Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Seven dead in shooting near UC Santa Barbara

Gun nuts in the US are akin to zombies in the Walking Dead. Some kind of weird virus that has spread unchecked and it's too late to be eradicated
    BITTER and ManxMouse like this.

I read the whole damn manifesto. The kid just wasn't right. .

He had no clue how to interact with other human beings. He truly expected women to be attracted to him. Attracted like a magnet. He didn't approach them or talk to them - not even small talk. They were just supposed to come up to him and initiate contact. He would get all dressed up and go somewhere and wait for hours and then end up literally sobbing all the way home because women didn't approach him and declare their undying love/lust.

Everything is about visual perception and status and the world revolves around what he wants. He referred to his mother as selfish because she refused to marry some rich guy so that her son could be wealthy. She isn't a person, she is a provider of things. He needed to be wealthy to both attract a pretty blonde ("I want one.") and so he could rub his success in the faces of his "enemies".

Other people being successful infuriated him

The writing is repetitive. I have no idea how many times he described himself as magnificent.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's the price of freedumb!
    there, i fixed it for you.
    chartreuse and Rusalka like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hey now,sputty! Aren't you just a red-blooded amurrekan like the rest of us now? A yank, even!

You shall take part of the blame as long as you reside here.

srsly tho, freedumb indeed.
    sputnik likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Too bad this pathetic fuck was too weak to pull the trigger on himself BEFORE he pulled it on other people. Good riddance you waste of skin. Sorry you took the cowards way out and left a longer lasting impact on people and society than your already sad-sack existence ever could have without this act.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Aspies are no more prone to violence or psychosis than anyone else. Aspergers Syndrome isn't a mental illness, it's more a personality type and they are born that way. My Aspie daughter has NEVER shown any violent or antisocial behaviour, quite the opposite in fact. This guy obviously had a very disturbed, dangerous mind but you can't blame that on the AS.

I like "affluenza" BTW.
    Exactly, that's what I meant. This is the second or third time I've heard someone place the blame on Aspergers. I've never known an aspie to be violent or anti-social. My SO's relatives want to be extremely social, they just go about it in an odd fashion. The thing is, they don't see it that way. They're totally fine. Pretty much the epitome of Silicon Valley nerds Happy and smart.

The howling and wailing about gun control will fade away in a few days like it always does. While the US grants it's citizens, including nutters, the moral, legal and civil right to own a gun nothing will change and this will happen again and again. It's the price of freedom!
    I agree. It's never going to change. Unless someone goes and shoots up the head of the NRA's family or something. Of course, they probably pack heat in kindergarten.
    Kittylady and MmeVertigina like this.

One of my conservative facebook friends posted this. Oh, the idiocy..

Froogy: I read it too and wondered whether he was really attracted to women at all. Or if he felt like he needed to be attracted to women in order to fit in since that was the main theme of the manifesto, him not being one of the 'cool kids'. He describes sex in a dispassionate tone, but mostly it seems like he's revolted by it. The lack of empathy in his manifesto is disturbing. He did not love or feel anything for anyone besides himself, not even his parents or siblings(He's written that he wanted to kill his brother, and maybe his father too if he got in the way. He describes his mother as he describes most women, that she's subhuman, unevolved and stupid).

So these PUA guys want to sleep with attractive women, but are mad that attractive women want to sleep with men they find more attractive (maybe not just their looks), don't they see the irony here?
    Last edited by *Kat*; May 25th, 2014 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    One of my conservative facebook friends posted this. Oh, the idiocy..

Froogy: I read it too and wondered whether he was really attracted to women at all. Or if he felt like he needed to be attracted to women in order to fit in since that was the main theme of the manifesto, him not being one of the 'cool kids'. He describes sex in a dispassionate tone, but mostly it seems like he's revolted by it. The lack of empathy in his manifesto is disturbing. He did not love or feel anything for anyone besides himself, not even his parents or siblings(He's written that he wanted to kill his brother, and maybe his father too if he got in the way. He describes his mother as he describes most women, that she's subhuman, unevolved and stupid).

