Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Teen Who Allegedly Forced Pal To Kill Himself Now Faces 20 Years In Prison

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah. She still didn't force him.
    I guess we all see it differently; physically, she didn't force him. Mentally/psychologically, she kind of did.

There is a precedent for prosecuting someone who does something like this. It's covered in the article below:

Is it a crime to "encourage suicide"? Unusual Massachusetts case of teens Conrad Roy and Michelle Carter - CBS News

I should probably be charged with attempted involuntary manslaughter a few times a week. I often tell people to go kill themselves.
    Kathie_Moffett and greysfang like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

LOL, me too.

But really, this kid was suicidal. Instead of getting him help she berated him for not killing himself faster. I don't know what law she should be prosecuted under but she should be punished. And kept away from the rest of us, psychopath.
    Serendipity likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Bronze Member

This psycho lives about an hour away from where I live. We don't have cable (NetFlix!) so I hadn't heard about this until I saw it here.

She is completely sick & twisted to do what she did.

I'm just glad she got caught young and will be put away forever, hopefully.

I bet she's going to be a huge problem in prison, though. Reminds me of the sequence in "Silence Of The Lambs" where Crawford tells Starling that, seemingly in revenge for Miggs' having humiliated her, Hannibal Lecter basically talked Miggs into killing himself.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

She spent so much time and energy talking him into doing this, it's disturbing. She is so fucked up. Wow.
    Jazzy likes this.

I'm not sure what should be done or what can be done to this girl, but she is all kinds of fucked up. I feel bad for anyone that encounters her in the future. This is not Queen Bee/bitchy teenager shit, this is sociopath shit. Sadly, she probably feels little remorse, except for herself.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Beeyotch like this.

She sounds like the type who'll manipulate everyone around her in prison. No doubt she'll find the lord and study to be a therapist.
    LaFolie likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Resting psychopathic bitch face. Every parent's nightmare. She terrifies me.

Why? She's a goddamned little girl. Slap the snot out of her and move on.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She's an evil bitch.
    CornFlakegrl and LaFolie like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yeah you can be young and a sociopath. She is fundamentally fucked up. Lock her up and throw away the key.
    LaFolie likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

Little?
    LaFolie likes this.

fgg

Judge faces legal quagmire in teen texting suicide trial

BOSTON (AP) — Michelle Carter and Conrad Roy III are both sad figures in a teenage tragedy that ended with Roy killing himself and Carter charged with manslaughter.

A juvenile court judge now finds himself at the center of a legal quagmire: Should he set a legal precedent in Massachusetts by convicting Carter of manslaughter for encouraging Roy to take his own life through dozens of text messages? Or should he acquit her and risk sending a message that Carter's behavior was less than criminal?

Judge Lawrence Moniz is deliberating Carter's fate following a jury-waived trial that provided a disturbing look at teen depression and suicide. It is not clear when the judge will issue his verdict.

The case has been closely watched in the legal community and widely shared on social media, in part, because of the dozens of text messages Carter sent Roy in the days before he was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in his truck parked in a Kmart parking lot.

"You're finally going to be happy in heaven. No more pain. It's okay to be scared and it's normal. I mean, you're about to die," Carter wrote in one message.

Her texts later became more insistent after Roy appeared to delay his plan.

"I thought you wanted to do this. The time is right and you're ready __ just do it babe," she wrote.

In another text sent the day Roy died, Carter wrote: "You can't think about it. You just have to do it. You said you were gonna do it. Like I don't get why you aren't."

Carter is accused of involuntary manslaughter, a charge that can be brought in Massachusetts when someone causes the death of another person when engaging in reckless or wanton conduct that creates a high degree of likelihood of substantial harm.

Prosecutors have argued that Carter's text messages support their claim that Carter caused Roy's death by "wantonly and recklessly" helping him poison himself.

Roy, 18, had a history of depression and had attempted suicide in 2012, taking an overdose of Tylenol. Roy's mother testified at Carter's trial that Roy seemed to improve after he began taking medication and getting counseling. He graduated from high school in 2014 and had plans to attend college, she said.

Carter, then 17, also had struggled with depression, as well as anorexia, and had been prescribed antidepressants.

Carter and Roy met in Florida in 2012 while visiting relatives. Their relationship largely consisted of text messages and emails.

Daniel Medwed, a law professor at Northeastern University, said the judge has a difficult task in determining whether Carter's actions rise to the level of manslaughter. There is no Massachusetts law against encouraging someone to kill themselves. Medwed said the judge could consider Carter "morally blameworthy," but "moral blame doesn't always equal legal accountability. "

Martin Healy, chief legal counsel of the Massachusetts Bar Association, said the case also presents some novel issues of law on the use of cellphones and text messages. Carter was not with Roy when he killed himself, but she was talking on the phone with him as his truck filled with carbon monoxide. At one point, when Roy became frightened and got out of his truck, Carter told him to "get back in," according to a text she later sent to a friend.

Carter appealed the manslaughter charge, but the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court found that there was enough evidence for the case to go to trial. The court found that Carter was "virtually present" at the time of Roy's suicide.

In order to convict Carter, the judge would have to find that prosecutors had proven the elements of manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt, a much higher legal standard to reach than the probable cause that was needed for the grand jury to indict her.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-fac...042837751.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information