Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puppy hanged by yobs

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    Knowing this country they probably won't even catch the thugs responsible, but if they do they'll probably get sent to a detention centre for a few months then let out to do it again

That's probably what would happen in the US too. Jail time for animal cruelty is pretty unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    That's probably what would happen in the US too. Jail time for animal cruelty is pretty unusual.
    I don't understand why though, if someone is disturbed enough to do this it obviously means they are not mentally stable and are capable of other crazy, evil stunts.

What is the law waiting for them to do somthing more serious like murder an innoccent child??
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    I don't understand why though, if someone is disturbed enough to do this it obviously means they are not mentally stable and are capable of other crazy, evil stunts.

What is the law waiting for them to do somthing more serious like murder an innoccent child??

No idea. Not every person who is cruel to animals will progress to murdering children; I bet most won't; but they still need to be punished.

I would picket, but knowing me I wouldn't stop there I'd end up being the one in court for a violent attack on a faggot excuse for a man who beats puppy's coz he's a worthless peace of shit! I think public stonings should come back for people like him!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    This is why I can't volunteer at the local humane society.. as much as I wanted to help, I don't think my nerves could take the heartbreak.
    I totally understand how you feel however I decided to volunteer there a couple of years ago. It was sad and there were certain things I could not be around or listen to. But there were a lot of fulfilling jobs such as playing/exercising with the dogs in the yard and working to get the dogs adopted. It was hard but I hoped my being there and spending time with the dogs would somewhat help improve their quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli23 View Post
    I totally understand how you feel however I decided to volunteer there a couple of years ago. It was sad and there were certain things I could not be around or listen to. But there were a lot of fulfilling jobs such as playing/exercising with the dogs in the yard and working to get the dogs adopted. It was hard but I hoped my being there and spending time with the dogs would somewhat help improve their quality of life.
    I'd love to do that but like Grimm I'd couldn't listen or see some of the horrible things that happen.

I'm gunna have to go home and fuss over my dog loads and give him a big hug now!!

Bronze Member

I can't find any studies right now (swamped at work) but I believe it is a proven fact that children who abuse higher animals (mammals) are more likely to grow up to exhibit antisocial behavior. This includes murder, assault, robbery and other violent crimes.

The youths who do these things need EXTREMELY STIFF penalties, like detention time, coupled with intense counselling.

Letting them walk away with a slap on the wrist (ESPECIALLY REPEAT OFFENDERS) is just like releasing a ticking time bomb. You never know when it will explode and what damage it will do

OMG! This is horrible.
    These are the kind of kids that end up in Psych facilities or jail.

P.S. what is a yob?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckpony View Post
    OMG! This is horrible.
    These are the kind of kids that end up in Psych facilities or jail.

P.S. what is a yob?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=yob

yob ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yb)
    n. Chiefly British Slang
    A rowdy, aggressive, or violent young man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Alteration of boy(spelled backward).]

Thanks, DH.
    I am not up to date on all the slang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information