Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shooting at Ft. Hood Army Base kills 7, 12 wounded...

Sounds to me like he just went off the deep end. Everyone here has calmed down about it and just finds it just sad & awful for those families involved. Still asking for blood,so a lot of repair work going on.

Oh-yes, Ft. Hood is nice,but avoid in the summer.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Sounds like a dude that just went off for his own dumb reasons.

It's like any other mass shooter that has happened these past few years the only difference is it took place on an army base so there's that different 'sensationalism' to it.

Ironically, this is just as case of a psychiatrist who snapped. But after Fox News gets done firing up the right-wing it will be another 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    His accomplice could be Charles Malik Whitfield:
    Charles Malik Whitfield
    If you squint really, really hard while wearing a tin foil hat, the name Malik could read as 'Death to the infidels.'

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Ironically, this is just as case of a psychiatrist who snapped. But after Fox News gets done firing up the right-wing it will be another 9/11.

If you squint really, really hard while wearing a tin foil hat, the name Malik could read as 'Death to the infidels.'

Backwards, it's 'kilaM', whoch sound like 'kill 'em'...

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    From what I've seen so far, Fox has been playing it fairly straight. However, that may be because Shepherd Smith has been doing the initial hosting.

I think my wife's best friend may have worked with this guy. My wife's friend counsels returning soldiers at Walter Reed. But my wife hasn't been able to get in touch with her friend since this happened.

We have a cousin and her kids living just outside that base. They are thankfully all fine.

Very sad. I was stationed there, met my husband there, had my daughter there.

I'm a bit surprised, happily so, that this doesn't happen more often.
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post

Backwards, it's 'kilaM', whoch sound like 'kill 'em'...
    That sign sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    From what I've seen so far, Fox has been playing it fairly straight. However, that may be because Shepherd Smith has been doing the initial hosting.

I think my wife's best friend may have worked with this guy. My wife's friend counsels returning soldiers at Walter Reed. But my wife hasn't been able to get in touch with her friend since this happened.
    Give Fox News some time. Outside of Smith, that entire network is devoted to distorting the facts.

But I wonder if the other shooters were patients of the crazy psychiatrist and he managed to manipulate them into taking part in this. Whatever the backstory, this entire thing is just one big tragedy.

Commander at Ft. Hood just stated at the press conference that the shooter is not dead as reported, but wounded. Let this guy burn IMO.
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

So now they are saying he is not dead? Is he or isnt he?
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    So now they are saying he is not dead? Is he or isnt he?
    Commander confirmed previous reports of the shooter were incorrect. He is not deceased, he is alive but wounded.

On a good note, the officer also previously reported deceased is also alive, condition unknown at this time as far as I know.
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

He's not dead, one of the first responders shot him, he shot her, they're both out of surgery and stable.

Apparently, he was being harassed and bullied for being a muslim, and was trying to get out of the army because the environment had become too hostile.

Looks like he finally lost his shit. I hope he shot his tormenters.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think this dude was making weird statements and threats on message boards, sympathizing with suicide bombers and things of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    He's not dead, one of the first responders shot him, he shot her, they're both out of surgery and stable.

Apparently, he was being harassed and bullied for being a muslim, and was trying to get out of the army because the environment had become too hostile.

Looks like he finally lost his shit. I hope he shot his tormenters.
    Ya know-not many army people would have the nerve to hassle a Major & MD-even if he had been a Satanist! I find that nearly impossible. Besides,the tolerance of religions across the board is beautiful on military posts,as a rule. I find that really hard to believe-guess we'll see. Lots more will be coming out.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

whered you hear that
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information