Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Police Search Father's Workplace for Remains of Missing North Carolina Girl

The depravity of people is just horrifying.

The poor little girl.

An update: that bitch just got a max of 18 years for killing that poor girl. She pleaded guilty to 2nd degree murder.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
    An update: that bitch just got a max of 18 years for killing that poor girl. She pleaded guilty to 2nd degree murder.
    Thanks for updating us! I hope this bitch gets beat to death in prison!

Did they say where she'd be serving her sentence?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

18 year is maximum? GTFO, bitch should be hung by her thumbs over an alligator pit.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    18 year is maximum? GTFO, bitch should be hung by her thumbs over an alligator pit.
    I was thinking more bengal tigers...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Thanks for updating us! I hope this bitch gets beat to death in prison!
    You're welcome. People here are outraged about it. Every time she appears in court, including today, they have to use extra security to keep people from killing her sorry ass.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Did they say where she'd be serving her sentence?
    They haven't released that info yet. I don't think it has been decided yet.

Here's an article from a local station: Elisa Baker sentenced to 18 years for Zahra's murder - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC- It's kind of upsetting because they mention some of the evidence. So beware.

I know some guards that work in prisons around the state so I wonder if they'll have any stories to share at some point. Here's some more explanations from the DA from the HDR:

DA: Elisa was afraid police were closer than they were

Credit: ROBERT C. REED/RECORD

Emily Dietrich, biological mother of Zahra Baker (right), comforts her motherJoy Box, during the post hearing press conference.

Related

Highlights of Jay Gaither's press conference after Baker hearing
    District Attorney Jay Gaither spoke to the media after Elisa Baker accepted a plea deal and pleaded guilty to second degree murder in the death...
    » More

Baker accepts plea deal during emotional hearing
    Elisa Baker accepted a plea deal and pleaded guilty to second degree murder in the death of her stepdaughter Zahra Baker.
    » More

By: Sarah Newell williamson
    Published: September 15, 2011
    » 0 Comments | Post a Comment
    NEWTON -- District Attorney Jay Gaither said he is satisfied with Elisa Baker’s 18 year sentence.
    “I stand in full ownership of my decisions,” he said. “I embrace (the deal) whole-heartedly. This woman gave the state evidence and left the death penalty on the table. Eighteen years is a great deal.”
    Gaither said although Elisa admitted to writing the ransom note in October, there was not enough evidence to convict her of killing her stepdaughter, Zahra. When the media showed images of investigators searching the Caldwell County landfill and pulling out a mattress, Elisa asked her attorneys to speak to the district attorney’s office.
    It was not until investigators were searching the Caldwell County landfill and media showed images of a mattress that was found there that Elisa asked her attorneys to speak to the district attorney’s office.
    “We’re never quite sure why the defendant came forward,” Gaither said. “I think she was mortally afraid the police were closer than they were.”
    It was unlikely Zahra’s body would be found without Elisa’s help, Gaither said. Elisa gave information on Zahra’s remains and how she died.
    “Her statements would not be admitted and she could be prosecuted for first-degree murder if she was not truthful,” Gaither said of the arrangement for Elisa’s information. “I saw three options: a third person committed the murder and she can give us testimony against them, Elisa Baker will admit to the murder and we’ll be limited to second-degree murder or she’ll lie to us and we can prosecute aggressively and give us leads to other information.
    “There’s no way we could know what we would learn. There was shock, horror and revulsion following what we learned,” he said.
    Gaither said he wanted to prosecute Elisa for first-degree murder. He and others in his office consulted legal minds around the state and country. Given the information, however, second-degree was the best they thought they could get, Gaither said.
    “Prior to charging her with murder, we charged her with low-level felonies. The prior convictions would count as points on her record for sentencing,” he said.
    Gaither anticipated her attorney appealing her sentencing, which would delay Elisa’s murder trial, keeping her in jail longer.
    He said Elisa will likely serve the 14 year minimum of her sentence.
    Gaither reiterated that he did not believe Elisa’s husband, Adam, was involved.
    “Crimes with two, three, four people, people usually turn on people, they want to know what the other person says,” Gaither said. “With one person, they stay quiet.”
    He said that’s what happened here, until Elisa voluntarily came forward.
    “Today is one many have been working toward for almost a year,” said Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins. “We followed all leads that resulted in charging Elisa. This brings closure to our community, our family, our nation and our world.”
    He praised the large number of people on “Team Zahra” that have worked to find our precious Zahra. Adkins acknowledged the sentence of 14 years and 9 months to 18 years and 6 months may not be what the public had hoped for. But it is what is fitting, according to state laws for someone with no criminal background.
    Adkins said he was satisfied with the sentence.
    “She provided the location of Zahra, and that helped bring Zahra home,” he said.
    Adkins admitted the question of what really happened has not been answered.
    “Only one person knows, and she’s not talking,” he said. “There’s evidence in Zahra’s room that directs us, but nobody knows for sure.”
    While Adkins and Gaither talked, the investigators, prosecutors and others involved on the case stood behind him. Zahra’s birth mother, Emily Dietrich, also stood behind them. She seemed overcome by emotion at times, crying and hugging her mother.
    Adam said the sentence did not seem fair.
    “It’s pretty sad when you get less than 20 years for taking a child’s life,” he said.
    Adkins challenged others to help prevent something like this in the future.
    “I encourage you to report acts of violence and neglect against our children,” he said. “Remember the spirit of a little girl that most of us never met, but who touched our lives.”

Bronze Member

“It’s pretty sad when you get less than 20 years for taking a child’s life...”
    I think the prosecutors watched the Casey Anthony verdict and were worried that a jury would let the evil slut walk. The cases are similar in that the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming, but there was no way to prove without a shadow of a doubt that Eliza actually murdered the girl -- she "just" dismembered her body and disposed of it. Florida spent how many millions on an unsuccessful prosecution? At least this way NC is saved the cost of a trial, and the guilty party will go behind bars for a substantial number of years.

We can only hope that the other inmates make Eliza Baker's life acutely miserable. But she'll probably be separated from the main population for her own protection.

I haven't heard Zahra's father speak much, but I suspect his IQ is around 100.

Quote Originally Posted by VadaFaith View Post
    I haven't heard Zahra's father speak much, but I suspect his IQ is around 100.
    That may be generous.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

WTF? 100 is average.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    WTF? 100 is average.
    But I think his is closer to his shoe size.

While Adkins and Gaither talked, the investigators, prosecutors and others involved on the case stood behind him. Zahra’s birth mother, Emily Dietrich, also stood behind them. She seemed overcome by emotion at times, crying and hugging her mother.
    Adam said the sentence did not seem fair.
    “It’s pretty sad when you get less than 20 years for taking a child’s life,” he said.
    ^ So, the dad Adam said this? When for all intents and purposes it appears that he let this other woman treat his daughter like a punching bag before she finally killed her? To me, it seemed like he had every opportunity to stop this slow train wreck from happening.

By the way, in addition to being stupid, this guy had faced multiple serious charges unrelated to his daughter's disappearance, including "assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return rental property, two counts of communicating threats and five counts of writing worthless checks". So he was a bad guy all around.

Earlier in the thread they say that the biological mom, Emily Dietrich, had surrendered Zara to Adam because she suffered from post natal depression. But it also appears that Adam had Zara for 8 years in Australia before he moved to the U.S. with Elisa. I guess I'm wondering whether Emily Dietrich was still suffering from depression after 8 years, and why she didn't protest Adam taking her daughter something like 9,000 miles away.

Very valid points,Mohandas.

So true. Not a winner among them. Poor Zahra.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information