Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Promising athlete no longer wants to eat pretzels due to harsh jail sentence

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I can't get it to post the article without it bouncing me to the main page, but it seems like the poor widdle judge is having a hard time of it too.

Jurors revolt against Stanford rape judge and refuse to sit on his bench | Daily Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Poor thing. How's his appetite?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Well he's had to give up pretzels so what's that tell you?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

"These pretzels are making me thirsty"
    Alysheba, witchcurlgirl and holly like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Stanford rapist, Brock Turner, is officially banned from Team USA.

USA Swimming has confirmed that Brock Turner, the 20-year-old Stanford University student convicted of the sexual assault of an unconscious woman outside a fraternity party, is banned from competing for his country.

The organisation told USA Today Sport that Turner’s conviction makes him ineligible for membership, a revelation that effectively spells the end of his American swimming career.

“USA Swimming strictly prohibits and has zero tolerance for sexual misconduct, with firm Code of Conduct policies in place, and severe penalties, including a permanent ban of membership, for those who violate our Code of Conduct,” said a USA Swimming spokesperson.

Judge Aaron Persky last week sentenced Turner to six months in prison for the January 2015 assault, in a seemingly lenient decision that has sparked widespread outrage and a global campaign to have him recalled from the bench.

In sentencing Turner, Persky – himself a former Stanford athlete – said a longer prison term would “have a severe impact on him” and that he was satisfied “he will not be a danger to others”.

Prior to making his decision, Persky had been provided with 39 character references in support of Turner, many of which mentioned how the inevitable end of his swimming career would be punishment enough for the ambitious athlete.

Among them, the statement from his sister, Caroline, who lamented how “a series of alcohol-fueled decisions” had reshaped her brother’s entire future.
    “Goodbye to NCAA championships,” she wrote. “Goodbye to the Olympics. Goodbye to becoming an orthopedic surgeon. Goodbye to life as he knew it.”

However, in her own powerful letter, Turner’s 23-year-old victim urged Persky to disregard her attacker’s potential in the pool when handing down his punishment.
    “The fact that Brock was a star athlete at a prestigious university should not be seen as an entitlement to leniency,” she said, “but as an opportunity to send a strong cultural message that sexual assault is against the law regardless of social class.”

Turner is expected to be released from prison on September 2, just three months in to his sentence.

Stanford rapist Brock Turner banned from professional swimming.

Hope his '20 minutes of action' was worth it. I wonder when he'll get a clue and wished he just admitted it and took the punishment rather then denying it, blaming the victim, dragging it through the courts as long as possible without thought to the victim, and now appealing his pissy little sentence. He will be marked with this for life, the whole world has heard about it and is disgusted. All because he's a whiny little bitch surrounded by family and friends whose names are mud for defending this POS. Glad to hear the judge is copping it too, as he should. I hope the victim feels a little vindication since the courts failed her. It seems this moron needs to learn the hard way since everyone around him wants to pretend he's not a rapist, even though that's his legal conviction, with good reason.

Now excuse me while I go and enjoy a steak and some pretzels.
    SHELLEE, Alysheba, holly and 1 others like this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Elite Member

Some posts deserve a love button.

Excerpt of Carleen Turner's letter to the judge:

This family really has no clue, do they?
    Alysheba and garysgirl1999 like this.

So we are supposed to feel sorry for her because she can't decorate her McMansion with family photos? That's traumatizing for her, yet the actual victim here isn't traumatized by being raped while unconscious behind a dumpster? How about placing the blame for all of this on their butterfaced son since he is the one who caused it all. Fuck those people, and fuck that judge. They are all a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Excerpt of Carleen Turner's letter to the judge:

This family really has no clue, do they?
    Why HIM? did this bitch really just ask that?

It's no wonder this kid grew up to be an entitled twat. Look at the parents.

Wow. Just no words.

I hope someone tells her that the letter explains "Why him"---it's cause your selfish unfeeling family raised a fucking sociopath, he learned how to care only about himself and what he can get, just like dick daddy and bitch mommy taught him.

This really raises my blood pressure. What pisses me off too are the people saying "well he didn't break into her home to rape her, he didn't put a knife to her throat"--it brings up the other hideous thinking of rape apologists, where the woman has to be severely hurt in order for it to be "real".

czb

the only positive thing about this case is that so many people agree that this kid and his family suck. it's probably the only time that i can actually read all the opinion posts on FB and not feel bile in my throat.

they should change the name of this family to Nancy Kerrigan.
    Trixie, sputnik and ManxMouse like this.

This whole family sucks.
    holly likes this.

don't these people have lawyers that tell them to get a fucking clue and not release these whiny statements that bite them in the ass later?
    holly likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

These were the letters they wrote to the judge trying to get a lenient sentence (which apparently worked...) Just like the rapist's friend, the indie band girl, they didn't expect them to be released to the public. But you're right, their lawyers should have told them it's part of the public trial record. I doubt they would have cared though, they still think the rapist is the victim here.
    Alysheba and holly like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information