Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Seven dead in shooting near UC Santa Barbara

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Yeah it looks like they've took bikini pictures from Facebook of a girl who knew him when she was 10 and he was 12 and are plastering them all over the place. Why don't they just paint a target on her and have done with it? What is equally shocking is the number of commentators who are saying that SHE should have been nicer to HIM and that maybe she bullied him! Those are moderated comments too, so I don't want to think what sort of shit didn't make it through. FFS!
    Rusalka and *Kat* like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I don't understand how this is being turned into a gun issue, other than he shouldn't have owned any guns or had any access to them but he did because he'd never been involuntarily committed. His parents even reported the disturbing videos. Gun or not this guy also stabbed 3 people to death and injured multiple people with his vehicle. This isn't about gun control, it's about mental health and entitlement.
    I think the reason it's about gun control, beside the fact that this guy should never have had access to guns of any kind, is the fact that apparently, he was unable to purchase an assault-type weapon in California. Someone interviewed on CNN said that he was statutorily unable to buy one and that it probably limited the amount of people he was able to kill. While this guy killed three people with a knife, I like my chances a lot better against someone with a knife than against someone with multiple guns.

A*O

OK, so what is the process for buying a gun in the US? I know there's no "licensing" as such where you have to prove you have a legitimate reason to own one but can you really just walk off the street into a random gun shop with ID (?) and buy your weapon of choice? Are there restrictions on the type/calibre gun you can legally own?
    Kirsten89 likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    OK, so what is the process for buying a gun in the US? I know there's no "licensing" as such where you have to prove you have a legitimate reason to own one but can you really just walk off the street into a random gun shop with ID (?) and buy your weapon of choice? Are there restrictions on the type/calibre gun you can legally own?
    It depends on the state. Some states require a license, others don't. Some states have limitations on the kinds of guns you can purchase. You don't even have to register your weapon in certain states. In general, yes, you can walk into a shop with a license and buy a gun. There's a waiting period and in some states a background check. I've heard that gun shows are a great place to avoid those types of things.

My state is one of the strictest ones. You have to take a class, background checks, get a license, waiting periods, etc. My state is also where an elementary school got shot up by a psycho (Newtown / Sandy Hook).
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    My state is one of the strictest ones. You have to take a class, background checks, get a license, waiting periods, etc. My state is also where an elementary school got shot up by a psycho (Newtown / Sandy Hook).
    Using his mom's guns. The problem was that the mom was a psycho, too, but a more subtle one who slipped through the cracks.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

If this little shit truly had the motivation I'm sure he could have gotten the money to illegally obtain assault weapons and I still question why he didn't, was he just that useless? I personally could make a few phone calls, be patient and be able to purchase an illegal gun and/or assault rifle. So I find it interesting that all this guy had on him (from what I read) was a .22.

This is guy stabbed 3 people to death and he injured people with this car. He still managed to off himself with his gun. Current gun control didn't save anyone, and I don't think it killed anyone either.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

If this little shit truly had the motivation I'm sure he could have gotten the money to illegally obtain assault weapons and I still question why he didn't, was he just that useless? I personally could make a few phone calls, be patient and be able to purchase an illegal gun and/or assault rifle. So I find it interesting that all this guy had on him (from what I read) was a .22.

This is guy stabbed 3 people to death and he injured people with this car. He still managed to off himself with his gun. Current gun control didn't save anyone, and I don't think it killed anyone either.
    Elliot Rodger was not able to buy anything more powerful than a 9 mm handgun because California bans the sale of assault weapons. It also bans magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. I think the reason why he bought three 9mm handguns (in a California gun store) was because he couldn't buy a more powerful weapon with a larger magazine. As a result, he bought three handguns and loaded them up. It meant he was firing something that was less accurate, less powerful, and fired less shots before he could reload it. I also read that the three 9mm guns he had could take magazines with up to 15 bullets, but only magazines holding 10 bullets are legally available.
    stella blue likes this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

There was nothing stopping him from getting more, the asshole was too psychotic, entitled, and lazy. He stabbed three people to death...those were convenient since they were his room mates.

the only reason this little fucker didn't go out of his way to get more fire power had nothing to do with the law but probably because he didn't want to get I trouble just in case. It would be nothing to take a weekend trip to another state.

