Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: The Serial Killer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Over 20 years ago, Mrs. Mo picked up a crime book on a guy who probably ranks as one of the worst serial killers of all time - and who is still kind of obscure. His name was Adolfo Costanzo.

He was born in the US but committed most of his murders in Mexico. He got his start being taught voodoo by his mom. Then, he struck out on his own. He became some kind of brujo for Mexican drug gangs, and would sacrifice all kind of exotic animals so that he could "cast a spell" to protect the gangs from their enemies of the cops. Eventually, he graduated to people for his sacrifices. Like Manson, he had a compound/farm where most of his followers lived, and where he could sacrifice helpless victims where nobody could hear them (the more they suffered and screamed, the more valuable the sacrifice). At first, the Mexican authorities ignored him because they erroneously thought that all of his victims were other drug traffickers. They finally got up off their butts after Mark Kilroy (American college student) was abducted and murdered. In the book, the author said that the authorities got a hold of one of Costanzos guys and squirted hot sauce up his nose and tell he coughed up everything on Costanzo.

Even Costanzo's capture and death was out of the ordinary - he went out like his namesake - Adolph Hitler. Machine gunned to death with his lover by an associate just as the police were closing in.
    I think I read this. Was it in Matamoros Mexico? Didn't he cook the bodies of his victims? Were there others "working" with him?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I think I read this. Was it in Matamoros Mexico? Didn't he cook the bodies of his victims? Were there others "working" with him?
    Yes, it was Matamoros, which is just south of Brownsville, TX. Which is how Constanzo was able to get his hands on Mark Kilroy - who had cross the border to drink during spring break. Sara Aldrete was Constanzo's priestess. She was captured alive and got 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yes, it was Matamoros, which is just south of Brownsville, TX. Which is how Constanzo was able to get his hands on Mark Kilroy - who had cross the border to drink during spring break. Sara Aldrete was Constanzo's priestess. She was captured alive and got 30 years.
    Oh, great. Thanks. I did read this. I remember it was so disturbing and scary. I wonder if Sara is still in jail? Or if 30 years means exactly that and she's still behind bars.

Oh, great. Thanks. I did read this. I remember it was so disturbing and scary. I wonder if Sara is still in jail? Or if 30 years means exactly that and she's still behind bars.
    In her wiki entry, it says she was originally given only six years. Then retried and given 30. It also says that if she ever gets out, she will be immediately tried in the US for her participation in the Mark Kilroy murder.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Plus he was a CLOWN!

That explains everything about Gacy. Everything. *shudders*

I was given a massive hard back book about Charles Manson for my birthday last year (Thank you MIL ) that went from his childhood through to the end of his trial. There are some people who are born wrong and he's one of them, but it was also fascinating to read about how he Stockholmed his already troubled 'Family' members through sleep deprivation, drugs and alternating viciousness with consideration.

On another note I don't know if this really belongs here but the one that gives me chills is the sheer number of women who have been brutally raped, tortured and murdered in and around Ciudad Juarez. So many women and yet so little action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female...ad_Ju%C3%A1rez
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I remember the murders in Matamoros vividly. They got a lot of press around here, with the drugs/black magic aspect, and it didn't hurt that two of the principals, Adolfo Constanzo and Sara Aldrete, were attractive people. Kind of like the Hispanic Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka.

Here they are:

And for balance, this is Mark Kilroy, the University of Texas student they killed. (Among others.)

panic likes this.

^aww, he had a sweet smile, that's so sad. Kind of looked like Matt Damon.
    panic, Trixie, BITTER and 5 others like this.

Are we sure Adolfo didn't get away and become Mark Cuban?
    BITTER and sluce like this.

aw, he looked so good natured and fun

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Plus he was a CLOWN!
    who performed for sick little kids in hospitals.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

Are we sure Adolfo didn't get away and become Mark Cuban?
    Agreed. As far as Bernardo and Homolka go, they were similar in that they were both depraved killers, but Constanzo and Aldrete were not a couple. Constanzo was gay and was shot and killed in a closet (ironically) with his lover when police surrounded the building he was hiding in.

There is a movie loosely based on the Matamoros murders called Borderland(s?) It's been on Netflix, I didn't quite make it through the end. Not a great film, but very grim, grimy, and unsettling of course.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

They weren't romantically or sexually involved, but they were also similar to Bernardo and Homolka in that Sara Aldrete encouraged and exacerbated the violence of the murders (Bernardo was a rapist on his own, but only killed in conjunction with Karla), and she was also originally believed to be less culpable in the crimes than she actually was. Constanzo used her as bait, and to reassure some of the victims, too, specifically Kilroy. (Again, like Bernardo and Homolka. It was Karla who lured Kristen French into the car, Karla who reportedly soothed both Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffey while they were captive, and, according to Paul Bernardo, it was Karla who killed both girls.)

Richard Ramirez, The Night Stalker. I was living in LA at the time Ramirez terrorized the city and people just stopped going out at night pretty much. Then one day he was spotted on the street and people just went crazy dragged him around and beat the shit out of him before the cops came...it was beautiful. He died in prison a couple of years ago of cancer. He wasn't as prolific as some of the other killers, but he really paralyzed the city.

