Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: South Carolina Officer Charged With Murder in Black Manís Death - VIDEO

I can't bring myself to watch the video.

Elite Member

Just revolting.

And doubly so to think what would have (ie, wouldn't have) happened if not for the video.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Elite Member

The wagons were already circling up to the point where the video came out. If there wasn't video, assuming this story even saw any media attention, they would be painting the victim as a loser and a repeat offender who must have been up to something.

Running from a cop, for whatever reason, does not warrant a death sentence. Having a broken taillight or being behind on child support does not warrant a death sentence. Being a different race from the cop who stops you does not warrant a death sentence.

twitchy2.0 and qwerty like this.

This just makes me sick. I wanted to cry when I saw the video. It was so terrible. A guy turns and runs and suddenly he's dead. For no fucking reason. Can you imagine having a gun and just using it any time you felt like it? So easy to end a life.

Elite Member

I hope this filthy pig gets a very long, long sentence in a prison full of angry inmates.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Facebook has revealed so much to me about my family / friends. Mostly family. With all the recent cop killing stories in the press, I've realized just how many people think cops can do no wrong. In fact, a cop killing you proves you are guilty. Try those mental gymnastics.

The Facebook silence on this story is deafening. Which is infuriating me. I'm needing to stay off so I don't post some ridiculously pointless rant. But wtf you loud mouths, where is your righteous indignation now???

Elite Member

Even the arch-conservatives at my office think this is a messed up story. They still don't understand why people would protest, though. I mean, the cop is in jail so problem solved, right? People are protesting because they're sick of this us vs. them mentality that a lot of cops have and use as an excuse for deadly force. If you're a right winger who's afraid of a police state, this sort of thing is EXACTLY what you should be afraid of.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Even the arch-conservatives at my office think this is a messed up story. They still don't understand why people would protest, though. I mean, the cop is in jail so problem solved, right? People are protesting because they're sick of this us vs. them mentality that a lot of cops have and use as an excuse for deadly force. If you're a right winger who's afraid of a police state, this sort of thing is EXACTLY what you should be afraid of.
    My dad was a criminal defense lawyer and despite being a greatest generation, WWII vet type whom you might expect to be more conservative, raised me to know that the police aren't always right or truthful, that they sometimes discriminate against people of color and those who are most vulnerable, and some are capable of brutality. I thought everyone knew this, till I got a little older and realized that isn't so. I know there are lots of great police officers out there, but I also know that as a white relatively affluent person I see their best, not the worst.

I swear, some people are just living in a fool's paradise. This cop murdered someone and I imagine others helped him cover it up. No one would have been the wiser if that guy didn't take the video. If that's not scary, I don't know what is.
    stella blue and Trixie like this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

When I saw this video, I cried. I can't even wrap my brain around something like this. Watching the things this piece of shit did after he shot this poor man. Drop the cuffs next to his body, possibly the taser, didn't administer CPR like he claimed. Lies, lies, lies. Please, let this one go down for this crime.

I'm very thankful that this video exists, though it breaks my heart to see it.

The accounts of the other officers on the scene clearly indicate that a coverup began the minute the officer called in his bogus story. Apparently, none of the other officers included in their initial reports that Walter Scott was shot in the back. They also perpetuated the lie that CPR had been given to Walter Scott. If that video hadn't turned up, not one word of the truth would have ever come out about what happened in that field. The story would have been twisted to fit the officer's account and that would have been it. Another lawless black man killed by a hero cop.

The report is signed off by Sergeant James Gann. He states: 'I arrived on scene and observed that Officer Haberdasham was administering first aid to the driver. I exited my vehicle and assisted Officer Haberdasham with first aid and CPR to the driver.'

He says they continued to give CPR until EMS arrived and Scott was pronounced dead.

There is no evidence in Feidin Santana's video that Scott received CPR.

A second video of the scene shows two other police officers arriving at the scene and getting out a medical kit. But they do not give CPR.

Six other officers' version of what happened after the shooting is recorded in the incident report.
    They were: R. Terrell, J Bariss, M Cooper, R Killin, B Williams, and Sgt Webb.

They all say that they heard Slager's call for help and arrived at the scene later.
    Gann says the crime scene was handed over to SLED, who then concluded their crime scene investigation that day.

Read more: Five bullet wounds to the back and few questions asked: Anger over killer cop's 'cover-up' grow louder as questions are raised over his fellow officers' actions | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Elite Member

*Disclaimer* i don't know this gentleman (TheArchfiend) or have any association with his channel or youtube.
    But He has a very passionate view about society and how messed up everything is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information