Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State to seek death penalty in Casey Anthony case

Hell even if she gets put on death row she'll be there for 20 yrs before they actually kill her.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I never understood why the death penalty was taken off the table in this case for a time. It seemed bizarre to me.
    I wonder what evidence/info they have that made them put it back on the table...?

Life or death, IMO she should never be able to walk around in this world free again. She murdered her very own daughter and then hooched it up in bars every night and created a lie that was so unbeyondfuckingbelieveable that only a sociopath would think they could get away putting the blame on a phantom person who doesn't even exist.

She is an evil evil evil bitch.

^^Agreed. Another thing that I don't get is why her family is sticking by her knowing full well that everything she has said has been a lie. It makes them look like idiots to actually claim they believe Casey's made up story. They need a wake-up call that's for sure.

^^ Exactly. They were the ones who even said their car (that she stole) smelled like a dead body and her father in the interview said he'd smelled dead bodies before and knew that's what it was.

They are beyond delusional to think she is innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Just so you know.....the death penalty process costs more than it does to keep a person in in jail for life.

And the "fate" you speak of with the death penalty will be no where near what her daughter suffered. I am sure her daughter probably suffered, whereas, lethal injection does not hurt. Hell, they even give the prisoner a sedative to calm them down before the actual execution.
    Oh, she'll suffer. Florida uses the electric chair. *sizzle* *zap*

But you're right about the cost of the death penalty, that's really the only reason I'm against it. It actually sucks up more resources and taxpayer money with the endless appeals process, etc. Might as well sentence them to life and make sure it's truly miserable conditions, and make her WORK to pay the costs of her own incarceration.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I never understood why the death penalty was taken off the table in this case for a time. It seemed bizarre to me.
    I wonder what evidence/info they have that made them put it back on the table...?

*eta: I think, not sure, that in some cases like these where they don't have concrete, irrefutable evidence, the death penalty is taken off the table so jurors will be more likely to convict. I think jurors are less likely to convict if a guilty verdict carries the death penalty. That is, even if they think she did it, jurors who disagree with the death penalty won't vote her guilty and the prosecutor probably didn't want to take that chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information