On March 17, 1985, Ramírez attacked 22-year old María Hernández outside her home. He shot her before entering her house. Inside was Dayle Okazaki, age 34, whom Ramírez immediately shot and killed. Hernández survived. The bullet had ricocheted off the keys she held in her hands, as she lifted them to protect herself. Within an hour of killing Okazaki, Ramírez struck again in Monterey Park. He jumped 30-year-old Tsai-Lian Yu and pulled her out of her car onto the road. He shot her several times and fled. A policeman found her still breathing, but she died before the ambulance arrived. The two attacks occurring on the same day bolstered media attention, and in turn caused panic and fear among the public. The news media dubbed the attacker, who was described as having long curly hair, bulging eyes and wide-spaced rotting teeth, "The Walk-in Killer" and "The Valley Intruder".
    On March 27, Ramírez shot Vincent Zazarra, age 64, and his wife Maxine, age 44. Mrs. Zazzara's body was mutilated with several stab wounds and a T-carving on her left breast, and her eyes were gouged out. The autopsy determined that the mutilations were post-mortem. Ramírez left footprints in the flower beds, which the police photographed and cast. This was virtually the only evidence that the police had at the time. Bullets found at the scene were matched to those found at previous attacks, and the police realized a serial killer was on the loose. Vincent and Maxine's bodies were discovered in their Whittier home by their son, Peter.
    By this time, a multi-county police investigation was in operation. The law enforcement agencies worked through the month of April with no additional attacks by Ramírez. Two months after killing the Zazzara couple, Ramírez attacked a Chinese couple, Harold Wu, age 66, who was shot in the head, and his wife, Jean Wu, age 63, was punched, bound, and then violently raped. For unknown reasons, Ramírez decided to let her live. Ramírez's attacks were now in full throttle. He left behind more clues to his identity, and was named 'The Night Stalker' by the media. Survivors of his attacks provided the police with a description of a tall Hispanic and long dark haired man.
    On May 29, 1985, Ramírez attacked Malvial Keller, 83, and her disabled sister, Blanche Wolfe, 80, beating each with a hammer. Ramírez attempted to rape Keller, but failed. Using lipstick, he drew pentagrams on Keller's thigh and on the wall in the bedroom. Blanche survived the attack. The next day, Ruth Wilson, 41, was bound, raped, and sodomized by Ramírez, while her 12-year old son was locked in a closet. Ramírez slashed Wilson once, and then bound her and her son together, and left.

In June and July, three more women were killed. Two had their throats slit, one was beaten to death, and all three had their homes invaded in the process. On July 5 Whitney Bennett, age 16, survived being beaten with a tire iron. On July 7 Linda Fortuna, 63, was attacked and Ramírez tried to rape her, but failed. On July 20 he again struck twice. In Sun Valley he shot and killed a 32-year-old man, Chitat Assawahem, and his wife Sakima, 29, was beaten and forced to perform oral intercourse. Ramírez then collected valuables and proceeded to leave. Later in the same day a Glendale couple, Maxson Kneiding, 66, and his wife Lela, also 66, were shot and their corpses mutilated.
    On August 6 Ramírez shot both Christopher Petersen, 38, and his wife, Virginia, 27, in the head. Miraculously, they both survived. On August 8 Ramírez attacked a Diamond Bar couple, fatally shooting Ahmed Zia, 35, before raping, sodomizing, and forcing Zia's wife, Suu Kyi, 28, to perform fellatio on him. The description of their attacker fit the previous ones given for "The Walk-in Killer".
    Ramírez then left the Los Angeles area, and on August 17, he shot to death a 66-year-old man in San Francisco, also shooting and beating his wife. The wife survived her wounds and was able to identify her attacker as "The Walk-in Killer" from police sketches. Since "The Walk-in Killer" no longer fit the modus operandi of the attacker, the news media re-dubbed him the "Night Stalker".
    The next big break in the case came on August 24, 1985, Ramírez traveled 50 miles south of Los Angeles to Mission Viejo, and broke into the Mediterranean Village apartment of Bill Carns, 29, and his fiancée, Inez Erickson, 27. Ramírez shot Carns in the head and raped Erickson. He demanded she swear her love for Satan and afterwards, forced her to perform oral intercourse on him. He then tied her and left. Erickson struggled to the window and saw the car Ramírez was driving. She was able to give a description of both Ramírez and his orange Toyota station wagon. A teenager later identified the car from news reports and wrote down half its license plate number. The stolen car was found on August 28, and police were able to obtain one fingerprint that was on the mirror of the vehicle. The prints belonged to one Richard Muńoz Ramírez, who was described as a 25-year-old drifter from Texas with a long rap sheet that included many arrests for traffic and illegal drug violations.
    Two days later, his mugshots were broadcast on national television and printed on the cover of every major newspaper in California. The next day Ramírez was identified, surrounded, and severely beaten by an angry mob in East Los Angeles as he was trying to steal a car. Police had to break up the mob to prevent them from killing Ramírez.

Richard Ramirez | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers
    Last edited by Witchywoman; April 30th, 2016 at 01:40 AM.

^i've never been so proud of a mob before.

I am a serial killer "nut". I have been reading about them since I was like 10 years old. I still read everything I can find about them. I have no idea why I find them so fascinating, but I do! To me, the most horrendous and interesting killers are Randy Kraft and Albert Fish. Wanna stay awake at night for about 2 months? Google those bitches. They make Ted, John and just about everybody else look tedious.

Randy was the "first" homosexual serial killer (or at least the first one anyone had heard of at the time). Albert Fish is the reason nightmares exist.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information