Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: The Serial Killer Thread

Gold Member

Ted wasn't always normal in interviews.

The one he did in Colorado, shortly before his escape, was a clear picture of a psychopath lying and manipulating.

He looked like he was in dire need to strangle someone.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

^^ oh yeah, totally. or when he lost his "cool" in court (when they showed him the bite marks on one of his victims or something?). he usually came across as super manipulative and like an umpredictable prick, but yet charming. and everybody knows somebody like that. just like everybody knows a silent loner like dahmer.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ^^ oh yeah, totally. or when he lost his "cool" in court (when they showed him the bite marks on one of his victims or something?). he usually came across as super manipulative and like an umpredictable prick, but yet charming. and everybody knows somebody like that. just like everybody knows a silent loner like dahmer.
    But that interview was extra bad. He was basically telling everyone he was going to escape. And that he wasn't innocent.

His eyes looked black during the interview. Which reminded me that one of his friends growing up said that the dark specks in Ted's eyes seemed to increase when he was angry. He was fucking furious.

I saw an old interview with Mark Harmon the other day, who portrayed Ted in "Deliberate Stranger" and he said he was VERY glad when the filming was over as it was very difficult to play such an evil person. He nailed it though.

Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Gold Member

Sadly, there has yet to actually be a good movie on Ted. I dunno why they have to be so bad. His life was basically one crazy movie come to life. Yet, nobody can get it right.

Mark Harmon will always be Bundy to me. I read a Dahmer book many, many years ago and one part sticks out and angers me to this day. One of his victims escaped and was able to get to two cops. While he was trying to explain that he was kidnapped and drugged, Dahmer came up and told the two cops that the boy was his boyfriend and was drunk. They let Dahmer take him with him. He killed him. The cops were later heard laughing and making gay jokes.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Gold Member

He was clearly good at being calm in a terrible situation.

Gacy had a similar situation, where he claimed he and the guy were having slave sex. It's crazy that they both got out of it then.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I read a Dahmer book many, many years ago and one part sticks out and angers me to this day. One of his victims escaped and was able to get to two cops. While he was trying to explain that he was kidnapped and drugged, Dahmer came up and told the two cops that the boy was his boyfriend and was drunk. They let Dahmer take him with him. He killed him. The cops were later heard laughing and making gay jokes.
    I would have sued the testicles off of the Minneapolis Police Department.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I had no idea Ed Kemper was still alive.
    And yeah, I believe the kid that almost escaped Dahmer was only 14....horrible incompetence and assholery by those cops.

Here's another sick fuck for you guys -- Albert Fish

Albert Fish | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Sadly, there has yet to actually be a good movie on Ted. I dunno why they have to be so bad. His life was basically one crazy movie come to life. Yet, nobody can get it right.
    Well I thought Mark Harmon did a great job in "Deliberate Stranger". Did you not?
    gas_chick likes this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Well I thought Mark Harmon did a great job in "Deliberate Stranger". Did you not?
    He was pretty good. But the movie still sucked.

I've always been interested in stuff like this. Now, I live in the creepy serial killer stomping grounds. I see things that remind me of Bundy on a daily basis. I'm not even kidding. Ann Rule was one of the first authors of true crime that I read (the first was Bugliosi's Helter Skelter). The fact that she knew Bundy was crazy.

Of course, the truly scary guys are fascinating to read about. People that you would look at and know they were "off". The ones that are most fascinating to me are the guys like Bundy, Dahmer, Ridgeway, etc. Guys that were so normal on the outside. People you would talk with at a party, or at the office. Even your neighbor.

Some guys, like BTK Dennis Rader, were batshit from the start. That guy was off and everyone knew it. There wasn't a whole lot of real surprise with people when they really thought about it. At first, sure, they were shocked that this guy was a killer. He had a job, was an active member of the community and was really involved in his church. Then, they started really thinking about their interaction with this guy. He just wasn't right in the head and they all knew it for a long time. I guess they just thought asshole and not serial killer.
    stef likes this.

Over 20 years ago, Mrs. Mo picked up a crime book on a guy who probably ranks as one of the worst serial killers of all time - and who is still kind of obscure. His name was Adolfo Costanzo.

He was born in the US but committed most of his murders in Mexico. He got his start being taught voodoo by his mom. Then, he struck out on his own. He became some kind of brujo for Mexican drug gangs, and would sacrifice all kind of exotic animals so that he could "cast a spell" to protect the gangs from their enemies of the cops. Eventually, he graduated to people for his sacrifices. Like Manson, he had a compound/farm where most of his followers lived, and where he could sacrifice helpless victims where nobody could hear them (the more they suffered and screamed, the more valuable the sacrifice). At first, the Mexican authorities ignored him because they erroneously thought that all of his victims were other drug traffickers. They finally got up off their butts after Mark Kilroy (American college student) was abducted and murdered. In the book, the author said that the authorities got a hold of one of Costanzos guys and squirted hot sauce up his nose and tell he coughed up everything on Costanzo.

Even Costanzo's capture and death was out of the ordinary - he went out like his namesake - Adolph Hitler. Machine gunned to death with his lover by an associate just as the police were closing in.

What really bothers me is Dahmer because my brain just doesn't connect all the atrocities to the person when I see him interviewed I feel sorry for him.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Ann Rule was one of the first authors of true crime that I read (the first was Bugliosi's Helter Skelter). The fact that she knew Bundy was crazy.
    This was me too.
    gas_chick likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information