Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree612Likes

Thread: Reports of at least two dead & 24 injured in Gun attack at Las Vegas Country Festival

They always do that to the families of the murderers, who almost always are just as horrified by what their family member did as the rest of us. The media will stalk this guy for weeks, stalk his 90 yr old mom for weeks. The media coverage will die down eventually, but the family members are always social pariahs afterwards. They didn't commit the crime but are shunned none the less.

I once read that there is a group of these families that support each other because no one else knows what it is like to be related to such horror and the toll is takes on them is huge.

A friend of mine (who almost never comments on fb) commented on fb:

Only in this country can the GOP insist that the Vegas shooter's gun arsenal is "a right," but medical treatment for his 500+ survivors is merely "a privilege." I do not accept this. i won't.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

@ Dolem, the remark of your six year old brought tears to my eyes.
    It is scary for all of us but to have been in the same hotel at the same time and leave a couple of hours before this attack.... You probably needed a stiff drink when you heard it.

This week I have agreed with 2 racists, must be the end of the world Coulter (Impeach Trump) and now with him

Silver Member

^ Whoah whoah, I don't pay attention to Piers. He's a racist? Cliff notes anyone?

Even a broken clock...

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    The good guy with a gun. Yep the scenario works perfectly here. NOT
    Beyond me how someone can watch the footage of what most of us have been seeing and think time to buy some guns' This really saddens me.
    There was a guy being interviewed on the radio this morning. He was very pro-gun and sounded angry that nobody was shooting back at Paddock. Exactly how he expected someone to do this when the shooter was on the 32nd floor of a hotel wasn't something he seemed to have considered. This whole "if good people were armed then bad people would be taken out quickly" is patently ridiculous. In the scramble of people trying to save themselves and their loved ones how is anyone supposed to be able to tell who is who? Bad guys don't come with a neon sign over their head saying "EVIL S.O.B" to make it nice and easy to target them. If this person's ideal came to pass then the death toll would probably be double due to pocket Rambos shooting each other and anyone else who had anything in their hand, like a cell phone or a purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    Wait, they make silencers for MACHINE GUNS??? In what Universe is this needed for a civilian?
    The same universe that says you need armor piercing ammo for hunting. Y'know, for all those Kevlar wearing stealth ninja deer...

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    ^ Whoah whoah, I don't pay attention to Piers. He's a racist? Cliff notes anyone?
    Piers Morgan is anything that his paymasters ask him to be. Anything.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I can't find the link but on FB one of the musicians from a band that had already played has now come out as pro-gun control. He made the point that if he and his bandmates all had their guns and pulled them out to defend people, the police would have killed them instantly as they had no idea they were "good" guys.

This graphic is simple and kind of explains why the rest of the world looks at America and says WTF?

Here's why Australians will never understand the US obsession with guns
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yep it is way past the time for thoughts and prayers. Has been for a long, long time.
    Mivvi21, OCD and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What does it matter if North Korea has nukes? Nukes don't kill people, people kill people.

Notice how absurd this sounds.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Irresponsible nuke owners give the rest of us a bad name!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The mother fuckers are blind by now.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Now is exactly the right time to talk about gun politics

Demand leadership from our elected leaders.

By Mark Kelly October 3 at 11:30 AM Mark Kelly is a Navy combat veteran, retired NASA astronaut and co-founder with his wife, Gabrielle Giffords, of Americans for Responsible Solutions. Giffords, a former Arizona congresswoman, is a survivor of the 2011 shooting in Tucson, Ariz.

