Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shooting at Ft. Hood Army Base kills 7, 12 wounded...

Being a sadist, I lurked over at FreeRepublic (aka One of the Four Corners of Net Hell) and they claim that-surprise-Muslims terrorists were responsible since the Major was a muslim convert. Ugh I don't even want to repeat the things they're saying about Obama and Muslims in general.

Sad news for the families who lost this sons/daughters today, on a bas no less.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    No president, no matter who they are, is responsible for the crazy actions of ordinary American citizens.
    Yeah but Obama is a Muslim terrorist sympathiser, you can tell from his name.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Yeah but Obama is a Muslim terrorist sympathiser, you can tell from his name.
    The sad part is, there are people who believe that 100% Obama needs to change his name to Barry Horace O'Connor.

O'Connor? An Irishman?! Oh HELLS no, not after them dang-blasted Kennedy's.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He can just say he's 'black' Irish on his father's side.

Evidently this Malik guy was had an MD, he was a mental health psychiatrist, and was being deployed to Iraq (probably for the second time). No word yet on the others. This is so incredibly sad.

I got really, really pissed that on CNN they were trying to determine if this was a "terrorist attack." It WAS a terrorist attack. What, does it only matter once we get clarification if he was a Muslim or not, and if that played into his evil plans? If he turns out to be Christian it will just be an "unfortunate event"? Much like the guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum this year, once he wasn't a Muslim then it was no longer referred to in the news as a terrorist attack - it really pisses me off.

Also someone was saying that Malik is a "Muslim name" - which it is, but not exclusively. He may be Muslim, but you can't tell solely by his name. Its an arabic name that has also been used by several African-Americans. The other day I met a man named Ahmed (short for Mohammad) who had a cross hanging from his neck. He probably is a Muslim but its dumb to just infer it from his name because its arabic.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

WOW. How extremely sorry for all the victims involved.

WTF is this shit about? Sickening.

Its really bizarre. It almost sounds like a man who snapped - he worked as a mental health physician in the post traumatic stress ward and was going to be deployed again and killed the men who were preparing to be deployed *my apologies if this is wrong, this is what I'm picking up from CNN* but then there are supposedly "more shooters" which doesn't make sense. Its so unbelievably tragic and I'm trying to make sense of it all. They think he served before in Iraq. I'm not sure yet of other details, he was evidently very well-educated here in the U.S. from what I understand, he was a doctor.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

A*O

I wouldn't rely on CNN for anything. Fox "News" is going to have the biggest hardon of all time over this one.
    Dame Edna Everage

This incident reminded me of that scientist they arrested in Europe for plotting with terrorists.

Big Bang scientist 'admits plotting Al Qaeda atrocity'

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Evidently this Malik guy was had an MD, he was a mental health psychiatrist, and was being deployed to Iraq (probably for the second time). No word yet on the others. This is so incredibly sad.

I got really, really pissed that on CNN they were trying to determine if this was a "terrorist attack." It WAS a terrorist attack. What, does it only matter once we get clarification if he was a Muslim or not, and if that played into his evil plans? If he turns out to be Christian it will just be an "unfortunate event"? Much like the guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum this year, once he wasn't a Muslim then it was no longer referred to in the news as a terrorist attack - it really pisses me off.

Also someone was saying that Malik is a "Muslim name" - which it is, but not exclusively. He may be Muslim, but you can't tell solely by his name. Its an arabic name that has also been used by several African-Americans. The other day I met a man named Ahmed (short for Mohammad) who had a cross hanging from his neck. He probably is a Muslim but its dumb to just infer it from his name because its arabic.
    Exactly. But, just in case, Homeland Security better keep a close eye on actor Malik Yoba. His ashy lips could be a cover for anthrax.

Officials: 11 killed, plus gunman, in Fort Hood shootings

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    -NEW: Source: Slain gunman identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a psychiatrist
    -NEW: Senator says she was told soldiers were filling out paperwork to go overseas
    -More than one shooter may have been involved, Fort Hood spokesman says
    -Two of the 31 injured were in "very serious" condition

(CNN) -- Eleven people plus a gunman were dead and 31 wounded after the gunman opened fire Thursday on a soldier-processing center at Fort Hood, Texas, officials said.

The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, Army Lt. Gen. Bob Cone said.

