Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Police Search Father's Workplace for Remains of Missing North Carolina Girl

Sickening. Poor little girl, what a miserable existence these two must have made her short life. I can't imagine any punishment too harsh for whichever one (or both) did this.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh my how sad. I just can't believe people actually do these things to other people; it blows my mind.

More disgusting revelations

Published November 30, 2010
    | Associated Press

AP/File
    This May 2010 photo shows Zahra Baker, 10, getting a hearing aid at an event at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

HICKORY, N.C. A 10-year-old disabled girl who was dismembered after she died may have been raped by two men and hit in the head, according to a search warrant based on fourth-hand information and unsealed Tuesday.
    The warrants also describe what might have happened to the body of Zahra Baker, who was reported missing Oct. 9. The warrants still did not reveal how the girl died.
    The girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, told police Zahra who needed a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after a battle with cancer was dismembered by someone wearing latex gloves. She also said that blood and bone could be found in the drain trap of a bathtub and the girl's body parts were put in white trash bags before being thrown in a Dumpster behind a shopping center in Hudson.
    Also, a confidential source told police he heard about the alleged rape from a friend, who had heard about it from his sister. She said she was told about it by one of the men involved who said he had "done something very bad and needed to leave town." The source said he asked his friend if the men had killed Zahra, and was told "they might have hit her in the head."
    The information in the warrants, some of which were posted on the website of the Hickory Daily Record, was from an Oct. 15 motion to keep the records in the investigation sealed. It doesn't say when the men may have attacked the girl.

No one has been charged in the girl's death, which police have labeled a homicide. Her stepmother, who is cooperating with authorities, is being held on an obstruction charge. She has admitted writing a fake ransom note to try to throw off authorities.
    The girl's father, Adam Baker, is free on bond after being jailed on charges unrelated to his daughter's disappearance and death.
    Police have said they don't believe the account given by the Bakers that they last saw Zahra the morning she was reported missing. And one warrant states her father said he hadn't seen her for three days. A month after she was reported gone, police announced they'd found what were believed to be her remains.
    According to the warrant, police went to the home in Hildebran where the alleged rape took place and asked one of the men how a mattress leaning against a wall had been stained. The warrant said the girl was bleeding. The man told police he urinated on it and that the girl had never been at the home. He went with investigators to the police department but hasn't been charged.
    Calls to police after hours on Tuesday were not returned.
    The claim about the rape was among 11 warrants made public by order of Superior Court Judge Nathaniel Poovey. Prosecutors on Monday had asked that the warrants not be made public, arguing that it would hamper the continuing investigation.
    Among other new details, the warrants expand an account by Elisa Baker on how the girl's body was dismembered and left in different sites around western North Carolina. She said the girl's remains were stashed in a bed comforter and a car cover before being discarded.
    The warrants also say that Elisa Baker showed deception during a polygraph test when asked if anyone had harmed Zahra and whether she knew who wrote a ransom note found at the Bakers' residence the day Zahra was reported missing.
    A call to Lisa Dubs, one of Elisa Baker's lawyers, was not immediately returned Tuesday.
    Elisa Baker's lawyers have argued that her bail should be reduced because she led police to Zahra's remains.
    Adam Baker emigrated to the U.S. from Australia after meeting Elisa Baker online.
    Zahra's family had been planning a public memorial service Thursday, but Drum Funeral Home in Hickory said relatives have since decided to make it private and hold it at a later date.
    Burial plans for Zahra have not been determined.

I want her father-who put this helpless angel in this mess- to be publicly horse whipped. Her poor grandparents. The anguish must be off the charts.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So did the stepmom sell her to the rapists?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

vomit-inducing

yes every last motherfucker involved needs to be horse-whipped to death in public. i agree.
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; December 1st, 2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    That was my first thought too.

I didn't think this story could get any worse. And then it did.
    Last edited by CornFlakegrl; December 1st, 2010 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    That was my first thought two.

Jesus....I didn't think it could get worse either. Hate to say it, but poor thing is better off dead...after all she had been put through, especially given these latest developments and clearly SHITTY PARENTS. That poor poor kid....hope she is resting in peace now. She certainly deserves it.

