Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rape victim invited it by wearing a tube top and makeup says chinless judge

You'd think so but people are tough. Back when I lived in Edmonton, I was walking down near Chinatown (cheaper parking!) in -40C weather and the streetwalkers had all the wares on display. I felt so sorry for them because they must not have been able to feel their legs.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

What the fuck? Remind me never go to a party in Chinada, in case I "ask for it" and get raped. I mean, fucked just like I obviously wanted with my tube top and makeup and all.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

"insensitive to the fact (she) was not a willing participant."

Just WOW!!!
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

I guess we all need to wear burquas.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I guess we all need to wear burquas.
    But not pink sparkly ones because they'd be a slutty come-on.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Sex was in the air?? Consensual sex maybe, but not rape. Big difference! You might go out open to a one night stand but you don't go out looking to be raped - rape is always rape. I hope someone gives the judge blue balls that lasts FOREVAH.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

You know what? She could've wanted to fuck the guy. She could've been planning it all along. The moment he tried something and she said no, IT'S RAPE. Whether she invited anything or came onto him or whatever, she has the right to feel uncomfortable and to stop a situation and to decide what happens to her body, and the guy who raped her took that decision away. Now this bullshit judge wants to take even more away from her. Ugghhh.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Don’t dress like a slut: Toronto cop

“One of the safety tips was for women not to dress like ‘sluts.’ He said something like, ‘I’ve been told I shouldn’t say this,’ and then he uttered the words,” said Bessner, Osgoode assistant dean of the Juris Doctor Program. “I was shocked and appalled. I made contact with the police [...] and we’ve asked for a written apology and an explanation.”
    YFS vice-president Darkshika Selvasivam, who did not attend the session, also expressed shock upon hearing the comments.
    bump

Protesters march in Toronto 'Slutwalk'

Demonstrators march in Toronto on Sunday as part of Slutwalk, an effort to call attention to sexual assault.

April 4th, 2011

Women and men - dressed however they want, thank you - came out in force Sunday in Toronto to protest what they perceive as a callous attitude toward sexual assault by Toronto police.

Tongue-in-cheek and defiant in name, Slutwalk attracted about 1,000 people in Queen's Park and went off without a hitch, police said.
    “It was very peaceful, and they got the message out that they wanted,” constable spokeswoman Wendy Drummond told CNN on Monday morning.

"We feel it was a huge success," Slutwalk organizer Sonya Barnett said in an e-mail to CNN. She said the crowd numbered closer to 4,000. "It was great to see that most people came out 'as they were,' not in the stereotypical idea of slut," she said. "Our definition is about attitude, not appearance. Just like sexual assault is not about appearance."

The demonstrators, some dressed in miniskirts and holding provocative slogans, clearly wanted to rouse Toronto residents and raise awareness about a very serious topic: sexual assault. In doing so, protesters staked their claim to take a derogatory term and wrestle it back.
    "Just 'cause I'm a slut doesn't mean I want to be raped," said one female protester, according to CNN affiliate CTV.

"We should be beyond the myths of people ‘asking' or ‘deserving' to be assaulted due to their behaviour or appearance," Heather Jarvis, a movement co-founder, wrote to CTV.

The Slutwalk protest was organized in part in response to comments made in January by police Constable Michael Sanguinetti. Speaking to students at York University about community safety tips, Sanguinetti said, “Women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized,” according to media reports.

Faculty and students at the university had been on guard since a wave of sexual assaults on the campus in 2008. But the police officers' visit in January, part of a community awareness initiative, was overshadowed by the constable's widely reported remarks.

Students expressed outrage that it took Toronto police nearly a month to issue an apology, written by Sanguinetti and addressed to York students and staff. “These comments were entirely inappropriate and I can assure you, the officer understands that clearly," Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash said in media reports.

But by then, the anger had reached a boiling point.
    Barnett, who left a comment on an article about the incident on the York University school newspaper’s website, called for a demonstration and linked a Facebook page. The page had more than 4,500 likes as of Monday morning.

On Monday, Drummond said Toronto police have continually addressed the issue since the January incident and are seeking to move on.
    Barnett said this is not the end of Slutwalk.

"In looking to the future, we will be working on initiatives to continue spreading the word," she said. "As SlutWalk Toronto was initially conceived to be a one-time event, the response has been so incredible that we are considering this to be an annual event."
    Protesters march in Toronto 'Slutwalk' – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Team slut!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Slutwalk, I love it. Go sluts!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Elite Member

Go sl-uts, go sl-uts!

Team sluts all the way. Thank god they are calling out this bullshit.

I wanted to go but my stupid burst ovarian cyst was still too painful.

I wanted to hold up a sign asking if I should wear a Burqa.

So glad there was a protest. Effing douche bag cop!

Saw my daughter in the news footage. Proud moment as a mom.

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Saw my daughter in the news footage. Proud moment as a mom.
    Nice one Twitchy! Good job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information