Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Search Father's Workplace for Remains of Missing North Carolina Girl

The DAD reported it?! Why the hell did he not do more then? Leave her? Stop her? I guess he was worried about deportation, but what a lousy excuse when the life of a child is at stake.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

The dad is pretty suspicious to me. The police are saying that it may have been about a month since anyone outside of the home had seen Zahra. If that's the case and she was reported "missing" Saturday afternoon after both parents claim seeing her the night before...well, then dad had something to do with it.

Yeah, that and there was a yard fire earlier in the morning. Fireman show up and find the ransom note. No one checks on the daughter right then???? Granted, the note was supposedly for another kid, but who doesn't check on their kid during a fire? Or when there has obviously been something weird going on like a fire and a ransom note? But no, these yahoos call police HOURS later to report her missing.

Dad smells bad.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    even if only one of them was involved?
    Yes indeedy. He HAD to have known about this abuse. He had seen her in action and surely the chilld told him. He let it go on. I also have doubts the step mom knows that much about using a wood chipper.
    At the very least he left his daughter to the mercy of a monster.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Yeah, that and there was a yard fire earlier in the morning. Fireman show up and find the ransom note. No one checks on the daughter right then???? Granted, the note was supposedly for another kid, but who doesn't check on their kid during a fire? Or when there has obviously been something weird going on like a fire and a ransom note? But no, these yahoos call police HOURS later to report her missing.

Dad smells bad.
    I was thinking the same thing, and ESPECIALLY a kid who's hearing impaired and has a prosthetic leg?? If anything, you'd think the parents would be overprotective.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

oh my god. evil mofos in this world. sickening. she's dead and she's been dead for a while. hopefully they didn't put that poor child through a woodchipper though. jesus.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    oh my god. evil mofos in this world. sickening. she's dead and she's been dead for a while. hopefully they didn't put that poor child through a woodchipper though. jesus.
    Dear God, don't let that be the case.... I heard that a cadaver dog focused on the wood chipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, and ESPECIALLY a kid who's hearing impaired and has a prosthetic leg?? If anything, you'd think the parents would be overprotective.
    Exactly. And I'm not all that impressed with the police either. There's a ransom note at a house with a child and they didn't check on that child?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    It does make the offense even worse. From what I've read, abuse of a body after murder shows the level of hatred and/or disconnect between the murderer and the victim.

I wonder what the bio mother thinks of all of this. I havent read anything about her other than that she lives outside of the US.

This is an interesting point of view from a blogger:

Zahra Baker case: Do Elisa’s actions show premeditation?

The timeline for when 10-year-old Elisa Baker may have gone missing (was murdered?) is tightening. Police issued reports yesterday that stated they believe Zahra did move with the family to the house in Hickory, North Carolina approximately 6 weeks before her disappearance, and was seen as late as mid-September. An investigation by the Hickory Daily Record has revealed the move was after the school year started and Zahra’s previous school actually contacted Elisa Baker after Zahra did not return for the new school year. It was during these phone calls that Elisa Baker informed the previous school they had moved to a new school district, but that Zahra was going to be home schooled. The Caldwell County school system actually provided information to Elisa during these phone calls about the guidelines and requirements for home schooling and attempted follow-up phone calls to check on the progress for Zahra’s homeschooling, but Elisa Baker nor Adam Baker answered or returned any of their follow-up calls.

Elisa Baker nor Adam Baker took any necessary actions to officially register Zahra as being home schooled. Which is the first indication of some longer term plan to not provide for this child in life. Now, this doesn’t necessarily point to planning to kill her, but it indicates neither of these parents really cared one way or the other if her basic needs and fundamental rights to an education were being fulfilled. Which by itself is disturbing. You add that to the numerous accounts of witnessed, and reported abuse of Zahra and the portrait of the little girl’s life becomes ugly enough to move to the attic.

But there is another action taken by Elisa that may be very telling. Hinky reader george made an interesting observation yesterday about an alleged phone call Elisa made last Friday – just the day before Zahra was reported missing. Brittany Bentley, former wife of Elisa’s nephew, is one of the people who filed charges against Elisa Baker for communicating threats. Brittany Bentley claims that Elisa threatened to kill her, her baby and her husband, Zachary. In an interview given by Brittany earlier in the week she stated that on Friday Elisa Baker phoned her and asked her to drop the charges. Brittany refused. George’s question was this: Did this indicate that as early as Friday, Elisa was planning the phone call or other actions to report Zahra missing? Could this phone call at least indicate premeditation of the reporting of Zahra’s disappearance, not necessarily the murder? Could this phone call go toward tightening the timeline as to when Zahra actually “disappeared” (i.e. was murdered)?