The slain gunman was identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, a law enforcement source told CNN. Licensed in Virginia, Hasan was a psychiatrist who previously worked at Walter Reed Army Medical Center but more recently was practicing at Darnall Army Medical Center at Fort Hood, according to professional records.

Ten of the other dead also were soldiers, while the remaining one was a civilian police officer who was working as a contractor on the base, Cone said.

Two of the injured were in "very serious" condition, Fort Hood spokesman Christopher Hogue said.

More than one shooter may have been involved, Cone said.

"All the casualties took place at the initial incident, that took place at 13:30 [1:30 p.m. CT], at the soldier readiness facility," Cone said.

The primary shooter had two weapons, both handguns, he said.

"The local police response forces were there relatively quickly and killed the confirmed shooter," Cone said.

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said she was told that the soldiers at the readiness facility "were filling out paper processing to go to Iraq or Afghanistan," according to CNN affiliate KXAN in Austin, Texas.

A senior officer who was playing golf Thursday about 2.5 miles from the attack said he witnessed the arrest of one of the two surviving suspects.

Shortly after the shooting, military police told him to clear the course, and he saw other MPs surround the building that held the golf carts, he said. He ducked into a nearby house for cover as 30 to 40 cars carrying MPs approached, he said.

A congressional aide said he was on the post to attend a graduation service when he saw a soldier with blood on his uniform near the building where the service was being held, the Austin American-Statesman reported.

Greg Schannep, an aide to U.S. Rep. John Carter, said the soldier ran past him and said a man was shooting. He said the soldier appeared to be injured in a shoulder, the American-Statesman reported.

President Obama called the shootings "tragic" and "a horrific outburst of violence." He expressed his condolences for the shooting victims.

"These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk, and at times give, their lives to protect the rest of us on a daily basis," Obama said. "It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas. It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil."

Officials at Fort Hood, which is the Army's largest U.S. post, were asking people there to stay away from windows, CNN affiliate KXXV said. The incident took place at the sports dome, now known as the soldier readiness area, the station reported.

The Army has asked the FBI to look into the background of the suspects, Cone said.

On the Fort Hood Web site, the word "closed" is posted with the statement, "Effective immediately, Fort Hood is closed. Organizations/units are instructed to execute a 100 percent accountability of all personnel."

Fort Hood, with about 40,000 troops, is home to the Army's 1st Cavalry Division and elements of the 4th Infantry Division, as well as the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment and the 13th Corps Support Command. It is located near Killeen, Texas.

At least 25,000 people are at Fort Hood on any given day, an Army spokesman at the Pentagon said.

Fort Hood is home to the Warrior Combat Stress Reset Program, which is designed to help soldiers overcome combat stress issues.

In June, Fort Hood's commander, Lt. Gen. Rick Lynch, told CNN that he was trying to ease the kind of stresses soldiers face. He has pushed for soldiers working a day schedule to return home for dinner by 6 p.m., and required his personal authorization for anyone working weekends. At the time, two soldiers stationed there had committed suicide in 2009 -- a rate well below those of other posts.

Find this article at:
    Officials: 11 killed, plus gunman, in Fort Hood shootings - CNN.com

A*O

My guess is that the shrink just flipped out. I happens unfortunately. I highly doubt there was any "terrorist" agenda but that won't stop the media hysteria.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    This incident reminded me of that scientist they arrested in Europe for plotting with terrorists.

Big Bang scientist 'admits plotting Al Qaeda atrocity'

Exactly. But, just in case, Homeland Security better keep a close eye on actor Malik Yoba. His ashy lips could be a cover for anthrax.

His accomplice could be Charles Malik Whitfield:
    Charles Malik Whitfield

Okay, this idiot joins the army and gets pissed off because he's being deployed to Iraq? Um, war happens and that is where the military is sent you dimwit. Oh, maybe because he was a major and a psychiatrist he thought he would never be deployed?

Who knows. He's dead so we won't ever have the full story. I wish he would have just shot himself and left everyone else out of his problems.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I wonder if hubby would know this guy-he just spent 4 years working in the Chaplains office at Walter Reed and worked very closely with a lot of the Psychiatrists there...when he gets home I will ask. I feel so bad for the families. I have a special connection to Ft. Hood, hubby was deployed from there his first time, and our son was born there. One of my favorite previous posts.

That is a large, very large base. Hopefully if there is a 3rd person out there, they find him before dark. There is no telling where he would go after that.
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information