Sunday night started out as a beautiful evening in Las Vegas, with country music in the air and the lights of the Strip mingling with stars. At least 59 people lost their lives at such a uniquely American scene, and more than 500 were injured. Thousands more will fight emotional scars, and tens of thousands will grieve and question along with them. The phenomenon of the mass shooting — and the political paralysis that follows us — is sadly also a uniquely American scene.
    But it doesn’t have to be this way.
    Americans are 25 times more likely to be killed by a gun than people in other developed nations. Over 100,000 people are shot each year, 33,000 of those fatally. We can offer thoughts and prayers and move on through life numb to these losses. We can accept this galling reality. We can assume that other people — like my wife, former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords — will pay the price for our status quo. We can accept the enormous social, moral and economic cost imposed on this country by accepting gun violence as simply the cost of living in America.
    Or we can choose courage instead of cowardice. I flew combat missions in Operation Desert Storm, orbited the Earth 854 times as a NASA astronaut and wake up every morning next to Gabby, the toughest human I’ve ever met. I choose courage every time. So what do we do?
    [Gabrielle Giffords: We need courage to face our gun-safety problem]
    First, we have to recognize just how entrenched the problem is. In the last few weeks, Congress was actually pursuing looser gun laws — making silencers easier to buy. There’s no reason to make gun laws less restrictive. Gabby and I, and Americans across the country, had been working our hearts out to stop this bad legislation. We can’t go backward on gun laws.
    But even on our toughest days, we’re optimists. And if we want to make our country safer, we can’t just work to defeat bad legislation like federally mandated concealed carry and the deregulation of silencers. We also need to push for solutions, to pass good legislation that keeps extremely deadly weapons out of the wrong hands.
    That means we need to demand leadership from the people who are elected to lead.
    Americans need more than President Trump’s prayers — we need his plans. We need a Congress that will stand up to the special interests, look at the research and act to save lives. Public safety must be our top priority. Predictable as clockwork, though, the refrain we all know came immediately on Monday: It’s too soon. It’s not the right time to talk about politics. It’s what people told me after Gabby was injured, and something I’ve said myself in the past.
    Not the right time to talk about politics? Gabby and I have come to reject this. Every day of her life since the shooting, Gabby has honored those hurt and killed alongside her by working to enact policies that will prevent others from experiencing this terrible pain. Don’t let anyone tell you not to talk about politics when we talk about guns. Gabby got into politics because she wanted to govern. The people we elect can take us backward, condemning us to many more days when we wake up to more carnage and more lives lost — or if we make them, they will take us forward, toward a safer country.
    [Why I boycotted Congress’s latest empty moment of silence for gun victims]
    No one gun law will prevent every shooting, but we know that these policies will work to reduce gun violence and save lives. We can’t only react to the horror of what unfolded in Las Vegas; we must work to make all American communities safer from gun violence. Here are a few things our leaders can and should do today that will keep America safer:

• Pass universal background checks to make sure everyone gets a background check before they obtain a gun. The studies are clear: Where these laws are passed, fewer people get shot. Where they have been repealed, murder and violence have increased. And background checks aren’t controversial: A recent poll found that 94 percent of Americans support requiring background checks for all gun buyers, including 93 percent of Republicans.

• Subject the sale of the most lethal weapons to stronger oversight and regulation. You can buy an AR-15 in a parking lot with no background check at all. That’s insane.
    Require guns to be safely secured in the homes of gun owners, so kids can’t get their hands on them.
    Stop domestic abusers from getting guns. Women are too often killed by abusers with firearms. And most mass shootings start as domestic violence incidents.

• Allow restraining orders to stop folks in crisis from accessing firearms, just like we do with domestic abusers.
    Establish a federal firearms trafficking statute to stop the illegal trafficking of guns from states with weak laws to states with strong laws.
    • Require the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our public health agencies to invest in preventing gun deaths and injuries — like we do for every other similar cause of death and injury. For 20 years, Congress has effectively banned the study of gun violence because of pressure from the gun lobby.
    • And as a first step, Congress should establish a special bipartisan commission to come together around solutions that will save lives. The truth is policy solutions that reduce gun violence are not controversial — they are broadly supported by Democrats, Republicans and gun owners. Now is the time for members of Congress to listen to their constituents.
    This could finally be a heroic moment of progress for our elected leaders. But it would mean looking into the face of deep-pocketed special interests and saying: Today, we’re choosing Americans. It means channeling the bravery and determination of first responders in places like Las Vegas, and the bravery and determination of people like Gabby, who fight through the emotional and physical pain of gun violence every day. Thoughts and prayers are important. But thoughts and prayers won’t stop the next shooting. Only courage and leadership will save us.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2a0b6226a7bb
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Alex Jones posted a picture of the body of Stephen Paddock. Jones claimes that the cops shot him dead but the picture clearly shows the man ate the gun. Kinda debunks Jones's claimes. Jones also says that the guys room was filled with Antifa papers. Alex Jones is a danger to the USA. He should be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    Alex Jones posted a picture of the body of Stephen Paddock. Jones claimes that the cops shot him dead but the picture clearly shows the man ate the gun. Kinda debunks Jones's claimes. Jones also says that the guys room was filled with Antifa papers. Alex Jones is a danger to the USA. He should be dealt with.
    He lost custody of his kids based on his dumb-*ass rantings.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information