given power to the police to make warrantless arrests. Of course each state chooses how much to press it, and allow leeway. Texas is known for protecting men, so..... The link below gives a good overview. It's really interesting to see the rise in woman being arrested at the same time since the police do not know which party was the aggressor.

http://scholarlycommons.law.northwes...4&context=jclc
    sputnik and twitchy2.0 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^^^
    yeah i'm not surprised texas chooses not to use that power.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

(CNN)[Breaking news update, published at 12:30 p.m. ET]

A Texas judge ordered Wednesday that "affluenza" teen Ethan Couch spend 720 days in jail -- nearly two years -- as a condition for his continued probation for a 2013 fatal drunken-driving crash.
    However, the judge said he'd give the defense two weeks to make an argument against the order.

"Nothing is set in stone, so I might reconsider," the judge said in a court hearing in the case in Tarrant County, Texas.
    [Original story, published at 12:02 p.m. ET]
    Ethan Couch, a Texas teenager accused of fleeing to Mexico after using an "affluenza" defense to avoid prison in a fatal drunken-driving crash, will remain in jail for an undetermined number of days while a judge awaits recommendations from prosecutors and defense attorneys, the judge said during a court hearing Wednesday.
    The judge eventually will determine how many further days Couch will have to serve in jail as a long-anticipated condition of his probation upon turning 19.
    Developing story - more to come

'Affluenza' teen Ethan Couch tentatively ordered to serve 2 years in jail - CNN.com

Really? Only two years?
    panic likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah, but that's just for the probation violation. They can't change the original sentence, which was NO time. So it's better than it was.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information