Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: The shooting of 17 yr old Trayvon Martin

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    In our neighborhood, it was the neighborhood patrol's job to confront anyone who they didn't recognize or who looked suspicious. They were expected to stop that person and ask who they were or what they were doing. So, I absolutely don't think Zimmerman was out of line initially for confronting Trayvon, especially if there had recently been robberies in the neighborhood as reported earlier. It's his job as a volunteer watchman.

I don't think the sensationalized version of this event that's been splashed all over the media is particularly accurate or representative of what really happened. Especially now that it's being revealed that 911 tapes were doctored to take Zimmerman's statements completely out of context and/or mix and match them in order to pass of him off as a racist.
    Except that it wasn't his job, no one hired him or asked him to do. Where the hell is your neighborhood and who the fuck's right is it to stop and harrass another person in the street because the didn't recognize someone. That's some seriously twisted shit.
    monk, sluce, stef and 1 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    That's not the entire transcript. The actual 911 call is much longer, over 8 minutes. It's on Youtube.

[YOUTUBE]LLtKCC7z0yc[/YOUTUBE]

He murdered them. The 911 call makes it clear that shooting them was his intention from the beginning, even when he was safely inside his own home. That's not covered under 'stand your ground' or 'castle doctrine'.

Defending your life and acting like Charles Bronson in Death Wish aren't the same.
    I dont dispute that, nor will I claim he didnt do it because they're Mexican. Just think about the kind of people you get on a jury... people that probably dont want to be there (or drag it out forever) and/or those who weren't smart enough to get out of it. A good lawyer could have easily convinced people an older gentleman was "in fear for his life" & protecting property against two men in the middle of committing a crime....

I think that's the kind of argument you're gonna get in this case. I can already see it now, Zimmerman was just questioning the strange behaving young man & he attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman, out of fear for his life, shot him... not saying I agree, I just think that's how it's gonna play out - IF they even take it to trial.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Again why is it ok to leave your house with A gun...start trouble then shoot someone because you wrote a fucking check that your ass could not cash!?!? And if you are going to claim that you were beat up..there should be a medical record of said injuries!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

In our neighborhood, it was the neighborhood patrol's job to confront anyone who they didn't recognize or who looked suspicious. They were expected to stop that person and ask who they were or what they were doing.
    Where do you live, the Warsaw ghetto?!

So does the neighborhood watch literally stop everyone they don't recognize? How do they decide who looks suspicious?

If they think someone might be dangerous, how does it make any sense to approach that person and ask what they are doing instead of calling the police?

That's what I don't get about the Trayvon Martin case. Even if Zimmerman thought Trayvon looked suspicious or "up to something," why did he leave the safety of his car to confront him? I know that's at the heart of Stand Your Ground--that you're not obligated to try to remove yourself from the situation--but whatever happened to Common Fucking Sense?
    shedevilang, monk, *DIVA! and 3 others like this.

Ya'll are bringing common fucking sense to the argument ya'll know damn well that is not allowed
    greysfang and kalirga like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

and trying to insert common sense into a thread involving Florida???
    aggie and Seapharris7 like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    and trying to insert common sense into a thread involving Florida???
    just plain cray cray
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Where do you live, the Warsaw ghetto?!

So does the neighborhood watch literally stop everyone they don't recognize? How do they decide who looks suspicious?

They use the Pantone chart.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

In our neighborhood, it was the neighborhood patrol's job to confront anyone who they didn't recognize or who looked suspicious. They were expected to stop that person and ask who they were or what they were doing. So, I absolutely don't think Zimmerman was out of line initially for confronting Trayvon, especially if there had recently been robberies in the neighborhood as reported earlier. It's his job as a volunteer watchman.

I don't think the sensationalized version of this event that's been splashed all over the media is particularly accurate or representative of what really happened. Especially now that it's being revealed that 911 tapes were doctored to take Zimmerman's statements completely out of context and/or mix and match them in order to pass of him off as a racist.
    He didn't do that though. That's why he's 100 percent wrong in this case. If he thought Trayvon was suspicious he should have approached him and told him he was from the neighborhood watch and asked him who he was.

Zimmerman is the one who sensationalized the whole thing to the point of death by pretending he was in some cloak and dagger movie. He should have waited for the cops and stood down. If he did confront Trayvon he should have told him he was a neighborhood watch guy.

I fail to see why the "stand your ground" law applies to George Zimmmerman and not Trayvon. Why didn't Trayvon have the right to stand his ground?

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    He didn't do that though. That's why he's 100 percent wrong in this case. If he thought Trayvon was suspicious he should have approached him and told him he was from the neighborhood watch and asked him who he was.

How do you know he didn't? You would be the third person on earth to know what words were spoken between them. And one of the other two is no longer on earth.

This case is a travesty, but the supposition by everyone is just making it worse. A nation of fucking Nancy Graces.
    Lilliputian and Seapharris7 like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Because Zimmerman never said he did. And the 911 call which was running until he was shot, did not show that he did this. The 911 call shows Zimmerman basically stalking the kid and following him without revealing himself.

Gee, would that be the same 911 call that NBC doctored?

And you haven't been provided with full details about what Zimmerman said. No one has.

In the absence of complete evidence, inflammatory comments and belligerent reactions will not help bring justice. An angry crowd should not be in charge.
    Lilliputian likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I haven't followed the case via television. I've only read what was in the papers. And I am not one to get swept up in hysteria. I tend to withhold judgment. But in this case it is a huge misunderstanding which I can see. But a kid is dead over this and that is not right.

Yes, a kid is dead, and that isn't right.

But how does passing judgement without full evidence make that right?
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's not about passing judgment. It's about looking at the facts. If Zimmerman had not approached the kid, he would not be dead. Zimmerman is the one who got it wrong and started the whole chain of events. Trying to spin the facts into creating a situation where Trayvon is somehow culpable in this is very wrong.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information