Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Reporter and Photographer Shot Dead on Live TV

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    How about this. Supposedly, he was fired in Feb 2013. Alison Parker wasn't hired until April of 2014, which is more than a year later. I got that from their Linkedin accounts. I only checked because the new director said these two had "never worked together" cue the Twilight Zone music....

ETA - she was an intern there for four months in 2012. The internship ended about 6 months before Bryce Williams was fired. I think Williams was declared dead at 1:30 pm (EST).

Yes, I was going by the timing of his lawsuits, which he received a settlement for in 2001. I didn't realize he still worked there until 2013. Maybe that's why he was still so resentful.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

^^^ the lawsuit was at a different station (in florida).

sorry, shellee ....

Update, 2:25 p.m.: ABC reports that Flanagan sent a 23-page fax identified as a "Suicide Note for Friends and Family" to ABC News at 8:26 a.m. Wednesday morning. The document, ABC says, complains of discrimination that Flanagan has faced as a "gay, black man" and cites the June 17 Charleston church shooting as the "tipping point" that motivated Flanagan to kill Parker and Ward. (Flanagan is believed to have accused Parker of making racist remarks and had accused a past employer of racial discrimination.) The document also reportedly expresses solidarity with the perpetrators of past massacres at Virginia Tech and Columbine High School in Colorado.

So he's just a nut job then, he has a manifesto to prove it.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

A disgruntled former employee/nutjob with legal access to a gun. When is America going to join the dots on this one?
    rollo, KrisNine, faithanne and 7 others like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I honestly don't see a path to sane gun laws with our current totally partisan culture. If Sandy Hook didn't result in the passage of universal background checks and federal database access, I don't think anything will. We'll all just continue to have our guts ripped out on a regular basis.
    KrisNine and czb like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I agree. All Sandy Hook did for gun nuts is make them think they have an argument that we all need guns that way we can shoot the crazy people.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I read the cameraman had just recently gotten engaged, and his fiance watched everything from the control room...

... He does realise that Dylan Klebold used a racial slur before shooting a black student dead? So he has solidarity with the very people he has a problem with?

And yes I realise arguing with a lunatic is pointless, but still.
    BITTER likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    A disgruntled former employee/nutjob with legal access to a gun. When is America going to join the dots on this one?
    Sadly, never. I was about to post what MontanaMama just posted. If Sandy Hook didn't change anything, nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I honestly don't see a path to sane gun laws with our current totally partisan culture. If Sandy Hook didn't result in the passage of universal background checks and federal database access, I don't think anything will. We'll all just continue to have our guts ripped out on a regular basis.
    I totally agree.

Funny, that the republican candidates want to alter the 14th amendment, and that's A-OK, but don't dare tread on the 2nd.

A*O

I know nothing's going to change. Gun ownership is enshrined in the U.S. Constitution and psyche. But it makes a nonsense of the subsequent "how can this happen?" handwringing afterwards.
    Dame Edna Everage

The "Good guy with a gun" argument the NRA likes to use totally wouldn't apply to this situation. It was like 6:45 am in this location and there was nobody else there. And the reporter, cameraman, and chamber of commerce woman were so engrossed in the interview that they never even saw him walk up or wave the gun at them. They could have been armed to the teeth and wouldn't have responded in time.
    kasippu, gas_chick and SHELLEE like this.

A*O

But if NONE of them had access to guns it wouldn't have happened either. But I'm not going to get into yet another gun control debate. There's no point. We all know the pro and con arguments and the status quo will prevail as always. And if this nutter didn't have a gun he could have gone just as postal with a hunting knife.

But i do wonder if the fact this happened on live TV before our horrified eyes might make people confront the reality of what can happen?
    Dame Edna Everage

And right on cue, the gun debate starts.
    Bellatheball likes this.

A*O

It's a debate that needs to be had greys. But unfortunately there's not much point because history shows that nothing will change.
    faithanne likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information