Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: The shooting of 17 yr old Trayvon Martin

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Seapharris, I do apologize to you for being so rude. I admit I'm a bit too emotionally invested in this case and I saw that picture circulated on a few other sites with commentary from people who were saying all sorts of nasty things about the kid ("the little n-word deserved it," etc.), so I was pretty damn irritated seeing the picture here, especially when it was proven that wasn't the same person in the picture.

Again, I apologize for jumping the gun and attacking you.
    Apology accepted. I apologize if it offended anyone, I'm just getting sick of the media shoveling it down everyone's throat... Heightening emotions & stirring the pot to an already stressed country.

I do believe the police have ruin the case... and the law really needs to be looked at & revised. I think this will end horribly, a jerk high powered lawyer will volunteer to defend Zimmerman just for the publicity & get off on a technicality. That's even if it makes it to trial... I remember Casey Anthony all too well.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That's total bullshit, there is no way in hell he was 5-7 in that first pic. That's just ignorant racists trying to paint this boy as a thug. OMFG he got suspended from school and got caught with a joint, what a hardened criminal he must be! Please, they suspended a goddamned kindergartner for hugging a classmate because it was "sexual harassment". A middle schooler got fucking expelled for having a water gun fight onthe playground. They suspend kids for fucking nothing these days.
    Actually I think it was an empty baggie with pot residue or something - not even a joint. The over sensitivity to certain situations (like you mentioned) seems well intended, but overbearing... I get the zero tolerance for drugs, most schools have that & the same with weapons - but it shouldn't have been brought up. He wasn't smoking a joint when he was shot, and would it have mattered? Personally I'm actually pro-pot legalization anyway...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Even if that was him, what does a pic of someone posing like Avril Lavigne prove?
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Even if that was him, what does a pic of someone posing like Avril Lavigne prove?
    It doesnt prove anything other than what I've said... don't judge a book by it's cover.

Even if it was him, he definitely didnt need/deserve to die - this is an unnecessary tragedy. It's just pointing out that, had it been him, the media seems to be skewing the story & stirring the pot. I still say, an independent investigation into the incident needs to happen.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

^ Well done

The point is, dont judge a book by it's cover - period. We dont really know what happened since there are witnessing backing up both sides of the story. I personally believe Zimmerman was getting his ass beaten because you dont just hover around any guy & was butthurt about being whooped on. Wanted to prove he had a bigger dick & shot him...

But, the fault lies with the police. I'm not 100% sure they could have arrested him based on the stand your ground law - but why not take him to the station and get a written statement? Document the supposed injuries? I dont think that's assumption of guilt, it's just getting evidence.
    It doesnt prove anything other than what I've said... don't judge a book by it's cover.

Even if it was him, he definitely didnt need/deserve to die - this is an unnecessary tragedy. It's just pointing out that, had it been him, the media seems to be skewing the story & stirring the pot. I still say, an independent investigation into the incident needs to happen.
    Imma play devil's advocate for a minute! Let's say Trayvon was a little thug, and he punched the hell out of Zimmerman... Correct retaliation was to shoot him???
    You do not bring a gun to WATCH the neighborhood... Nor do you bring a gun to a fist fight!! People who try to justify Zimmerman stalking then murdering a teenager armed with skittles are hopeless!! I don't care if they showed a picture of him being breast fed by his mom or that he was suspended.. Zimmerman was wrong!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Yes, even if Trayvon got into a fight with this guy, there is no excuse for killing him. I don't care.

But nobody judged his appearance except Zimmerman. It doesn't matter what either party looked like. It matters what happened. There is no "narrative" that claims Zimmerman is a sad man who always wears orange. It doesn't matter what Trayvon might have done in school. Zimmerman wasn't sitting in his car with Trayvon's school disciplinary record in front of him. It's a pointless comparison.
    shedevilang likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Let's just say that is Trayvon in the bottom pic with Zimmerman next to him all nicely dressed and smiling.
    For all we know.... five seconds after the pic was taken, Trayvon's mom walked in, seeing her boy acting like a thug. Told him to pull up his pants, take off the cap, smacked him up on the back of the head and grounded him.
    Five seconds after the pic was taken, Zimmerman loosened the tie, took off the jacket and spewed racist crap at a nearby person.

This is the perfect example why we need to learn to not judge. Especially in a knee-jerk fashion.

Pics don't mean a thing. Truth does!

imho; After everything I have read and heard....
    Truth is Zimmerman is a paranoid trigger-happy racist who killed a defenseless boy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Great comments in the thread. What I don't understand is why the "stand your ground" law only is applying to Zimmerman here. It makes no sense. Why didn't Trayvon have the right to stand his ground and smack down Zimmerman for following him around as he was walking away?

I got equally angry during the Amadou Diallo case when media tried to spin it that the cops thought Diallo had a gun. SFW? Why is this spin always done that the white guy is the one who is in fear just because the other guy is black? Maybe Amadou Diallo thought that he was being mugged by three white guys and reacted in fear. He didn't have a gun. That doesn't mean he wasn't in fear of the others. Zimmerman looks like a creepy pedophile even in the smiling picture. He's walking around following this kid who doesn't know the neighborhood because he's new to it that day. So he's looking around. BFD. But it seems not to occur to those supporting Zimmerman that maybe Trayvon was in fear of Zimmerman. Only that Zimmerman was in fear of Trayvon. Why? Cause Trayvon was black.

