Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rolf Harris Found Guilty Of Sexual Assault On Minors

This is disturbing, wonder how many other famous sex offenders are there that are kept quiet.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    This is disturbing, wonder how many other famous sex offenders are there that are kept quiet.
    Probably quite a few, and they've all been watching each others backs and helping each other up the career ladder for decades. I don't think we'll see the true extent of this for many years to come, if ever.
    arie_skop and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Double posting because another man with celeb connections has gone on trial, this time the brother of Irish Eurovision singer/MEP Dana.

Eurovision singer Dana’s brother accused of sex assaults on girls as young as FIVE in the 1970s

• Musician promised to help 'cleanse' her brother of paedophilia, court hears
    • Dana Scallon allegedly said priest would cure his attraction to children
    • But prosecution says John Brown, 60, continued campaign of sex abuse
    • Brown is on trial accused of sexually assaulting two girls in the 1970s
    • Alleged crimes said to have been covered-up to protect family 'honour'

The brother of Eurovision singer Dana has been accused of sexually assaulting girls as young as five in the 1970s.
    John Brown, 60, is accused of indecently assaulting one girl when she was aged between five and nine, and of indecently assaulting another girl when she was aged 10 to 14 in the 1970s.
    Prosecutors have alleged that Brown's sister, Dana Scallon, promised to take her brother to a priest to cleanse him of his sexual feelings towards children after he was accused of child abuse.

+4

+4

Cure: One-time Eurovision winner Dana Scallon (left) promised to take her brother John Brown (right) to a priest to 'cleanse' him of paedophilia, London’s Harrow Crown Court heard

Brown is accused of indecently two girls on multiple occasion in the 1970s.He would have been in his late teens or early 20s at the time.
    Claire Howell, prosecuting, told the court how one of the girls’ mothers had approached Dana Scallon about the behaviour of her brother.

Ms Howell told the jury: ‘Attitudes towards sexual offending in the 1970s were different to now and this was a Catholic family... This may have affected the way they reacted to what happened.'
    ‘There was real concern about the honour of the family name... The mother of the victim told Dana Scallon, who said she would “find treatment” for her brother.'
    ‘Some time later, Dana told the mother that he had seen a priest and was cured. They all agreed not to tell the victim’s father,' she added.
    'This was a deeply religious family who were ashamed and, in addition, this was a family member who they loved...The victim’s mother didn’t want to bring shame on the family or John Brown,' Ms Howell went on to say.

The prosecution said Mr Brown went on to further abuse the two victims in the US and the UK.

+4

Allegations: London's Harrow Crown Court heard that the child abuse by John Brown (pictured right, with his sister Dana, centre, and brother Gerald, left) was covered up to preserve the 'honour of the family name'

One of his alleged victims said she was abused by Mr Brown twice at an address in Wembley Park, London, as well as at home in the US. The US claim does not form part of the charges against him.

The woman, now aged 47, fought back tears as she described how Mr Brown had forced himself on her as she slept.
    Describing the first occasion he abused her at the age of five or six, she said: ‘I remember lying in the middle of the bed and I woke up to find John in bed with me.
    ‘He asked me if I wanted “a wee massage”. He was on top of me. I felt the pressure of an older man on top of me. His hands and fingers were definitely on me.
    ‘His private area was very hard. As a kid I didn’t know what it was but it felt uncomfortable. It was a very odd thing. It was a strange position and I felt uncomfortable.’
    The court heard how Mr Brown told his victim not to tell anyone about what happened.
    The woman said: ‘He told me not to tell mummy because she wouldn’t believe me and that it would be our secret.’

+4

Prize: Dana (pictured left alongside Welsh folk singer Mary Hopkin) won the 1970 Eurovision Song Contest

The court heard about a second occasion when Mr Brown abused the girl when she was aged eight or nine and the family went to visit Dana.
    The alleged victim could not recall exactly where they were but believed it was an address in Torquay.
    Jurors heard how the girl revealed the abuse to her mother after similar incidents when Mr Brown had stayed with the family in the US.
    Mr Brown had travelled to America working with the family record label Heartbeat, set up in the wake of his sister Dana’s successful career.
    The prosecution said the abuse was known among some family members but was kept quiet to ‘protect the honour of the family’.
    Jurors were told how the first alleged victim ‘struggled to come to terms with the abuse and how her family had reacted to it’.
    She went to the police in 2011 after the allegations were denied by Mrs Scallon, the court heard.
    Dana, a former MEP and presidential candidate, was not in court yesterday.
    Mr Brown denies indecently assault on a girl under the age of 13 between 1971 and 1979. He also denies three counts of indecent assault against a girl under the age of 16.

The trial continues.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Double posting because another man with celeb connections has gone on trial, this time the brother of Irish Eurovision singer/MEP Dana.

Eurovision singer Dana’s brother accused of sex assaults on girls as young as FIVE in the 1970s

• Musician promised to help 'cleanse' her brother of paedophilia, court hears
    • Dana Scallon allegedly said priest would cure his attraction to children

Yeah, that'll work.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Yeah, that'll work.
    Well yeah, because we've seen how well it worked for pedo priests...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information