The piece of shit still had a bullet for himself in the end because that's the only person he ever fucking thought about.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I cannot imagine why anyone would want to own a gun so to me the US is (in this respect at least) a freakish place. All the fear mongering, looking over your shoulder, the constant competition, the "i am bigger/better/stronger" attitude, bullying, along with the "i deserve it" mentality that is projected through the media (film, tv, news, reality, facebook etc) is seriously unhealthy sounding to me. Not saying it never happens elsewhere, don't get me wrong, it's just the matter of proportions.
    BelledeJour, Mivvi21 and Rusalka like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Yeah it looks like they've took bikini pictures from Facebook of a girl who knew him when she was 10 and he was 12 and are plastering them all over the place. Why don't they just paint a target on her and have done with it? What is equally shocking is the number of commentators who are saying that SHE should have been nicer to HIM and that maybe she bullied him! Those are moderated comments too, so I don't want to think what sort of shit didn't make it through. FFS!

POOR GIRL, she got dragged into this. Of course it is her fault
    I seen comment on the parents also. What else could they have done. They had called the police BEFORE, when they saw the you tubes and the police did nothing. But of course it is their fault as well. Every ones else's fault then the shooter I presume who just got provoked. Some people are born evil and there is nothing you can give or shouldn't give that will change them.

Can you imagine what he would probably have done to this girl if she agreed on going out and then decided he wasn't the one....
    Kittylady likes this.

I don't understand how this is being turned into a gun issue, other than he shouldn't have owned any guns or had any access to them but he did because he'd never been involuntarily committed. His parents even reported the disturbing videos. Gun or not this guy also stabbed 3 people to death and injured multiple people with his vehicle. This isn't about gun control, it's about mental health and entitlement.
    I'll vouch this expect the entitlement part. This kid was mentally ill. This is more a statement about the lack of knowledge, and treatment, for young adults who begin to present with mental illness, rich or poor.
    Rusalka likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I own a gun and enjoy shooting for sport. I also lived in Baltimore and had my apartment broken into multiple times, twice in the middle of the night while I was asleep. That shit'll make even the most liberal weiner (aka me) think about arming themselves.

I live in Texas now, and it's shocking what you can get here. I went to a gun show out of curiosity and nearly threw up. The weapons designed to do nothing more than slaughter - and all that was required was a short form, and you could walk out with military grade weapons. They also have no law against clip size, selling 50 round clips for 9mm handguns.

All this to say that the process to purchase weapons needs to be more closely scrutinized. No civilian needs military grade weapons and no one needs 50 round clips for their handguns. Or crazy ass hunting knives either. When I got my gun, I was able to do so with my temporary drivers license (which had no picture). That shit is crazy.

My gut reaction as I watched the video - girls weren't attracted to him because he was an effeminate young man, I thought he was gay. I think that teen girls know right away if a guy is a potential boyfriend or friend. He's a good looking guy, maybe the too pretty type, but I imagine everyone stayed away from him. On an average day I bet he came off as emotionally ill, angry and off putting.

Bronze Member

The media needs to see that higher ratings (with their 24-hour coverage) are not more important than having more mass shootings. What idiots like this want is infamy, and that is what the media gives them.

Also, apparently if women would just sleep with men indiscriminately, then they wouldn't go and commit mass murders:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC49...utu.be&t=3m46s

(sorry no embed cause the tag wont let me link to the direct time.)

I'm really disgusted to see so much of the above sentiment being thrown around the internet after this (as others have already stated.)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information