What I love though is the way the media's effort to disparage Trayvon isn't flying with most people. I don't care if he was walking around with a gun in his waistband smoking a joint, Zimmerman was completely wrong in the way he handled it and because of this the kid is dead. He needs to go to jail.

What I find most compelling about this is how people are able to create these detailed narratives including the thoughts inside both shooter and victims heads, from incomplete information.

The facts as of now are: a man shot an unarmed teenager. It should be required by the law that he and his attorneys prove that he did so in self-defense. This law removes that.

It's interesting to me that there have been other fatal cases involving this law that have received absolutely no attention. It's the racial aspect that has gotten the country's attention here, for various reasons.

This is a ruling on another case under this law that was handed down just this week:

A judge has dismissed a murder charge against a man who chased and fatally stabbed a suspected thief, citing the same self-defense law at the center of the Trayvon Martin case.

The "stand your ground" law gives a lot of leeway to use deadly force instead of retreating during a confrontation.

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Beth Bloom ruled Tuesday that a bag of stolen car radios Pedro Roteta swung at Greyston Garcia amounted to a lethal threat. Bloom said Garcia "was well within his rights to pursue the victim and demand the return of his property."

Garcia went home instead of calling 911 after the confrontation in January and later hid the knife and sold two of the radios.

A prosecutor told the Miami Herald they would appeal the ruling.

Miami judge rules in 'stand your ground' case - Wire National News - The Sacramento Bee

Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 28th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Spike Lee Retweets Wrong Address For George Zimmerman, Residents Forced To Flee Home

"An elderly couple in Sanford, Florida is now living in fear after multiple people including director Spike Lee incorrectly tweeted their address as that of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, who is in hiding.

70-year-old Elaine McClain has a son named William George Zimmerman, who lived with her in 1995 and has no relation to the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed the unarmed Miami teen February 26, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

Elaine and her husband David McClain told Orlando's Local 6 that they received a letter addressed to George Zimmerman on Monday that read "taste the rainbow" in reference to the Skittles Martin was reportedly holding when he was shot.

The Sentinel reported that the McClains have since relocated to a hotel to avoid any more backlash.

The Smoking Gun traced the original tweet to Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old Los Angeles Twitter user who tweeted the incorrect address for "George W. Zimmerman" Friday with the message, "Everybody repost this."

Director Spike Lee, who has been outspoken about the Martin shooting, retweeted the address to his 240,000 followers. The tweet has since been removed, and Lee was unavailable for comment to the Hollywood Reporter.

Orange County court records for a widely-referenced 2005 battery charge against George Zimmerman show his middle name is Michael.

But late Tuesday night, Higgins still held that the address he sent out into Twitter was correct:
    @MACCAPONE
    MARCUS D.HIGGINS
    @SpikeLee THAT ADDRESS IS NOT WRONG THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE TO THINK THAT......
    March 28, 2012 2:37 am via web Reply Retweet Favorite
    William Zimmerman contacted Higgins to ask him to stop using his mother's address and got the response, "Black power all day. No justice, no peace" as well as an obscenity, according to the Sentinel report."

So.. they crucify Zimmerman for using vigilante justice and then turn around and do the same? And on top of that, it ends up putting innocent people in danger! And I've also read that the Black Panthers have a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman.

This has turned into a real shit show. Wow!

^^ This show helps no one it just makes things worse. It muddies the water and gives those who would defend Zimmermonster a platform.

Fuck Spike Lee, that is such an ignorant, reckless thing to do.

With the facts we have so far, some evidence supports Zimmerman's self-defense claim (under this retarded law), but a lot of the evidence doesn't. So how on earth could there not be probable cause to arrest?

Anyone else clue into the fact that Zimmerman's dad is a retired judge? And that one witness claimed the police officer corrected her when she said she heard Trayvon scream and tell her it was Zimmerman? I'd like the media to look into that stuff a bit more.
    laynes likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

US politicians will never let a chance to draw attention to themselves go by:

[YOUTUBE]SHti3NXpif8[/YOUTUBE]

Illinois Rep. Bobby Rush took the symbol of the Trayvon Martin protests from the street to the Capitol on Wednesday, getting ejected from the House floor for wearing a hoodie. It wasn't his political message that got him the boot, but rather a ban on hats inside the chamber, The Hill reports. Democratic lawmakers took up the Trayvon Martin case on Tuesday, hearing from Martin's parents before calling for an arrest of confessed shooter George Zimmerman.

Bobby Rush Booted From House Floor for Wearing a Hoodie - Politics - The Atlantic Wire
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

And now for the theater part of an important story.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Fuck Spike Lee, that is such an ignorant, reckless thing to do.

With the facts we have so far, some evidence supports Zimmerman's self-defense claim (under this retarded law), but a lot of the evidence doesn't. So how on earth could there not be probable cause to arrest?

Anyone else clue into the fact that Zimmerman's dad is a retired judge? And that one witness claimed the police officer corrected her when she said she heard Trayvon scream and tell her it was Zimmerman? I'd like the media to look into that stuff a bit more.
    I also heard that Spike skipped out on a Trayvon rally for a Knicks' game. Being a dumbass is one thing, but being a hypocritical dumbass takes the cake!

I did hear that about Zimmerman's Dad. I think his Mom or Sister also works in the court system??

IF this case ever gets to court.. good luck finding a non biased (in either direction) jury. The media has destroyed this on all sides.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information