Those beautiful, sad eyes.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I have purposely tried to ignore this thread.... hurts my soul to look at that beautiful little face and read about what a sweet and positive girl she remained despite all the horrors she had to endure. But her story needs to be heard, she deserves justice. I hope the rotten evil bastards who tortured and killed this precious angel are subjected to the most excruciating things imaginable..... I'd love to lock those miserable pieces of shit in a room and go to town on them with box cutters and hot grease. Just let me at 'em.

R.I.P. sweet Zahra.

You are an inspiration and were simply too good for this world. May you fly with the angels now, Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I have purposely tried to ignore this thread.... hurts my soul to look at that beautiful little face and read about what a sweet and positive girl she remained despite all the horrors she had to endure. But her story needs to be heard, she deserves justice. I hope the rotten evil bastards who tortured and killed this precious angel are subjected to the most excruciating things imaginable..... I'd love to lock those miserable pieces of shit in a room and go to town on them with box cutters and hot grease. Just let me at 'em.

R.I.P. sweet Zahra.

You are an inspiration and were simply too good for this world. May you fly with the angels now, Baby.
    That sums things up for me, too. I really hesitated before clicking on the thread as it is so upsetting to read the horrors this poor little girl went through. I agree also that Zahra is better off dead and also hope she's in a wonderful, peaceful place right now. R.I.P little Zahra.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    That was my first thought too.

Exactly, same here. That poor child.

This is one of the saddest stories I can remember. Which is saying something. I favor a public stoning for all the adults involved. I am also NOT KIDDING. Because you know that bitch gave poor Zahra (sold*) to those freaks to get rid of for her. My mind can't wrap itself around this. Why not just send her back to her bio-mom??? Serial killers are easier to comprehend, even.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

It kind of reminds me of that story where the mom sold her daughter to the drugdealer for drugs and he took her to the motel and raped/killed her. And they had video footage. I think it was in NC?

Bronze Member

Default Stepmother indicted

HICKORY, N.C. The stepmother of a 10-year-old disabled girl was indicted Monday on charges she killed the freckle-faced child and then desecrated her remains to cover up the slaying, according to court documents.A grand jury in Catawba County charged Elisa Baker with second-degree murder in the death of Zahra Baker. Authorities planned to discuss the case at a news conference later in the day.
    Zahra, who used a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after being stricken with cancer, disappeared four months ago. No one had been charged in her death, though Elisa Baker had been charged with obstructing justice in the investigation. Police eventually found the girl's remains in different locations around western North Carolina. Authorities still have not said how the girl died.
    The indictment cites aggravating factors, saying Elisa Baker had a history of physically, verbally and psychologically abusing Zahra. And it says she desecrated Zahra's body to hinder detection and prosecution of the killing.
    A search warrant unsealed last month said Elisa Baker led police to the places where they found Zahra's remains. She claimed her husband, Adam Baker, dismembered the body. Adam Baker has denied that.
    The warrant also said that cell phone records indicate Adam Baker was not in the locations where Zahra's remains were found on the day Elisa Baker indicated, but that cell phone records showed she was present in those locations.
    Attorneys for Elisa Baker did not return calls seeking comment Monday.
    Records show the 42-year-old led a somewhat nomadic life, with dozens of different addresses over a seven-year period. She was also married seven times and was wed to more than one man on several occasions. She met Adam Baker, seven years her junior, on a website where users create three-dimensional characters to represent themselves.
    Adam Baker is free on bond, facing numerous charges not related to his daughter, who needed a prosthetic leg and two hearing aids because of a battle with cancer. He moved to North Carolina with Zahra from Australia after meeting Elisa online.
    Stepmother indicted in death of disabled NC girl | Latest National Headlines | News from...

I didn't see the "father" on 60 Minutes. How did he explain not reporting his own child missing? How did he explain making the "kidnapping" 911 call? Is he just TSTL?

Quote Originally Posted by VadaFaith View Post
    Stepmother indicted in death of disabled NC girl | Latest National Headlines | News from...

I didn't see the "father" on 60 Minutes. How did he explain not reporting his own child missing? How did he explain making the "kidnapping" 911 call? Is he just TSTL?
    I didn't see 60 Minutes either, but based on the local news (this happened not far from where I live), he's not allowed to say any of that in the media. The investigation is ongoing. Elisa Baker's arraignment is next week.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information