Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Promising athlete no longer wants to eat pretzels due to harsh jail sentence

More supportive letters leaked.

Another Letter Has Surfaced in the Stanford Rape Case, and It's From Brock Turner's Ex-Girlfriend

By Chelsea Stone

June 12, 2016 7:39 pm

[doucheface photo removed]

AP
    In case you missed it, former Stanford student (and talented swimmer, as we've been reminded) Brock Turner was recently given a shockingly light sentence of six months in prison for a horrific sexual assault he committed (though he will likely only serve about half that time). Judge Aaron Persky had said that a harsher sentence would have a "severe impact" on him.

Letters of support for Turner have surfaced over the past week, written by close relatives and friends to Persky. The most recent one to come to light was obtained by the Los Angeles Times and was written by Brock Turner's ex-girlfriend Lydia Pocisk. Her letter describes him as a "kind, loving, respectful, relaxed, silently hilarious, and determined individual."

Pocisk and Turner dated during their junior and senior years of high school, and the two were on the swim team together. She wrote of their relationship, "He never once pressured me into any situation or any decision that I didn't feel true to myself in...He truly made me a better person." Pocisk feels like district attorney Alaleh Kianerci misrepresented Turner during the trial, saying that she used his qualities of being a "relaxed or 'chill' person against him."

"It had been said that due to his calm demeanor, he did not care that this was happening to him, that he intentionally did this, which is simply not the case, he is just very good at being and seeming relaxed," she wrote.

Pocisk concludes her letter by saying that she never would have guessed that Turner would be capable of such a despicable crime: "You would think a close friendship of eight years could predict something like this happening, but the type of person Brock is could never deserve this or do anything he has been convicted of in a thousand of his lives. I have never been so angry with God in all of my life, or instilling such pain on such an undeserving soul."

The letter that kicked off the unprecedented public interest in the case, though, was written by the woman Turner raped, which she read in court prior to Turner's sentencing. An outpouring of support for her spread across social media and caused many to question how our legal system handles cases of sexual assault—Vice President Joe Biden even wrote a letter commending the victim for her bravery in speaking out against her assailant.
    Brock Turner's Ex-Girlfriend Is Speaking Up for Him in His Rape Case Now | Glamour

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

This reminds me of the affluenza kid's case. Everybody in Brock Turner's life sounds like a terrible person. No wonder he's an entitled asshole.
    MmeVertigina and Serendipity like this.

The latest letter wasn't bad until she got to the part where she said he doesn't deserve this. I mean speak to the person you know not the events you weren't there for and quit acting like he's a victim.

What was his defense anyway? I tried reading up but all you get now when you google search is all of the letters. I mean him mom said she believes his story and now this girl. What was his story?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

There is more at the link, the article is kind of long.

PALO ALTO -- In a sign of growing problems for the judge who ignited a national controversy by handing a light sentence to a former Stanford athelete convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious intoxicated woman, prosecutors Tuesday got him kicked off another sex case.

Santa Clara County prosecutors filed the peremptory challenge against Judge Aaron Persky on Tuesday morning, automatically preventing him from presiding over a preliminary hearing for a Kaiser Permanente surgical nurse accused of sexually assaulting a sedated woman.
    Brock Turner: DA gets judge kicked off new sex case - San Jose Mercury News
    twitchy2.0 and SHELLEE like this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    The latest letter wasn't bad until she got to the part where she said he doesn't deserve this. I mean speak to the person you know not the events you weren't there for and quit acting like he's a victim.

What was his defense anyway? I tried reading up but all you get now when you google search is all of the letters. I mean him mom said she believes his story and now this girl. What was his story?
    i thought his defense was that she consented. even though she was passed out. i'm sure she consented to him taking pics of her naked boobs, too. ugh
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

Yep, she was kind enough to consent before she passed out cold, oh and she rubbed his back so he thought that meant she liked it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

I have never been so angry with God in all of my life, or instilling such pain on such an undeserving soul.
    Really? God lets little kids suffer and die from cancer every day of the year. Putting your boyfriend in timeout for assaulting an innocent woman isn't even in the top thousand shitty things God lets happen on a daily basis. Get over yourself, lady.

Really...a little boy was just eaten by an alligator in front of his parents. Top that.

And what about the victim's pain? Or was she a "deserving" soul?

If this little asshole was my ex-boyfriend, I would be so disgusted I wouldn't want my name associated with him, ever. I sure as hell wouldn't be writing him character references.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I don't think these rapist supporting morons or Stanford expected this to make the impact that it has. Apparently the ladies swim team talked about adding their own statements about Turner's prior behaviour but were pressured by Stanford to stay out of it.

REVEALED: Stanford women's swim team 'vowed never to be alone with rapist Brock Turner because of his lewd behavior but were pressured by university NOT to write letter to judge'

• Female swimmers claim Turner would comment on their appearances
    • He allegedly said to one athlete: ''I can see your t***s in that swimsuit
    • The Ohio native's behavior allegedly forced one swimmer to stay away
    • Team members then discussed writing to the judge about his antics
    • But one swimmer claims they were pressured not to by Stanford officials
    • University has denied allegations, adding students can 'say what they wish'
    • Turner received a six-month jail sentence for raping an unconcious woman

Members of the Stanford University women's swim team were wary of Brock Turner's lewd behavior long before he was convicted of raping an unconscious student, a report suggests.
    The Ohio native, who was given just six months in jail for the attack, would allegedly make comments to the women such as 'I can see your t***s in that swimsuit,' while one elite swimmer vowed to never be alone with him at a party.

