Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleepover Dad Gets 11-Year-Old Pregnant

I wore a B cup and had my period at 9. I grew another 6 inches over the next 4 years.

I was 9, almost 10, and around 5' 0" when I started too. I wound up being 5' 10". The periods came before the massive growth spurt for me.

I was skinny as a rail until age 15. Then I got my period and my boobs. Thank god the DD's didn't pop up pre-teen years. That would have been mortifying.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

A*O

My daughter started her periods around 11 but had boobage well before that. It's not unusual now.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I got my period when I was 11, just a few months before my 12th birthday. I can't imagine getting it earlier than that though, especially when you're still in the single digits. Scary stuff.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    I got my period when I was 11, just a few months before my 12th birthday. I can't imagine getting it earlier than that though, especially when you're still in the single digits. Scary stuff.
    same here. I got mine during Christmas break, so I was at home at the time. I can't imagine what I would have done if I had been at school when it hit for that first time.

The guy in this story is a creep. The outside matches the inside. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    My daughter started her periods around 11 but had boobage well before that. It's not unusual now.
    same as my daughter

I was 12 or so when I had my first, and we have a history of late menopause (50-55 or so) in our family. I thought that 14 was late for them to start - everyone except the gymnast had them by then at my school.

This poor kid needs to get that fetus aborted. There is SO much wrong here that it's difficult to know where to start.
    Free Charmed.

A*O

I don't think 50-55 is particularly late for menopause? I think the average age is +/- 52? Women start puberty earlier and reach menopause later these days. I think I started my periods around 13? About average then. My sister didn't start until she was almost 16 and Ma was beginning to worry a bit.
    Dame Edna Everage

I see so much about women hitting menopause or peri-menopause in their 40s that I no longer have a clue what is "normal" lol!

There do seem to be quite a few women @ work who are only a couple of years older than I am who are bitchin about flushes & nightsweats... I guess that they're 45 or so?
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Menopause (ie the cessation of periods and therefore fertility) is a tricky topic now because medical science can stretch the boundaries in every way way beyond what Mother Nature would normally decide.
    Dame Edna Everage

I think 50s is normal/average for menopause.
    Eta - google says 51 is average menopause age in UK.

I started my period at 11, as did my daughter. Early puberty is so hard on the families. There are people who believe it can be related to early sexual activity, like sexual abuse, even though there is little reason to believe that. I have had to work with 3 families now that were reported by teachers/schools for possible abuse because the girl was so young when she began her period. The teachers get it in their head that there must be an unnatural reason for this. Recently there has been a push to better educate the elementary staff so this can be avoided.

There was a story on the news last night about girls starting puberty much earlier:

Menstruating at age 7? Docs baffled why girls going through puberty earlier, getting periods younger
    Menstruating at age 7? Docs baffled why girls going through puberty earlier, getting periods younger
    BY Alexandra Galkin
    DAILY NEWS WRITER

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 4:00 AM

Related NewsArticles
    For parents Claudia and Joe, the onset of daughter Laila's puberty has proven to be more stressful then they could have imagined.

By the time Laila was 6, she had grown pubic hair, and by age 7, her breasts had begun to develop according to USA Today. Out of respect for their daughter's privacy, the couple chose not to publish the family's last name.

Laila's case, however, is no longer a rare one. Doctors are finding early onset puberty more prevalent in young girls with no real understanding of the cause.

According to a study from last year in the academic journal Pediatrics, about 15% of American girls now enter puberty by age 7. For African-American girls, like Laila, that statistic is even higher, with 23% hitting puberty at the same age.

"This is an issue facing the new generation," Laila's doctor Pisit (Duke) Pitukcheewanont, a pediatric endocrinologist at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, who treats girls with early puberty told USA Today. "Many parents don't know what is going on."

In the past, girls would hit puberty much later thanks to poor nutrition and living conditions which prevented the accumulation of body fat many believe is necessary for the body to prepare for pregnancy.

Today, most researchers have honed in on numerous reasons for childhood puberty including obesity, prematurity, genetics, hormone-like environmental chemicals, family stress or even, a brain tumor.

"Over the last 30 years, we've shortened the childhood of girls by about a year and a half," said Sandra Steingraber, author of a 2007 report on early puberty for the Breast Cancer Fund, an advocacy group. "That's not good."

The consequences for early physical changes are equally numerous.

According to Steingraber's report, hitting puberty as a child increases girls' chances of depression, drinking, drug use, eating disorders, behavioral problems and attempted suicide.

Physically, too, girls are at a higher risk of developing breast and uterine cancers because their bodies are exposed to estrogen for a longer period of time.

For others, like Laila, growth spurts at young ages limit the total amount of time the girl will grow in later years, leaving Laila - tall and slim now - to be shorter than many of her friends later, her father said.

Monthly hormone shots can offer some consolation for girls hoping to slow breast development and menstruation. Laila is undergoing one of the newer forms of hormone therapy which is implanted only once a year.

As of now, she has not experienced any side effects and her parents are planning for one more implantation before letting nature run its course.

"She is still our baby," Claudia said. "But to look at her now, and think that she is growing faster than the average, we can't help but to feel like we are being rushed through her primary years."
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Different people have different genes although I do think there are environmental components as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    There are people who believe it can be related to early sexual activity, like sexual abuse, even though there is little reason to believe that. I have had to work with 3 families now that were reported by teachers/schools for possible abuse because the girl was so young when she began her period. The teachers get it in their head that there must be an unnatural reason for this.

And this my friends, is why Johnny can't read.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information