Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: The Serial Killer Thread

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    At first, I thought Gacy might have had an accomplice - but his profession and technique seem to belie that. He tricked his victims into putting on real handcuffs (instead of the fake ones that he showed them at first). At that point, he would not need help subduing them. Because he had a construction company, he had all kinds of expertise at excavating around his basement without accidentally collapsing his whole house.

That being said, I was around 12 when they caught Gacy and I remember one of his intended victims being interviewed. It sounded like Gacy was cruising him on the street and complimenting him on his tan. And I could have sworn the guy said Gacy had someone with him when he tried to subdue the guy (out of his normal tactics of getting him alone at the house first). But my memory on that could be faulty.
    I guess there is a possibility that one of the guys he hired might have been as sick of a fuck as he was, and might have helped a few times. Of course, he could've killed that person to.

the hillside strangler was two guys.
    joebob and holly like this.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    Yep she died last summer. Her kids drained her financially and there has been accusations and speculation that the kids were basically committing elder abuse against her. It's really sad considering she made her name telling other women's stories, and then she ends up being abused and treated like crap by her own kids. (I don't think all of her kids were dicks, but she does have a son that was a big time moocher.)

Allan Blackthorn sends shivers up my spine. Her books were about some of the scariest mofo's on earth.
    Yes, when I googled earlier I saw something saying her sons were either charged or accused of embezzling $100k from her. If true, I agree, very sad. I used to read her blog and thought it was really cool the way she engaged with her fans and did updates on the people from her books.

The Dateline (or 48 Hours, not sure) episode I watched this morning had an epilogue saying Blackthorne died in prison in 2014 at the age of 59. Oh well. Wondering if he had any money left at that point and if so, I hope it went to his daughters.

One of my favorite Ann books wasn't about a serial killer or even a killer, it was The End of the Dream, about Scott Scurlock, the "Hollywood" bank robber. It was a little out of Ann's normal wheelhouse but obviously she found him a fascinating character. I did too.
    OCD likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I started taking serial killer nonfiction paperbacks from the library when I was 10 because the librarian gave me crap when I tried to check some out calling them "too adult". (Small town...) I would just slip them into my backpack, and then bring them back and set them on the shelf.

My spouse cooked dinner for Anne Rule on many occasions on her trips to the town we lived in. She was local and favorite true crime author. I have many signed books with personal inscriptions and an email from her. RIP

I had a professor that knew Ted Bundy and attended classes with him. Said he was totally normal, but was much too short for her taste.

As kids when we'd drive over bridges along the Green River we would get shivers. My childhood was filled with news reports of more bodies popping up, and of course the notorious Ted. WA state is like the home of the serial killer, though Dahlmer is the one that has fascinated me the most aside from Gein, and Gacy. It's common around these parts to hear tales from someone who knew one of these sons of bitches. I know a few people that worked at the same plant with the Green River Killer.

And my addition to the serial killer list is: Herbert Baumeister. Absolute sick freak, he was a closeted homosexual man, married with a family, and owned a successful business in town. One of his family members found a skull in the backyard and he laughed it off, and they didn't question it. He was doing rapey drug induced murders in his home, some poolside, and no one was the wiser....Picking up young men in gay bars and then commuting back to his pad where he'd extinguish the objects of his lust. He killed himself sadly, so he never got to experience any prison torture.

Herbert Richard Baumeister | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

His property and mansion was called Fox Hollow Farm. There are several films and documentaries about him. His wife is a very odd duck. Kind of "it's Pat" and asexual. During interviews she never even came off as giving two shits that her husband was a complete psycho. It takes a special kind I think to be married to a serial killer and choose not to know. I don't believe any of these wives were totally clueless, especially Gary Ridgeway's wife.
    I saw a Dateline episode on Baumeister years ago. I wanted to slap his wife. She appeared to have very little sympathy for her husband's victims or their families. It was all about what had happened to her and her family. Her husband raped and murdered men in the home that they lived in together. I think she knew more than she let on because her husband was a straight up freak and none of that leaked into their everyday life? Come on.
    OCD likes this.

They convicted the Grim Sleeper today, of 10 murders.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Gold Member

A death penalty sentence will probably be a slam dunk.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information