A source told In Touch that his arrest didn't shock anyone on the team, as many believed he was 'odd'.
    The athletes even considered writing to his trial judge about his antics, but they were reportedly warned off by Stanford officials as they didn't witness the crime.
    'He was warned by upper classmen on the team to scale back on the partying, but he just didn't listen, ' the insider told the magazine.

Members of the Stanford University women's swim team were wary of Brock Turner's lewd behavior long before he was convicted of raping an unconscious student, a report suggests. He can be seen smiling in a a high school yearbook photo as he is named 'Best Legs' with an unidentified female classmate

'There were rumblings that the women were pressured by Stanford officials to not do it since they hadn't witnessed any crime that Brock had committed,' they added.
    'The team has been instructed to not discuss Brock Turner publicly or to the media; however, the entire team completely supports the victim and wishes that Brock had gotten a much harsher sentence.'
    Lisa Lapin, the school's associate vice president for university communications, told In Touch: 'As private individuals, our students can say what they wish to whom they wish.'
    Turner's six month sentence for rape was met with controversy around the world.
    The judge who faced seething criticism for handing him the light sentence has since been removed from a similar case on grounds he may be biased.
    +6
    The Ohio native would allegedly make comments to the women such as 'I can see your t***s in that swimsuit,' while one elite swimmer reportedly vowed to never be alone with him at a party

Prosecutors in Santa Clara County, in northern California, on Tuesday filed a challenge against Aaron Persky in a case involving a male nurse accused of sexually assaulting a sedated woman.
    The request to have him removed from the new case came after he suddenly dismissed a misdemeanor theft case before deliberations started, arguing prosecutors had not made their case.
    'We are disappointed and puzzled at judge Persky's unusual decision to unilaterally dismiss a case before the jury could deliberate,' Santa Clara District Attorney Jeff Rosen said in a statement to AFP, confirming Persky's removal from the new sex assault case.
    'After this and the recent turn of events, we lack confidence that judge Persky can fairly participate in this upcoming hearing in which a male nurse sexually assaulted an anesthetized female patient.
    'This is a rare and carefully considered step for our office. In the future, we will evaluate each case on its own merits and decide if we should use our legal right to ask for another judge in order to protect public safety and pursue justice.'
    The judge could not immediately be reached for comment.
    Rosen had disagreed with Persky's ruling in the Turner case, stating at the time that the lenient sentence did not 'factor in the true seriousness of this sexual assault, or the victim's ongoing trauma.'
    'Campus rape is no different than off-campus rape,' he said. 'Rape is rape.'
    The sentence, which gained international attention after publication of the victim's powerful statement to the court in which she described the assault's impact on her life, has prompted widespread outrage and calls for Persky to be recalled.
    In transcripts released from Turner's case, Persky, pointed specifically to a classmate of the 20-year-old, Leslie Rasmussen, who had been in school with him for years.
    He quoted a part of Rasmussen's character letter, which read: 'If I had to choose one kid I graduated with to be in the position Brock is, it would never have been him.'
    Persky said that image of Turner 'rings true' and 'corroborates the evidence of his character up until the night of this incident, which has been positive', he said in the transcripts.

The 'lenient' sentence dished out to Turner has sparked outrage around the world and Persky has since received death threats at work, and is the subject of a petition, signed by more than a million people, to have him recalled.
    The transcripts give a comprehensive view as to why Persky rationalized a short sentence.
    Rasmussen's letter was believed to place much of the blame on Turner's victim. She later apologized for the letter.
    Turner, who was found guilty on three counts of rape, is currently incarcerated in Elmwood Jail, a minimum to medium security facility, in Milpitas, California.
    However, Daily Mail Online revealed earlier this week that he will serve just three months of his sentence and is slated for release on September 2.
    He has applied to serve his three-year probation term in his home state of Ohio.
    Turner will also have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life and complete a sex offender management program.
    The 39 people who wrote letters in support of Turner have also been subjected to a barrage of abuse.
    Turner has also been banned for life by USA Swimming and, as a result, is now ineligible for all major sporting competitions – among them, the Olympics.
    Read In Touch's full four-page investigation into Brock Turner's history on newsstands now.

Read more: Stanford women's swim team 'vowed never to be alone with rapist Brock Turner' | Daily Mail Online

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Stupid article won't let me post. Or maybe it's the board. It's a juror's letter to the crappy judge.

Brock Turner trial juror speaks out against judge's light sentence
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

This judge has to be taking payoffs. That's the only thing that makes sense.
    Serendipity likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Makes me wonder about his rulings in previous cases and what his reputation was before this. He ran for re-election unopposed so if he was suspected of being dirty, you'd think someone would have been convinced to run against him and get him off the bench. But who knows.

The juror who wrote the letter seems to think that the judge didn't agree with the jury's guilty verdict so he basically disregarded it. He didn't even follow minimum sentencing guidelines.

I found it interesting that this was a predominantly male jury and they didn't have one iota of sympathy for the defendant, unlike the judge.

I thought somewhere in the articles it said this kid's dad knew a federal prosecutor and some influence on the judge may be a factor.

Or the Judge just thinks he knows better than the jury, the law, whomever and felt rich little white boy shouldn't be punished too harshly.
    Kittylady, Serendipity and Brah like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    felt rich little white boy shouldn't be punished too harshly.
    I think this is definitely part of it. The judge sees someone who could just as easily be his kid and who looks like "his kind of people". This is one reason the justice system is so badly slanted against the poor and non-white population - they don't "look like" the powers that be, and they never will, so they don't get the (absurd, in this case) benefit of the doubt that a rich white kid might.

Shit is fucked up and bullshit.
    Brah and lindsaywhit like this.

someone's been making posters!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information