Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Thread: Promising athlete no longer wants to eat pretzels due to harsh jail sentence

Brock Turner to be released from jail after serving half his sentence - Business Insider
    Brock Turner, the Stanford swimmer who was convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious classmate, is scheduled to be released from jail on Friday. Turner, who was an Olympic hopeful swimmer, was sentenced to a very controversial sentence of six months that garnered national headlines. However, when he leaves Santa Clara jail on Friday, he will have only served three months.

The six-month sentence that Turner was initially given was seen as too lenient by many. Especially when you factor in that he was seen by two witnesses performing the act on the unconscious woman behind a dumpster on the Stanford campus in January 2015. Then when he was confronted by the witnesses Turner ran away.

In March, Turner was convicted of three felony counts: assault with the intent to commit rape of an unconscious person, sexual penetration of an unconscious person and sexual penetration of an intoxicated person.

Turner has served only half of his sentence, but that is not uncommon. According to the Associated Press, Santa Clara County jail inmates serve half of their sentence if they maintain a clean disciplinary record.

This news comes only days after Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky, the judge who gave Brock a seemingly light sentence, decided that he would stop hearing criminal cases.

I hope he chokes on a fucking pretzel.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

some good news though:

California closes legal loophole after Stanford assault

US & Canada

Image copyright APImage Brock Turner was seen by two witnesses sexually assaulting an unconscious woman

Legislators in California have closed a loophole in sexual assault cases, whereby more lenient sentences could be issued if the victim did not resist.
    The change follows a high-profile sexual assault case in Stanford earlier this year.
    In June, Brock Turner, 20, was sentenced to six months in jail for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on a university campus.
    The sentence was widely criticised for being overly lenient.
    In California, the use of force in a sexual assault results in a mandatory prison sentence. In cases where no force is used - when the victim is unable to defend themselves - no mandatory sentence exists.
    State assembly members voted unanimously to amend the law, and prevent the use of probation in such cases. The bill has been passed to Governor Jerry Brown for approval, but has not yet been signed into law.
    Turner, a former top swimmer at Stanford University, was found guilty in March of three felony charges. Two witnesses said they had seen him sexually assaulting the woman, who was lying on the ground unconscious, on the university campus. Prosecutors wanted a sentence of six years in state prison.
    Judge Aaron Persky, who handed out the sentence, expressed concern about the impact of prison on Turner. In his decision, he said positive character references and Turner's remorse and lack of previous criminal record were mitigating factors.
    Brock Turner's father, Dan, also caused controversy during the case, saying his son
    should not have been jailed for "20 minutes of action".
    The victim, referred to by the pseudonym Emily Doe, then released her victim impact statement publicly. It was read by millions, and openly praised by US Vice President Joe Biden.
    Turner is expected to be released later this week after serving half his sentence,the Mercury News reports.
    Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen, who prosecuted Turner in the Stanford case, said legislators had helped protect "the next Emily Doe against the next Brock Turner".
    "They not only read Emily Doe's now famous letter, but they clearly understood it as cry for change," he said in a statement.
    Assembly member Evan Low said: "rape is rape, and rapists like Brock Turner shouldn't be let off with a slap on the wrist."

Death threats

The Stanford case was widely criticised, and became the focus for a campaign for tougher sentencing.
    Judge Persky has faced death threats and online petitions demanding his removal following the case, and has now been assigned to the court's civil division at his own request, where he will no longer hear criminal cases.
    The case has also been used as an example in other cases involving sexual assault on university campuses across the US.
    In Massachusetts, high school athlete David Becker, 18, was sentenced earlier this month to probation on charges of indecent assault. His attorney, Thomas Rooke, told local media "The goal ... was not to impede this individual from graduating high school and to go onto the next step of his life."
    "We all made mistakes when we were 17, 18, 19 years old, and we shouldn't be branded for life with a felony offence and branded a sex offender," he told the Mass Live news outlet.
    Governor's Council member Michael Albano has called for a review of the sentence, which has been denied by the court.
    Also this month, in Colorado, Austin James Wilkerson, 22, was sentenced to "work release" and probation for sexually assaulting a woman he had agreed to walk home after a party. The victim in that case also chose to publicly release her victim impact statement.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

and it only took massive public outrage!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    and it only took massive public outrage!
    Well, sure, we're just women, usable cattle. Make that sheep.