By Sunday morning Elisa Baker was arrested on what has been reported to be “up to 2 dozen” unrelated charges ranging from bad checks, to larceny by an employee, to the charges of communicating threats. So the question might be asked – why would Elisa bother calling Brittany to try to get charges dropped when she had so many other things she could be arrested for? Well, the answer is…it does not appear that Elisa Baker had knowledge of ANY of the charges she was arrested for on Sunday EXCEPT the charges of communicating threats. In fact, every single charge of bad checks, larceny, failure to return rental property, etc. were served on Elisa Baker on Sunday October 10th when she was arrested. And the reason being, Elisa used aliases, and apparently used erroneous birthdates (i.e. apparently using her own daughter’s personal information on several things), as well as multiple addresses either real or fake, to stay below the radar on businesses she wrote bad checks to, or absconded with their rental property. The short story is, Elisa Baker had apparently never been served with notice of almost ALL the charges she was arrested for on Sunday, UNTIL Sunday when authorities finally found her!

So, yes, george, your question is very valid. Not knowing there were a truckload of pending charges out there, on Friday the 8th of October, Elisa Baker may have been trying to eliminate any arrest due to the charges of communicating threats in preparation for reporting Zahra missing. Now, someone asked, why would getting these charges dropped the day before she reported Zahra missing help? Well, who says that Zahra would have been reported missing this early if Elisa Baker had been successful in talking Brittany Bentley into dropping the charges? We have no way of knowing how much longer Elisa would have waited to report Zahra missing had she been able to clear what she knew was against her last Friday. But, aside from that, who said Elisa Baker is an intelligent person?

So going with george’s thoughts on this…does this mean that some time between Thursday evening (when Adam Baker claims to have last saw his daughter) and Saturday Zahra Baker was killed? Was Elisa making the phone call because the murder had already taken place and she was panicked to get things in order because her husband was coming home that night and she didn’t know how long she would be able to conceal from him that Zahra was gone? Luckily she was working with an inattentive, noncaring father…so no telling how long she could have gone before having to confess Zahra wasn’t there. We have to admit if things really went down the way Adam Baker claims, he hadn’t even discovered on his own that his daughter was missing as late as 2 pm Saturday when he claims Elisa came screaming out of the house she was gone.

Personally, I don’t believe Adam Baker. I think he knew and may be complicit if not totally responsible for disposing of Zahra’s body. In which case, the phone call to Brittany Bentley by Elisa on Friday may have been with the intention of getting her record cleared and then BOTH of the Bakers not revealing her missing for God only knows how long. Along the lines of this thinking, when Elisa was unable to clear her name, they just went on with the report of Zahra being gone and took their chances that Elisa would beat the claims of uttering threats. Fortunately….there were many more charges waiting for Elisa out there. Charges, it appears, she didn’t even know about.
    Valhall.
    References:
    http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...led-ar-458423/
    http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/10/...-find-her.html
    The Hinky Meter

Interesting, because the homeschooling thing has been bugging me. There are followups that should have taken place. A child not being in school is a big deal. Someone should have been out there investigating. In NC you must have a HS diploma or equivalent. Don't believe for a minute this woman does. And I never believed she went through all the proper channels. It is a pain in the ass.

Poor kid was probably already dead but there seems to be some significant failure on the part of the system.

Having serious doubt about daddy's tearful tv appearances. Sounds like this kid never stood a chance.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Nancy Grace is, of course, all over this one. I have to say that I have actually enjoyed watching her talking about this one, because she is completely off the wall w/the woodchipper stuff.

Premeditated, in my opinion, would be an understatement--at least by StepMommy.

Really sad. I hope she gets the stiffest punishment... stepmother of the year!

Elisa Baker (AP Photo/Hickory Police Department)

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Really sad. I hope she gets the stiffest punishment... stepmother of the year!

Elisa Baker (AP Photo/Hickory Police Department)
    Can you imagine being a poor, defenseless kid and having someone like this go after you? I really hope there is a heaven and a hell.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information