Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shooting at Ft. Hood Army Base kills 7, 12 wounded...

Few more updates:
    12 dead, 31 wounded. One shooter was killed. 2 others captured. One shooter has an Arabic name.
    Confirmed from General's news conference on MSNBC.

Scott & White Hospital, where the casualties will be taken, is calling for donations of all blood types. - From Fort Hood sentinal

Lt. Gen is now saying these were soldiers. The shooters were soldiers. He said they are all devasted.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

God rest the souls of all those who gave their lives today in this bloodbath. I have a feeling the death toll hasn't reached its peak yet.

Truly terrible, now American troops not only fear the 'enemy' thousands of miles away, but their own in uniform.

Truly a horrible trend going on.

Obama is addressing it on national TV right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Oh my god, that's a scary thought.
    Even scarier is that they said that one of the shooters was an Army major. To think that somebody can get that rank and then be part of a plot to go on a shooting rampage is amazing.

And they were reportedly using 9mm handguns! WTF?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Obama is addressing it on national TV right now.
    And unfortunately this will reflect poorly on him, especially since so many people were already concerned about some of his political associations (many radical folks he has been connected to and still is) and there were people who doubted his ability to be tough on terrorists. He has been criticized for being apologetic about America and if he isn't damn tough on this and in a major way (hello, Afghanistan???) this will harm his credibility as a leader or Commander in Chief. Whether anyone thinks it should or not, it will. Of course he is not directly responsible but he cannot afford to appear soft on shit like this, not at all.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

The suspected gunman was identified as Major Malik Nadal Hasan. He was killed and two other suspects have been apprehended, Lt. Robert W. Cone said

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    And unfortunately this will reflect poorly on him, especially since so many people were already concerned about some of his political associations (many radical folks he has been connected to and still is) and there were people who doubted his ability to be tough on terrorists. He has been criticized for being apologetic about America and if he isn't damn tough on this and in a major way (hello, Afghanistan???) this will harm his credibility as a leader or Commander in Chief. Whether anyone thinks it should or not, it will. Of course he is not directly responsible but he cannot afford to appear soft on shit like this, not at all.
    Some U.S troops go on a shooting rampage on an Army base and somehow it reflects on Obama's ability to deal with terrorists? On what planet? The only people that would even think to make that connection are people who want to blame Obama for everything. Namely, the Rush Limbaughs of the world.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Some U.S troops go on a shooting rampage on an Army base and somehow it reflects on Obama's ability to deal with terrorists? On what planet? The only people that would even think to make that connection are people who want to blame Obama for everything. Namely, the Rush Limbaughs of the world.
    I should clarify that I was referring to if this turned out to be some type of terrorist related attack rather than some randome guy gone psycho. I am not one to blame Obama for everything, and I also was not one to blame George Bush for every bad thing that happened in the world even though I detested his regime and ideology to the core. But when you are President and some type of internal terrorist attack happens (if that is what happened), of course you and your leadership is going to be closely scrutinized. That would be the same for any President.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a Major! He had been in a long time. Sad.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Alright GR Texas team- please spread this ASAP via Twitter / FB / whatever to all your friends in the area.

Urgent Need for Blood Donations
    Due to the recent events on Fort Hood, we are in URGENT need of ALL blood types.

Please come to Scott & White Blood Donor Center and donate blood as soon as possible.

Temple, TX 76508
    In the main hospital, go to McLane Dining Room, room 115.

Open today until at least 7 p.m. and you can contact us at 254-724-4376 if you need any assistance on determining your eligibility to donate."
    http://www.sw.org/web/patientsAndVisitors

A*O

We are being told the incident happened around the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder facility.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I should clarify that I was referring to if this turned out to be some type of terrorist related attack rather than some randome guy gone psycho. I am not one to blame Obama for everything, and I also was not one to blame George Bush for every bad thing that happened in the world even though I detested his regime and ideology to the core. But when you are President and some type of internal terrorist attack happens (if that is what happened), of course you and your leadership is going to be closely scrutinized. That would be the same for any President.
    But what would Obama's past 'radical' associations have to do with this current tragedy? That's the part that didn't make sense.

And Columbine, Oklahoma City and the abortion clinic/doctor murders in the 90's didn't reflect on Clinton's ability to protect against terrorists attacks and those incidents were all domestic terrorism. No president, no matter who they are, is responsible for the crazy actions of ordinary American citizens.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information