Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shooting at Ft. Hood Army Base kills 7, 12 wounded...

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Ya know-not many army people would have the nerve to hassle a Major & MD-even if he had been a Satanist! I find that nearly impossible. Besides,the tolerance of religions across the board is beautiful on military posts,as a rule. I find that really hard to believe-guess we'll see. Lots more will be coming out.
    UHhuh. Take a look at the Airforce Academy. It's a militant evangelist recruitment center.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    whered you hear that
    Could that be a spelling error? Where is Grimm & what have you done with him?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    UHhuh. Take a look at the Airforce Academy. It's a militant evangelist recruitment center.
    I can't speak for the Air Force-never knew many of them. This was an army post-that I know first hard-up close.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

WASHINGTON The Army psychiatrist suspected of carrying a shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, had come to the attention of authorities six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats, law enforcement officials said Thursday.
    The postings appeared to have been made by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, who was wounded during the shootings at the Army post that killed 12 soldiers and wounded at least 30 others. A Fort Hood spokesman had earlier said Hasan was killed.
    The officials say they are still trying to confirm that Hasan was the author of the Internet postings. They say an official investigation was not opened.
    One of the officials said late Thursday that federal search warrants were being drawn up to authorize the seizure of Hasan's computer. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.
    One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades.
    "To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its (sic) more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause," said the Internet posting. "Scholars have paralled (sic) this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers."
    Military officials said Hasan, 39, had worked for six years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, where he had received a poor performance evaluation. He transferred to Fort Hood in July.
    The officials, who had access to Hasan's military record, spoke on condition of anonymity because such records are confidential.
    Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said Hasan was about to deploy overseas, but it was not known whether he was headed to Iraq or Afghanistan.
    Retired Army Col. Terry Lee told Fox News that he worked with Hasan, who had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Lee said Hasan got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars, and had tried hard to prevent his pending deployment.
    Hasan was single with no children. He was born in Virginia and graduated from Virginia Tech University, where he was a member of the ROTC and earned a bachelor's degree in biochemistry in 1997. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001. He did his internship, residency and a fellowship at Walter Reed.

AP sources: Officials reviewed suspect's Web posts - Yahoo! News

I am glad he was single. A wife/children would have just compounded this tragedy.

The postings appeared to have been made by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, who was wounded during the shootings at the Army post that killed 12 soldiers and wounded at least 30 others. A Fort Hood spokesman had earlier said Hasan was killed.
    The officials say they are still trying to confirm that Hasan was the author of the Internet postings. They say an official investigation was not opened.
    That's nice. The Army got wind of this guy 6 months ago and ignored it. Might be a good idea to red flag/investigate someone, especially if they're in the military, when they start talking about suicide bombings & making threats.

One of my relatives has 'Muhammad' as a last name and when he applied for a passport they red-flagged him and delayed his passport for a year while they investigated him. This guy makes threats and they let it go.

Now that we know the shooter is alive, I'm irritated that the media hasn't started pushing for the condition of the other victims.

We'll get answers from him eventually as this whole thing plays out. But I'd like to know how badly hurt the injured are. Are they expected to live?

Just about all are called "stable" as well as the shooter & lady cop who shot him.
    His poor family has issued an apology-as if they could have stopped it. Everyone seems to have compassion for them. Just tragic for all.

I always feel so bad for the families of the shooters - you know they're going to be whispered about and stigmatized for the rest of their lives in some fashion - even if they had nothing to do with the incident.

What a sad sad story. I feel so badly for the victims and their families.

Not for nothing, but the doctor was a Virginia Tech undergrad.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

^^Perhaps Vtech should consider a name change?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

my hubby is in the Army and let me just say how PROUD I AM OF EVERYONE IN HERE!!!!!
    This guy who shot the crap out of ft hood is a Major in the army and seems to have just lost his shit. The fact that everyone in here is seeing this for what it seems to be and is not falling for the "He's Muslim! He must be a Terrorist! Duck and Cover!!!" line just goes to show how far we've come.
    Although what happened is truly a tragedy that goes beyond words, it takes more work and sacrifice that most realize to reach the rank of Major. I doubt this man was anything but a patriot who lost his way and his mind.
    I child-proofed my house but they keep getting back in!

^^I just watched the news and maybe I misheard, but there seemed to be an implication that he had poor performance reports in his previous posting prior to Ft Hood.

The Army got wind of this guy 6 months ago and ignored it. Might be a good idea to red flag/investigate someone, especially if they're in the military, when they start talking about suicide bombings & making threats.
    Agree with this.
    Retired Colonel Terry Lee who worked with the major said: 'He was so outspoken I once said to him, "Look, you got to cool it".

'He was reacting with open glee at the death of some soldiers by a suicide bomber. I told him, "You might not agree with this but this is the army and we are here to serve the country.'
    Mr Lee said Hasan repeatedly said: 'Muslims should rise up against the aggressors.'
    So they let him not only stay in the biggest military camp in the world, but also let him be around firearms?? Unbelievable.

Even the muslin chaplin interviewed on Nightline last night didn't pick up on it. Again-Majors do not get harrassed! He could have them thrown in jail. The chaplin spoke of gentle teasing,as they all get. Like Baptist can't drink,Muslims can't eat pork,etc. This guy just plain snapped and I feel so bad for his Mother.

Looks like he didn't want to deploy.

Seems like his family is playing up the 'muslim harrassment' angle as if it's some form of "legit excuse" for him 'snapping.' If anything I'm more inclined towards some form of ribbing as per McJag above, and if he was outspoken as per Wiseguy's post above, then I have no sympathies at all.

Again looks like another one that had no qualms about having the government pick up his tab for his education and training, but when it came time to deploy, looked for an easy way out.

As we speak Dateline and company are probably drooling at the aspect of getting the first interview of this character as soon as he is stable in the hospital. 1000 percent positive his first statements are about being oh so horribly 'discriminated against' for being muslim so he snapped.

So predictable.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information