In Massachusetts, high school athlete David Becker, 18, was sentenced earlier this month to probation on charges of indecent assault. His attorney, Thomas Rooke, told local media "The goal ... was not to impede this individual from graduating high school and to go onto the next step of his life."
    "We all made mistakes when we were 17, 18, 19 years old, and we shouldn't be branded for life with a felony offence and branded a sex offender," he told the Mass Live news outlet.
    what the fuck is wrong with these people? Becker RAPED two unconscious high school girls. At what point is that considered a mistake?

I shouldn't be surprised by this shit anymore. But for fucking fucks sake - he committed a major crime. He severely impeded his victims life. Nice to see the justice system values her and her suffering as highly as they do his.
    Kittylady likes this.

But but but his rich white male future might be in peril, as a society we just can't have that
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Oh well, it was only 3 months, but I hope that rapist little bastard got to watch the Summer Olympics in jail, so he realized what he will never, ever achieve.
    Kittylady and czb like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Fuck Brock, I hope the public in his town doesn't give him a moment of rest. I want every Starbuck batista to write "rapist" on his cup. I want every passerby to look at him with disgust. He's yet to show remorse for anybody but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I want every Starbuck batista to write "rapist" on his cup.
    I love this.
    Kittylady, Brah and Lofty Bike like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What's really sad is that he'll be back to his old life sooner than we think. He'll be back with his buddies and supporters, probably making jokes about his victim. he'll probably get caught on someone's cell phone video "bragging" about his conquest. He's that kind of person. Eventually, some supporter will give him a high level position in their company and he'll continue along his merry way.

Sucks. Fucking scumbag.
    Serendipity and Mivvi21 like this.

czb

^^^ maybe.

or he'll apply for jobs and one of the anal people who interviews him will remember. and then quietly flush him and state it was because brock had the 'wrong' credentials.

Eh, I don't think his life will be so great. He was only a freshman when this happened, and he withdrew from school to avoid disciplinary action, so right now he's a high school grad with NO credentials. Maybe he'll end up in some community college, living at home while all his friends are away at nice schools. I think they will all quietly shun him because even if they still see him as a victim, look what happened to those who publicly supported him, and who wants that stench on them? There won't be any more scholarships for him and he'll never swim competitively again. He's supposedly appealing his case, so that will cost his family lots more money in legal fees. When and if he ever graduates college, one google search from a prospective employer will put an end to his job prospects. Sure, maybe one of daddy's friends will give him a job but I really don't think his family is so rich or well-connected that the kid is set for life.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
    czb, Brah, Serendipity and 2 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hahahahaha

Brock Turner's gonna have a hard time finding a pool where he can swim when he gets back home ... at least that's what a local club is saying.
    The president of Brookview Swim and Tennis Club -- just 5 miles from Brock's house inBellbrook, OH -- tells TMZ if Brock were to apply for a membership there ... he'd more than likely get denied.
    Scott Dunham says normally a simple application would be enough, but the ex-Stanford swimmer is a special case. Dunham says he'd have to take Turner's application before the club's board of trustees and stockholders.
    They'd get final say, and Dunham believes they would not hesitate to shoot down the convicted sex offender. He adds ... nobody in the community is happy about Turner's homecoming.
    There are other options for Turner, but Dunham doesn't imagine they'd be any more welcoming. Then again, he doesn't think Brock will be showing his face much around town ... for obvious reasons.
    Brock Turner Can Apply at Swim Club But Fat Chance He's Getting In | TMZ.com
    Serendipity, holly and lindsaywhit like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information