So these PUA guys want to sleep with attractive women, but are mad that attractive women want to sleep with men they find more attractive (maybe not just their looks), don't they see the irony here?
    See, that's what bothers the shit out of me. I still blame the person doing the shooting and not the gun, obviously it's not the guns fault, but there needs to be limits or controls or something. My right to live should outrank someones right to own an assault weapon. You hardly ever hear of someone going on a mass strangling spree. Even serial killers don't do it in sprees, it's methodical and spread out over time. Hey, I want to drive drunk down a residential street without speed limits while families are out walking. It's my right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I don't understand how this is being turned into a gun issue, other than he shouldn't have owned any guns or had any access to them but he did because he'd never been involuntarily committed. His parents even reported the disturbing videos. Gun or not this guy also stabbed 3 people to death and injured multiple people with his vehicle. This isn't about gun control, it's about mental health and entitlement.
    sluce likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

i think it's always good to have the gun control discussion but i totally agree that isn't the main thing here. what i'm seeing is the press playing down the gender violence aspect of this and trying to turn it into just an issue of gun control.
    yes, he was angry and violent and entitled but the main targets of this anger and hatred were women. because he felt entitled to have them and couldn't. so while his mental health is obviously an issue, the gender violence aspect needs to be highlighted because there are so many men out there who feel the same way. not that they're all going to go on a shooting rampage but it's still something that needs to be pointed out and addressed.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think it becomes a gun issue because of the ease in which the mentally ill can continue their massacres. Yes, we would still have three dead, but not the dozen or so others injured or the other 3 that are dead. You have to be up close and personal to stab someone and if it's done in a crowded area, chances are, he would have been stopped. With a gun, he was able to drive through the streets shooting, maiming, and killing.
    *Kat* and kasippu like this.

I just finished reading the 100+ page manifesto and all I can say is holy shit!
    I can't. I'm numb and shocked.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I think we've all met one of these so called "perfect gentlemen" at some point in our life. The kind of guy who holds the door, says please and thank you, very respectful verbally but there's just something about them that makes you want to go home and stand under a scalding shower for the rest of the evening. The one I knew was when I was a student and even had the nickname of "Creepy Joe". He was perfectly polite, listened to everything you said and so on and so on until you saw his eyes. He didn't look at you like he was undressing you, he looked at you like you were already naked and screaming and he was enjoying it. Urgh! The male students just dismissed him as a bit of a weirdo but the female students would avoid him like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    I don't know what to make of this, but some people are saying there might have been repressed homosexuality at play here because in one of his videos he insists "I'm attracted to girls" many times seemingly more to himself than to his audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I agree, the way he wrote about male on female sex as a disgusting act, made me think the exact same thing.
    I don't think he was interested in sex with anyone, except as a means of imprinting ownership. To him these hot female were another accessory, another trimming of Alpha dominance to go with the watch and the sunglasses and the car.

In all honesty this has shook me up for a number of reasons but mainly because he will become (if he hasn't already) a Messiah for those like-minded lunatics who believe that they are owed the cream of everything. I hope to hell that I'm wrong but I wouldn't be shocked if his sick, cowardly, revolting acts ultimately inspire another fucking fruitcake to make a stand against the evil of womankind.

And if these idiots didn't need any more encouragement the media is now looking for women who had any connection to this this filth at any point in his life to see if they are the one who rejected Rodgers and sent him on this rampage. These women and their families are now having to defend themselves against suggestions that they are horrible, bullying bitches who are partially responsible! /smh
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Not just the media but also the Internet weirdos who are calling out the women named in the manifesto and betting that these 'cunts' won't be held accountable for what they've done. Terrifying.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Not just the media but also the Internet weirdos who are calling out the women named in the manifesto and betting that these 'cunts' won't be held accountable for what they've done. Terrifying.
    Daily Fail is already on it. They've got a picture of woman that Rodger had a crush on when he was in the 8th grade on their home page (her current pictures). Yes, the 12 year old girl back then had the audacity to not fancy him! So lets paste her current pictures all over the internet painting her as a bully. Ugh.

KittyLady: I agree. Having a girl would have just been like having another one of his material possessions like his BMW or sunglasses. Maybe that's why he didn't pay for sex. Because then he couldn't do what he wanted to do the most. Show off his object to the cool kids, a girl.
    Last edited by *Kat*; May 26th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Kittylady likes this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information