Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 282
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: The shooting of 17 yr old Trayvon Martin

  1. #166
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    32,424

    Default

    Who is trying to make Trayvon culpable?

    Is asking for calm, and to see evidence victim blaming? Or does it just interfere with the festive lynch mob attitude?

    I want this man in jail, and I want these laws revoked, so spare me you're bullshit comments about spinning facts to make Trayvon culpable.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  2. #167
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,735

    Default

    Plain and simple!! No, 911 call helped me to my conclusion!! A fist and gun don't match up, no way, shape, or form!!

    Kid with skittles and tea, DEAD!! Man with Gun, ALIVE!!


    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  3. #168
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    32,424

    Default

    Convicted and sentenced without a trial.

    Isn't that what started this whole tragedy in the first place? Someone thought they were the law.

    It's an emotional case, but we can't let emotion rule the day.
    laynes likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  4. #169
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    48,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, a kid is dead, and that isn't right.

    But how does passing judgement without full evidence make that right?

    Don't you get it? There's never going to be full evidence because the fucking cops wouldn't investigate. The Feds weren't called in to investigate until that screaming mob you are so condescending of made enough noise to start an investigation.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  5. #170
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    32,424

    Default

    I get it. And I'm not condescending to the mob cries for justice. Just to the calls of 'String this motherfucker up right now, I've got a rope'. There's a vast difference to me.

    I think the man should have been arrested, and tried. I think these laws need to be changed. I don't think media lies and spin, race baiting on both sides, and every opportunist in the US jumping on it this for self promotion help. That's all.
    Lilliputian likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  6. #171
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    48,616

    Default

    And how exactly do you think justice will be done with tainted/tardy evidence? That's why the fuck people are pissed off. A boy is dead for going for a walk to buy candy and no one is EVER going to jail for it because the police wouldn't investigate. How exactly is justice to be done other than stringing the motherfucker up or making enough noise to ruin his life forever?
    monk likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  7. #172
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    32,424

    Default

    For this case, I don't think there ever will be real justice. I think that the emotion is so high, and this case has become so polarizing, that even when there is an arrest (I think there will be one coming) and trial, we'd end up with a hung jury.

    I think the feds can get a conviction on Zimmerman, on a civil rights violation. I think that may be the only way he sees jail. The Stand law is written with too much leeway, so that even at trial, these men walk. Like Joe Horn. Maybe this will be the case that forces changes to the law. It's not justice for this kid, but perhaps it will save some other people.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  8. #173
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Grown men going around with guns shooting teen aged boys because they "looked" suspicious is so outrageously wrong that when people start saying that we need to "be calm" about this I am blown away. I cannot believe how decent his parents have been through all of this. Any decent person would want George Zimmerman arrested for killing someone. There's no question he killed someone. He should have been arrested. You don't "not arrest someone" because they say say they were "standing their ground" That's for the courts to decide, not the cops and not George Zimmerman and not the fourth estate.

  9. #174
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,951

    Default

    "You don't "not arrest someone" because they say say they were "standing their ground" That's for the courts to decide, not the cops and not George Zimmerman and not the fourth estate. "

    Seems to me that the cops in this particular case DID make that call, didn't they? So, apparently that IS how it works in Florida due to this "Stand Your Ground" law. I agree with Greys in that we will likely NEVER see justice for this killing. This law needs to be changed so that this can never happen again... but I'd also like to see some justice in THIS case. Fair justice - like WCG is saying - but I don't think we're going to get that either.
    monk likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  10. #175
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I agree that this is causing a lot of confusion. For me it seems contrary to due process that cops can make a call not to arrest someone on some charge, manslaughter, etc if someone is shot. But I suppose it would be like not arresting someone during a car accident. I also agree this law needs to be changed.

  11. #176
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,291

    Default

    From what I'm reading, the NRA funds/sponsors most of these stand-your-ground laws. And they will either directly or surreptitiously enable George Zimmerman to have the best criminal attorney money can buy, when he is charged. And George Zimmerman will walk.

  12. #177
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    From what I'm reading, the NRA funds/sponsors most of these stand-your-ground laws. And they will either directly or surreptitiously enable George Zimmerman to have the best criminal attorney money can buy, when he is charged. And George Zimmerman will walk.
    I hope you're wrong but I fear that you're right. And for me, it hinges on one thing: how do you prove you were/weren't scared? How can you prove that you were having feelings or emotions like that? This guy is fucking scum in my book and I hope he goes to jail but ... I fear that he won't.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  13. #178
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I hope you're wrong but I fear that you're right. And for me, it hinges on one thing: how do you prove you were/weren't scared? How can you prove that you were having feelings or emotions like that? This guy is fucking scum in my book and I hope he goes to jail but ... I fear that he won't.
    This incident reminded me a lot of what happened with Harlon "Bullethead" Carter, who was considered one of the most influential heads of the NRA, in terms of membership growth, etc.

    When he was 17, he was in a dispute with some Mexican kids in his neighborhood. Carter shot a 15-year-old boy in the chest with a shotgun and killed him. Carter actually went on trial for murder, and was convicted. However, the conviction was overturned on appeal because the judge had given the jury improper instructions on "self defense". Carter managed to keep people from digging into his past about this decades later, because he changed one letter in his first name shortly after he was released.

    But, anyway, it had similar elements - racial conflict, teenaged kids, what constitutes self defense, etc. In my opinion, the NRA is playing a long game in trying to tilt the legal advantage toward trigger-happy gun owners.

  14. #179
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    32,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    From what I'm reading, the NRA funds/sponsors most of these stand-your-ground laws.
    I'm shocked!

    Seriously though, these laws are a license to kill, and have already allowed too many people to do so. It's completely different than defending your home.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  15. #180
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm shocked!

    Seriously though, these laws are a license to kill, and have already allowed too many people to do so. It's completely different than defending your home.
    Hey! I feel kind of threatened by that statement. [Goes to grab uzi.]

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cumbria shooting rampage
    By DolceVita in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
  2. Punching, punching, shooting, bitch, punching shooting...
    By Grimmlok in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 8th, 2010, 07:49 PM
  3. Ten die in Alabama shooting spree
    By Honey in forum News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: March 11th, 2009, 01:06 PM
  4. Apple Martin 'more polite' than Chris Martin
    By Honey in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: December 24th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •